what coilies for a track slag

sasquatch

spax rsx coilovers are worth a look alternatively you cant go wrong with the bilstein or koni set up's just dont drop it down all the way for track use.

Personally, I wouldn't touch spax with a barge pole.

Liam is spot on...

Tyres, bushes, dampers.... As anybody on here ever corner weighted their Lupo on coilovers????? Thats the idea of coil overs other than ride height.

Adjustable dampers, even on a trackday car are a total waste of time!!! *Now wearing big bulls eye on head*

the h&r coilies are actually slightly better then the kw´s since they have upside-down shocks and therefore lower the unsprung mass. they also don´t cost a lot more then the kw´s. definitely the right choice for a track car.

what exactly is a track/show car?? when your driving on the ring, you dont wanna have to worry about your custom paintjob, your painted underbody, your chrome rims and what not.

Adjustable dampers, even on a trackday car are a total waste of time!!! *Now wearing big bulls eye on head*

Correct in some ways! It's pointless adjusting the damping if you can't adjust the rebound. And it's even more pointless adjusting anything unless you totally 100% comprehend what effect the changes you make will have.

My Bora is corner weighed and setup to suit.

My Lupo was corner weighted, but ive made some small adjustments since then so its not exactly set up anymore.

Correct in some ways! It's pointless adjusting the damping if you can't adjust the rebound. And it's even more pointless adjusting anything unless you totally 100% comprehend what effect the changes you make will have.

My Bora is corner weighed and setup to suit.

Yep, single adjustable dampers are only any good if you have exactly the correct spring rate.... Other wise you just compensate for incorrect spring rates not knowing what you are doing.

On single adjustables, you are adjusting both the rebound and bump at a ratio of around 3:1(although this varies between manafacturer)

I would never look past KW1's.

If anybody is going to get their car corner weighted, remember it needs you in it when it's on the scales... Also, sway bars should be disconnected as they can have a preload that shifts the weight accross the axle, but nobody ever does this... Sometimes a preload can work to your advantage.