My GTi, not so standard any more.

db

Ah, the new plate was last year, but it looks far better German style than it did before biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

As for you Mr Payna, if my car was half as mint as yours i'd be very pleased! I've got a pic of it sat on the grass that I took at E38 that reminds me of the standard I need to get to! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looking good Db whats next now your on a roll wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

does luke fit everyones coilies? tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

well he help fit mine aswell now you mention it laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> over the phone though laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

wayne

Right new pics as promised! I gave him a quick wash but i didn't have time to do anything else, but he will get a good claying and a few waxes in before UD, can't let the side down now 374611609_ec64f13216_o.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

374611771_2851a9d9fe_o.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Some clean outside pics 374609316_3ae0d27a76_o.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

374609664_7dbc503437_o.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

374611418_5638c6c6bd_o.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

374611039_d7822614a4_o.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

374612905_bba4974a7f_o.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

374612751_f105308221_o.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

And some interior pics, showing how the Leather is bearing up after 49,500 miles 374611939_8556a661f6_o.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

374612117_cbf89c2014_o.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

374612308_52866cae1e_o.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

374613367_b884117a84_o.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

It was really hard to get a focus on the interior because of the brightness of the silver is in direct contrast to the black of the leather, i've put up the best ones smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

@Wayne - I'm in two minds over what to do next, i'm tempted to get it in the bodyshop and have it tidied up a bit and get an exhaust or whether to save up for some wheels instead. I guess we'll just have to wait and see tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

@Chris - You weren't planning Anniversary sills as well were you?? laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Cambridge lights make a huuuge difference! This is how my car will look within the next 2 weeks, apart from no cambridge and my own cd player and sub. Looks amazing, shows that OEM rules (and coilies) biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

@Willcrook: Thank you, i try smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

@Penry: Cambridge lights make all the difference, shame they're so common.

@ Jen: Thank you, her doesn't really compete with Flo though in terms of standard! I'm trying smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

@ Martin Get your self some coilovers, they're well overdue and you'll love the difference they make.

@ 50's Lupo GTi: Yeh, they're OEM sills, they're less sill and more stick on vinyl that comes rolled up. There's off the MK4 Anniversary Golf and you can get them from any VW parts desk for about £12 each side. If you need part numbers send me a PM and i'll see if i can route them out for you.

@ Grapo: Well, there's no accounting for taste tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> Shame your selling up though sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> They would have looked great parked next to each other at a show.

Keep your eyes peeled people, you never know what else might crop up before the end of the show season smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Looks absolutely lovely smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I dont think silver suits the gti, but as soon as you lower it, The colour seems to blend so perfectly with the ride height and the bodystyle biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> even the standard wheels look better at that height! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Sills are cool

@ Grapo - That's good news, i guess you've got some surprises up your sleeve smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

@ Luke - The coilovers are great, i'm still getting used to them and i've conclude i don't have good enough roads to exploit them on my daily drive now!

@ Al - Thank you, it does sit much better now, the fronts have settled in a bit more now smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

@ 50 - No problem

• 4 months later...