Where to insure

RichGriffiths9

My car but under my dads name if that makes sense :)

Quinns site isnt working for me :S

Thanks Tho

Rich

So basically your insurance will be worthless anyway as your fronting.

My car but under my dads name if that makes sense :)

Quinns site isnt working for me :S

Thanks Tho

Rich

lol, ahh gotcha. you paid for the car but your dad is the main user still ;) before some mr or mrs straight lays into you

Il have to ask my brother who he is insured with because he got 3points for speeding, then 3 for being on phone and lost his licence but when he phoned up to say im on my 2nd licence now so how much do i owe you they tapped a few keys and then said...Nope, premium hasnt changed and have a good day :) spot on ey

Edited by Frankie

lol, ahh gotcha. you paid for the car but your dad is the main user still ;) before some mr or mrs straight lays into you

Il have to ask my brother who he is insured with because he got 3points for speeding, then 3 for being on phone and lost his licence but when he phoned up to say im on my 2nd licence now so how much do i owe you they tapped a few keys and then said...Nope, premium hasnt changed and have a good day :) spot on ey

If you could find the name of the company that would be amazing thank you :)

Rich

So basically your insurance will be worthless anyway as your fronting.

:lol: told ya. It never happens in reality, media doing their usual to scare us into thinking the insurance companies are onto us criminals lol.

Everyone on here declared their vw mudflaps and optional sun roof and 6disc changers, phoned up their company and told them that now mycar is most often parked overnight at my girlfriends house and not mine, pfff doubt it.

Id like to see them try and prove evidently that i was the main user and not my dad. when i had my 1st lupo my dad was main driver, he was also main driver on his car. That was fine because he still used the lupo more than i did.

my opinion and nobody elses but thought it worth sharing, hope no offence is taken from that.

Adrian flux i have found brillent the past 4 years, i have had upto 11 points at 1 point and they were still cheaper than all other insurance companys, and thats even insuring a modifyed car.

You will find as soon as you get your 1st years NCB your insurance will start to fall rapidly anyways.

Good luck!

Edited by Doody

You'd be suprised as to the lengths insurance companies will go to to prove you are fronting now , its been majorly cracked down on.

In the rare case they try prove a case of fronting they will have a very hard job, it is more a case of they will try it on and if your a walk over then yeah theyl take advantage.

Quoted from consumer action group in response to someones letter to say theyd been accused of it:

I used to be an indemnity handler before I moved to TP claims. It was my job to try and prove issues such as fronting.

Basically, if the policy isn't fronted then they cannot void your policy. All you have to do is tell them the truth. It is not your job to disprove the policy is fronted. It is theirs to prove it. All you have to do is tell them what you have told us.

Write them a letter clarifying that you used the vehicle to commute to work on a daily basis, as well as for social and domestic purposes. The van is used for domestic purposes (explain re: the tip, removals, etc). Explain that your son did not tell them that you use the vehicle as part of your profession, but for domestic work. Your son only uses the vehicle occasionally for social purposes when it is free and you estimate that your son uses the vehicle 20% of the time.

You should be fine, unless your son HAS told them something contradictory. They will inform you if this is the case but they need evidence (e.g. a letter or a recorded phone call). They can't rely purely on the notes a handler has put on the system, as they cannot allow for mis-interpretation, human errors, etc which may have lead to the handler putting the wrong information of the file.

If they do not accept your letter due to 'contradictory information' request hard evidence of what you or your son previously advised. The call recording for your sons interview, for example. You can then examine this yourself to establish if the insurer has simply mis-interpreted something your son has said.

If they void your policy and you do not feel they have sufficient evidence to do so, then I suggest that you go to the Ombudsman.

Hope this helps.

In the rare case they try prove a case of fronting they will have a very hard job, it is more a case of they will try it on and if your a walk over then yeah theyl take advantage.

Quoted from consumer action group in response to someones letter to say theyd been accused of it:

I used to be an indemnity handler before I moved to TP claims. It was my job to try and prove issues such as fronting.

Basically, if the policy isn't fronted then they cannot void your policy. All you have to do is tell them the truth. It is not your job to disprove the policy is fronted. It is theirs to prove it. All you have to do is tell them what you have told us.

Write them a letter clarifying that you used the vehicle to commute to work on a daily basis, as well as for social and domestic purposes. The van is used for domestic purposes (explain re: the tip, removals, etc). Explain that your son did not tell them that you use the vehicle as part of your profession, but for domestic work. Your son only uses the vehicle occasionally for social purposes when it is free and you estimate that your son uses the vehicle 20% of the time.

You should be fine, unless your son HAS told them something contradictory. They will inform you if this is the case but they need evidence (e.g. a letter or a recorded phone call). They can't rely purely on the notes a handler has put on the system, as they cannot allow for mis-interpretation, human errors, etc which may have lead to the handler putting the wrong information of the file.

If they do not accept your letter due to 'contradictory information' request hard evidence of what you or your son previously advised. The call recording for your sons interview, for example. You can then examine this yourself to establish if the insurer has simply mis-interpreted something your son has said.

If they void your policy and you do not feel they have sufficient evidence to do so, then I suggest that you go to the Ombudsman.

Hope this helps.

My girlfriend works for a major insurer , believe me they catch loads every year.

HAving insurance in parents name while your the owner of the car is just stupid, the insurance company will ask why the parent is a main driver of two or three cars when there is no need to be and the insurance ask the question "are you the owner and registered keeper of the car" when the insurance is bought.

I wouldnt worry to much about frontin, i know hundreds of people that do it and have done it for years, they have never been caught, i think theres more chance of being caught for a bald tyre or something

Can i be the first to say , ****ers.

First off Fronting is getting insured as a second driver on a car usually in a parents name and then being the actual main driver of the car or the owner of the car , so the logbook and the owner of the car is very important.

Belieive me there are several silly bears , as you described it , that do just that, they also allow their kids to put personal plates on " No mr insurance company Danny is not the main driver of the car registration number D-4-N-N-Y , his father steve is"

Also silly people that set up insurance and allow their kids to pay for it out of their own bank accounts, and allow their kids to not only be the owner of the car but also hold the finance agreement.

The list is endless.

By doing it your contributing to the hefty fees the rest of us have to pay when one of these people actually have an accident and they are found out.

I wouldnt worry to much about frontin, i know hundreds of people that do it and have done it for years, they have never been caught, i think theres more chance of being caught for a bald tyre or something

It only makes a difference if you have an accident.

Doing it for years is ridiculous, they'd be much better off taking the raping to start with and earning some no-claims.

makes no difference if you have an accident tbh. As long as you wernt a silly bear with your methods of payment, private plates as you mention etc. then ther'l be nothing to worry about. Its a matter of the company proving you are guilty of it, as long as youve not made a silly mistake theyl have a job.

In my personal opinion young drivers such as these guys are forced into options such as "fronting" because of the masses that make "personal injury" claims and the such like when it was not the case.

I would not think any less of anybody for doing it.

If somebody who was fronting was to crash into me id be thinking...fronting are we ?? bothered? Nope. fair play, lets get it sorted. and if they did have a issues cos theyd made a mistake then an MIB claim itd have to be.

Im blessed with not having an insurance policy and dont look down my nose at the young ones who have to deal with excessive premiums that we didnt even 6yrs ago.

All I can say is FRONTIN GETS YOU LAID the ladies love a bad boy like my self. My mate did it for years and saved lots of money as well as get loads of tail in the process. So to all the people that say frontin is wrong i say F**K YOU YOU SELF RIGHTEOUS PRIESTS. I ROCK :lol: