Engine conversion AGU/1.8t

Frankie

Rite guys update time

got one the mounts and chassis legs completely finished and seam welded so heres some pics

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

The chassis rail is now alot stronger than the original item so for the idiots ( No names mentioned ) that like to give negitive comments about what we are doing if you havnt got a clue dont bother

Also bin doing abit of strengthning by filling in a big factory gap ready the finish of the passanger side mount

BEFORE

IMG_0753.jpg

AFTER

IMG_0754.jpg

Edited by Jona Bona

Were about a ten min drive from showcase island. More than welcome to take a nosey when it rolls under its own steam for the first time

Were about a ten min drive from showcase island. More than welcome to take a nosey when it rolls under its own steam for the first time

I assume you're Wolvey kind of way then?

It'd be good to speak to like minded people who like putting big engines in little cars.

I'm more of a Vauxhall veteran myself, having built several redtops and C20let novas, astras, corsas etc.

The GTI is gonna be receiving a turbo fairly soon though! B)

The yaris was mine originally. Had over a years happy boostin out of it but then once it startd sanppin rods I think it claimed 4 engines in total. If I had to hazard a guess in hind site I rekon a bearing must have been on way out in charger an stressin number 1 rod. That thing did punch well above its weight tho, used to make me smile at hams hall. All about the torque to weight ratio and almost peak torque anywhere in rev range. Can u tell I miss it too lol

Yea it was number 1 rod that snapped n yea bearing had collapsed, i had the car off ginger jamie, it blew the day before i was selling it!!! Stripped it down for parts in the end, was a wicked car had such a laugh driving it, the revs jist never let off even between changes! Im about to do a 1.8t seap in my lupo aswel so could do with pickin your brains soon if you wudnt mind??

if u had it of gin then I believe we met outside the betting shop. My girlfriend was telling me off for getting rid of the yaris when she saw it parked there lol. Drop me a pm when were at a stage when u wana meet up. dont take any addvice untill mine wrks though :D

Lol yea thats right u had the golf at the time didnt u, na it blew up doin 70 odd in 5th thats wat pissed me off that i wernt even givin it ****, but sayin that, 5th gear puts the most lpad on an engine i suppose, yea il get in touch wen im close itd be good to have a butchers at yours aswel :)

Will this pass an IVA test as im sure with you box sectioning the front it may need one ?

It shudnt need an iva test as the chassis won't have been changed enough and the car itself is already approved,ie not a one off body with sharp bits etc.Insurance company will want an engineers report. If engine was to go up back then thatd be iva territory.

Time for an update and all the mounts are now finished jus need to gravitex and paint them :)

Bit of grinding

IMG_0769.jpg

bit of welding

IMG_0770.jpg

and the passenger mount is done

IMG_0772.jpg

and all sealed up ready for paint

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

More soon

What you doing for the hydro clutch ?

Instead of criticism, I'll mention that the loop GTI/TDI pedalbox will bolt straight in and give you an instant hydro clutch which will mate up to the 1.8T cylinder and save grief, even the gromit for the cylinder is there. Same goes for using a loop GTI gear selector.

I'm still critical of the chassis legs though.

i intend to try using the golf clutch assembly as i have it all and its free but if i cant make it fit easily then il make good use of your advice there. Same goes for the selector, i shall be using the unit from the golf as a whole. although ive not had a proper look it seems as though i can just fit the whole lot as it is. Is that yours in the pics?