When did you get your cambelt changed?

HaZz

looking into buying an arosa maybe this weekend! going to go and see one :) but i was just wondering as it has 60k on the clock and as far as i know there isn't a cambelt change but i shall find out saturday but i was just curious if it doesn't when would i be looking to get it done?

Cheers

£12 where do you get yours done? :o just got mine done from the place where i bought it from 2 weeks ago ,last time it was done was 61,000 and now on 113,000 so thought i better get it sorted out . cant do anything about the fact that it was left late in the past but now the babys mine she is going to get changed regular. B)

Arosa90 either must do it him/herself, or it's not the cambelt being changed!

Mine was done first at 50k (before I found out about the changed intervals) and has just had his second change at 85k, although he is approaching 12 years old now so technically should be having the third change next year!

Will probably next be done at around 120k or at 15 years old, whichever is reached soonest...

Edited by lunalupi

TBF, on the 1.0 and 1.4 8v, It can be done in less than 45 minutes. However, to the person doing it for £12. You're obviously just changing the belt... It's not the belt that is the problem. It's the tensioner! I hope you are doing your tensioner at least once every 4 years :P

Mine costs £12 because my dad changes it, he doesnt change the tensioners everytime. He usually changes tensioners when they need it. The belt was near enough at breakiing point when i got it and i dont have the money to be getting it done at garages