After nearly 2000 miles of ownership a problem has occurred

Delvard

Bought the car from new in September. It's been fantastic fun driving and whatsmore we've never seen another here in Plymouth.

The problem is, the dashboard has started to vibrate/squeak. Not all the time but it's a bit annoying and a little worrying considering the mileage.

Obviously it's still under warranty but what are VW likely to say? Is this something easy to remedy? Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks 8)

QUOTE(Delvard)
Bought the car from new in September. It's been fantastic fun driving and whatsmore we've never seen another here in Plymouth.

The problem is, the dashboard has started to vibrate/squeak. Not all the time but it's a bit annoying and a little worrying considering the mileage.

Obviously it's still under warranty but what are VW likely to say? Is this something easy to remedy? Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks  8)

i think most of us have various squeaks and rattles....vw may look into the problem, but i have 2 views on this.

1. if they do look into it and start taking it apart you run the risk of the muppets in the workshop either making it worse or forgetting to connect something back up etc....can of worms....

2. i think that i haven't paid 30k for a mercedes and i expect these sort of things to happen in a 12 grand car. i have driven a mini cooper - supposedly rock solid build quality and that had a few squeaks.

at the end of the day mate it is up to you and whether you can put up with it.

Well strictly speaking this is the missus car. Before this she drove a Ford Ka. About 6K. In 20000 miles of ownership, not a peep. I think for 12500 I can expect the same.

If the muppets in the workshop get it wrong, well they can do it again. Thats what they are paid to do.

Lets see what VW say on Monday.

QUOTE(twisty `b-road`)
Every 30k Beemer and Audi I've been in rattles too?

maybe i should have said 250k roller??? laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

the point is i'm not expecting the Loop to be completely squeak or rattle free.

Well strictly speaking this is the missus car. Before this she drove a F*rd Ka. About 6K. In 20000 miles of ownership, not a peep. I think for 12500 I can expect the same.  

If the muppets in the workshop get it wrong, well they can do it again. Thats what they are paid to do.  

Lets see what VW say on Monday.

good luck!

Delvard wrote:

I'm not too far from you biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I've seen a red GTI in Newton Abbot but that's about it.

As for the squeaks and rattles I have them too, and would agree with what everyone else says (unfortunately).

Good luck with taking it back though. I guess you'll be using Plymouth Murrays? Mine came from there originally.

Thanks for the replies everyone. It's interesting that the consensus so far is that basically it's no uncommon. I'm obviously going to bear this in mind now, but what the hell, it's still under warranty so lets see what they say.

BigMon Amazing isn't it? I mean I'd have thought we'd have seen at least 1!

In 13k nothing serious has developed, occasional rubbing sounds, not squeaky, nothing that annoying really. Not sure whether I'd take it to be looked at, as other people said, the chances are that vw would make more mess on looking for it, but its upto you, if it were driving me that mad I'd probably go look at it.

QUOTE(Delvard)
Well I'm glad you lot don't work in VW service departments! None of this "All cars make creaky noises" malarky! LoL! Told me to bring it in...The next available appointment....Dec 8th! Oh well. We'll see.

It's more that we've been beaten into submission by repeated VW dealer contact biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I agree with you that you shouldn't accept it, but be prepared for a lot of trips and arguments with the stealer.

QUOTE(BigMon)
QUOTE(Delvard)
Well I'm glad you lot don't work in VW service departments! None of this "All cars make creaky noises" malarky! LoL! Told me to bring it in...The next available appointment....Dec 8th! Oh well. We'll see.

It's more that we've been beaten into submission by repeated VW dealer contact biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I agree with you that you shouldn't accept it, but be prepared for a lot of trips and arguments with the stealer.

I've warned the missus not to get too worked up about it and....that lots of car make creaky noises! LoL! Better this way because if it isn't rectified she'll just be more dissapointed. Anyway I'll bring the thread back up after the 'stealers' (apt keyboard error!) have had a look on the 8th. :wink:

after 2000 miles it's probably just the cup holder tray? might be worth applying a bit of pressure under the central console where the cup holders are and see if it stops, most common rattle location and a bit of sticky backed foam will cure it fro about 10p

QUOTE(Crusoe)
after 2000 miles it's probably just the cup holder tray? might be worth applying a bit of pressure under the central console where the cup holders are and see if it stops, most common rattle location and a bit of sticky backed foam will cure it fro about 10p

Thanks for that buddy. I'll check and see...