what coilies for a track slag

sasquatch

i am making a track/ show car and am unsure on what suspension to use, anyone got any good ideas??

do you have a budget in mind. There are plenty of things that can be done with the suspension - not all will be off the shelf parts.. also will this car be driven on normal roads

KW Variant 3's are just about the best you can get for the Lupo. Although they don't seem to have a listing of the Variant 3's on the GTI model.

It's a shame they don't do the clubsports for the lupo tbf.

Theres nothing else comes close to the KW variant 3's for the money.

Any other manufacturer that does a fully adjustable coilover (i.e. Height, Bump, Rebound) will sell them for a lot more.

there are better options than the V3's but these will be custom jobs and more expensive. The V3's are great bits of kit and fantastic value for what you get though..

Edited by Kam Racing

well it all depends on wat u class as a show car dude!! i am currently building something special and hopefully unique, want it to look the nuts at shows but also take to nurburgring and spar

I take it you mean spa? I would hate to see you try and drive a track car around a supermarket

Lets see a build thread of this special build then!

Edited by CasperGTI

Surely if one is an amateur using a car as a 'track slag' the best bet would be to have as little adjustment available as possible.

I'm sure 3 way adjustable coilovers can get one into a lot of trouble if not set up correctly.

What a bunch of bell ends in this thread. :angry2:

It's not just the coilovers you want to be thinking about to go fast. Geometry plays a big part too - if you know any places local to you who do fast road set-ups or work with track cars it may be worth getting their advice. They may also suggest some dampers and spring rates for you too, as they may deal with a specific company, making replacements and set-up advice easy to gain.

Also, bushes - new bushes throughout the car will stiffen things up nicely.

ARB's, thicker, adjustable?

Tyres - this is possibly one of the most important things IMHO. You can have all the fancy coilovers in the world but your tyres keep you on the road! Lightweight wheels are worth a bit of coin too.

Weight balance? You don't want the car too light at the rear, it'll be horrible under braking.

Basically, have a good read of Driveforward's build thread. You don't need masses of power from the engine, just a sorted chassis and lots of driver skill and practice.