Soft blue lupo sport...

BaileyVW

hey hey people :)... managed to pick this up earlier today, had been searching for almost 2 month for a decent enough sport after selling my Lemon, car was only 30 mile away from where i live so thought id jump at the chance and buy it.

Its a 2001 ( 51reg ) Lupo Sport, 56,000 Miles, Full service history, HPI clear. The car came with FK coilovers ( highsports i think ), 16 x 7.5 Borbet A's in decent condition wrapped in new toyo proxes, Black vinyl Roof, stainless steel powerflow exhaust system ( not really a fan of aftermarket exhausts however this one does have a nice burble lol ). Also came with aftermarket viper alarm system and central locking, electric wing mirrors, electric windows, and alpine ida x200 headunit with alpine speakers.

Had a set of cambridge lights in the back of my arosa so decided to pop em straight on along with some new number plates when i got home before i went to work, and also removed some large club stickers from the rear window. Overall quite impressed with the car, esp with the price that i paid ;):D ... Needs abit of work but for the price i think it'll make a good base, gunna see if i can lower it anymore tomorrow on the rear without the tyres scrubbing :) Better pics to come tomorrow after a wash and wax, sorry these ones where taken off my dire phone.

loop1.jpg

DSC03056.jpg

Borbets Will be up for sale starting from tomorrow when i can get some decent pics of em :)...

Edited by BaileyVW

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the kind comments, wheels will be coming off i think, do like borbet A's on lupos but in 16's they just seem to big, would suit a GTI more i thinks lol....

First plan on the list is to get a new lower section on the rear bumper, when previous owner had it he said the exhaust bracket wasn't fitted propely and its managed to melt the plastic on the left side of the exhaust. ( if any one has this bit for sale pm me cash shall be waiting ;) )

Second plan is to get the paint work sorted, its a bit shoddy atm so will be looking to get the car fully resprayed as soon as possible, and at same time smoothing the front number plate recess and bonnet.... then from this point on the plan is murder.... get my drift? :P lol

Edited by BaileyVW

• 3 months later...

right havent updated this in a while as nothing much has been happening over the winter... but yesterday things got put into motion... driving back from peterlee after picking up some car parts and pop goes my gearbox along with my clutch :)... managed to get the car home and thought bugger it, time to get things moving....

been running a few sets of wheels over winter, had some smaller 15 x 6 borbet A's on, then BBS RX772's and have just bought a set of 15x7 zender turbos :)

IMG_0014.jpg

18568_304950088237_516998237_477602.jpg

18568_304838073237_516998237_477570.jpg

Zenders need a good polishing to get them back to how they should be got started on the caps but for now the wheels are just being cleaned...

also had abit of sun today.. and since the car is offroad and i dont have the gf nagging id start replacing the grey interior with the black :)... got the polo gti glovebox which im going to attempt to fit god help me lol...

20568_336005378237_516998237_492811.jpg

new carpet fitted :)

20568_336031343237_516998237_492814.jpg

and also got this little bugger to fit before i get it back on the road lol.

20568_312154548237_516998237_481477.jpg

plans are get the interior sorted, glovebox installed, black plastics and mk4 golf gti recaros...

get the zenders back to how they should be.. mirror polished.

fit the polo GTI engine...

then its body work time, smoothing and a full shoot, plan was to murder the car out however been thinking differently lately...

KBC11_BC25.jpg Ive always fancied a deep red...

F24_BC26.jpg or a candy glitter white...

IP02_BC25.jpg

i miss my yellow lupo so fancy a vibrant sort of colour lol.. anyways opinions on colour welcome:D

Edited by BaileyVW

also just picked up a set of rear pop out windows for £40, rubber seals and C pillars included just need the right screws and shizz and ill get onto fitting these when its sunny :)... will get some decent pics of everything fitted and finished too sorry lol :)

Edited by BaileyVW

cheers hairbear but ive just fitted a new sport rear bumper on as the previous owner hadn't mounted to exhaust propely and it burnt through the black plastic on the old one, so aint really in need of another bumper atm... am i right in saying the gti bumpers dont line up propely with the standard sport arches too??

Edited by BaileyVW

ah just seen the date you were looking for one! lol yeah they would need modifiying, but what i was going to do, is just use the very bottom part of the gti bumper, which is the only part noticably differant. that way it should be too hard to fit

yeah your new wheels are stunning, but i do still like the deep dish ones, this is what i love about club lupo, people stripping there cars out and making them look so good, they should take these crappy house shows of tv and put lupo shows on instead, pimp our lupo's....with westwood though for sure,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

yeah rich they came off a red arosa :) i seen your post on either wheel whores or edition about the PX, if i didnt get these i would of loved your steels they looked mint lol... but ive always fancied a set of zenders i just love them lol and your right about the polishing.. youve got to be able to see your face in them!!

chris260 i cant remember the lads name i think it may of been Gaz but not 100% all i know is he drives a slammed jetta and his gf a slammed red arosa lol

Edited by BaileyVW

yeah rich they came off a red arosa :) i seen your post on either wheel whores or edition about the PX, if i didnt get these i would of loved your steels they looked mint lol... but ive always fancied a set of zenders i just love them lol and your right about the polishing.. youve got to be able to see your face in them!!

chris260 i cant remember the lads name i think it may of been Gaz but not 100% all i know is he drives a slammed jetta and his gf a slammed red arosa lol

Yeah that's Gaz, his girlfriend had Kam's (heartagram) lupo before him.

small update:

had a sunny day today so got home from uni early... the new 6n2 polo gti engine has been dropped in and is now running :)... i think the clutch needs adjusting and then a few engine tweaks and it should be spot on...

will get some pics of the engine tomorrow....

next mod for the car is fabricating the polo gti glovebox and trying to get it too fit properly :D if i do a **** job the standard black plastic lower dash will be put in instead of the grey :)

I'll be interested to see how the glovebox goes, I've got one sitting in my pile of bits but at the moment but my lupo is just a Primered shell so is way to far off for me to start playing with dash boards! :(

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update...

As some may know my clutch and gearbox went two weeks ago, so decided that instead of change the clutch and box may aswell put the full 6n2 gti engine in which i had spare sitting in my back garden... had a few problems getting it running but nothing major and its now running sweet as a nut...

took us a week monday to friday to get the conversion finished as we where working in my front garden and the weather was dire :(.. this is what it looked like on monday...

23453_356018853237_516998237_501248.jpg

decided since it was sunny today id get a few pics, this is what its looking like today... changed over all the light grey plastics to black ( going to attempt the glovebox mod sometime next month when im off uni ), New gti clocks with Gti cover dome :)... mk4 gti recaros installed, gti knob and gear gaitor, leather steering wheel, leather handbrake... still yet to retrim the upper door cards should hopefully have em back on next week :D...

24191_377500458237_516998237_510645.jpg

Little micky smoothed the front bumper and painted it up this weekend :) spot on job... still running higher on the front than i should be but the front coilovers have siezed and ive spent all day today trying to get em sorted but no joy as of yet :(

24191_377504988237_516998237_510645.jpg

will get a few pics of the engine up as soon as ive finished polishing it :)

Edited by BaileyVW

looking good fella this used to be my mates car rich from durhamdubs i forgot to say when ive spoke to you if you need the zenders mirror polishing drop me a pm