Lupo sport new wheels red lenso's

sinki106

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are you re-trimming, are you using spray glue?

Love it on those winters, i think those in white would go down a treat. Good job.

puttin material over the top of exsiting material just hope it wont be to heavy and sag down should be ok tho

yhea white wheels sounds good not looking forward to keeping them clean haha

check eBay often and put a post in the wanted section

you have to play the waiting game with bumpers lol !

the waiting game is one that i hate haha good things come to those who wait i suppose

thanks for all the comments

• 1 month later...

well not been on here for a long time not much been happen car has been in the garage for while lol, em just a few pictures of the roof and the rest of the interior

896081490a12082777228l.jpg

896081490a12082777275l.jpg

i think its looking good

am on the look out for gti interior mirror the thing above it and sun visors and grab handdles

also need new seats to finish it off

thanks for having a look

i thought you were doing a quilted style roof liner??

yhea mmmmm, i struggled lol but i have bought another roof and am still trying you have to glue a thin bit of foam to the roof then the leather and then stich in the squares, my girlfriends mum works with sewing machines in all that she just needs to find time.

not sure if the foam will be to much, just for putting it on the car.

i'll keep you up to date

this cars really coming out now

looks great, are those white grab handles or just the pic?

looks sweet on the black leather lining

i like the wind deflectors tbf

matt x

na just the standard grab handles,

thanks for the comments

• 4 months later...

the car has been sitting for about 4 months ohmy.gif alot of things been goin on, anyway painted the wheels, new starter, discs and pads, gear selector seal, timing belt, and a good clean. only done 2k in it since last august, heres a couple of pictures, what you guys think???

896081490a12559649989l.jpg

896081490a12559650017l.jpg

896081490a12559650048l.jpg

Thanks

for the quilted effect you need to glue a thin layer of foam to the leather, then stitch your quilted pattern and the contact adhesive it to your roof, if you glue the foam to you headliner, stitch the leather then glue it on you will just have a thicker headliner with squares stitched in and not a "quilt" pattern

trimming looks pretty good tho, good to see people trying the selfs!! and personally i wouldnt have painted the starlites would have left them silver

for the quilted effect you need to glue a thin layer of foam to the leather, then stitch your quilted pattern and the contact adhesive it to your roof, if you glue the foam to you headliner, stitch the leather then glue it on you will just have a thicker headliner with squares stitched in and not a "quilt" pattern

trimming looks pretty good tho, good to see people trying the selfs!! and personally i wouldnt have painted the starlites would have left them silver

Thanks for that mate

I lyk the starlites that colour, am tryin to save some money for new wheels but not doing so well haha

thanks for the comments

• 1 year later...

well i've not posted on here in about 18 months.

still got the lupo, but not much been happening tbh

in the last 16 months i,ve done nothing part for fixing wear and tear and just servicing it.

but a few things have been happening in the last 2 months

so what i have done is anti roll bar bushes, mounting bushes and drop link bushes all powerflex

rear whiteline anti roll bar set on medium

front seats out of arsoa

new wheels

also fk coilovers

new exhaust on its way so old will be for sale section soon (powerlow)

second hand rear bumper bought today will be here next week

and i will be looking for a standard front bonent as mines has been smoothed

and will be looking for a boot with badge or might be going for a mk5 polo badge grafted into an arsoa boot

not much pictures just now will get the camera out this week end

<a%20href=

DSC00110.jpg

i know there fake but the wife got them for my christmas

P1000965.jpg

P1000964.jpg

P1000966.jpg

just trying the wheels on, the tyres are 185/45/15

suspension sitting in winter mode arches have been rolled might be getting 165's for them and getting it sitting low

cant remember what else has been hapening lol

the sills will be getting fixed soon and will be getting a full respray once i get the bonent and boot sorted out

comments welcome

Edited by sinki106

ohh and went to my local scrpyard looking for an engine didnt have any lupos but i asked about polo gti and sure enough they had 1, so asked for engine box and loom and other bits and the boy said take the whole car for £500 fair enough i thought with them being 5 minutes up the road the boy said he would deliver so he did, wasnt a gti grrr!!!

but give him his due he has sourced 1 Y reg 56k on clock rear end damage only thing missing is exhaust manifold and for all the hassle am getting the whole car still for £500 and it should be here next friday

happy days

today i had to re-direct the cable from the alternator to the starter motor today as it has been rubbing on the driveshaft,

wasnt to bad to do

P1000996.jpg

got more pictures but camera isnt working just now,

got it off one switch at the alternator and a bolt also one little bolt holding the cable in place then take off the plastic protector around the sump redirect it around the front and then tape it up and then secure the cable around the engine , job done

P1010004.jpg