Big Engine, Little Fish, Card Board Box

VWJason

Fair play to the person that built it.

I don't understand how he hasn't had time to fill in the V5 to update the engine details, yet has had the time to list the car with such detail on eBay. Lazy sod.

That would easily push out about 145 mph in fifth, wouldn't like to try it tho.

Personally I would have fitted the F 16 box aswell.

I didnt fit the F16 box as its a smaller ratio than the F20 and there would be no grip, as traction can be a probs when heavy footing it...

As for updating the book, its more of a re-sale thing. I am insured fully on her, and the paperwork could be sent off at any time if needs be, but as the cars up for sale i cant wait 4 weeks for it to turn up.

The car hit 120 in fouth and still had 5th to go.. ive been told the f20 is good for 150-155 but im not 100% sure, and to be honest my private parts arnt big enough to try it in a car that size lol. I know my coscast 2.0 16v redtop with an f16 in a classic nova hit the 144mph mark and was very close to the limit, so the f20 should be a good bit more.

As for the crash test, i saw the video after we did the conversion.... lol.. although mine has a lot of extra strenghthening bars and plates welded in, and fully seam welded engine bay...

I know most people hate these cars, and to be fair i did prior... but it was one of them moments where an idea turned into reality and we ended up having a go.. Its now the only one in the world, although im sure someone will have a try at copying!

Must admit it wipes a lot of peoples smiles off their faces, as with it being a seicento i usually get a few chavs try to have a play in their 1.2 vauxhall corsa's....

I had it on the way to trax, some fat kids in a corsa doing the old w*nker sign out the window to me.... left my car in 5th and blew them a kiss while planting it lol..

I wouldnt get rid of it if i had any other way, but i cant afford a second car, so going back down the slow and low lupo route....

Edited by asylumaudio

I didnt fit the F16 box as its a smaller ratio than the F20 and there would be no grip, as traction can be a probs when heavy footing it...

As for updating the book, its more of a re-sale thing. I am insured fully on her, and the paperwork could be sent off at any time if needs be, but as the cars up for sale i cant wait 4 weeks for it to turn up.

The car hit 120 in fouth and still had 5th to go.. ive been told the f20 is good for 150-155 but im not 100% sure, and to be honest my private parts arnt big enough to try it in a car that size lol. I know my coscast 2.0 16v redtop with an f16 in a classic nova hit the 144mph mark and was very close to the limit, so the f20 should be a good bit more.

As for the crash test, i saw the video after we did the conversion.... lol.. although mine has a lot of extra strenghthening bars and plates welded in, and fully seam welded engine bay...

Edit to add this

fiat.jpg

This was rolled up the road from me between 50-70 mph, surprisingly everyone got out alive, a bit batterd and bruised, but alive.

I know most people hate these cars, and to be fair i did prior... but it was one of them moments where an idea turned into reality and we ended up having a go.. Its now the only one in the world, although im sure someone will have a try at copying!

Must admit it wipes a lot of peoples smiles off their faces, as with it being a seicento i usually get a few chavs try to have a play in their 1.2 vauxhall corsa's....

I had it on the way to trax, some fat kids in a corsa doing the old w*nker sign out the window to me.... left my car in 5th and blew them a kiss while planting it lol..

I wouldnt get rid of it if i had any other way, but i cant afford a second car, so going back down the slow and low lupo route....

I know what you mean about the traction, the F20`s can be troublesome in the wet, I built a corsa with my mate with a 20xej engine (i sound like a right chav :D), and thats good for about 145 very close to the limiter in 5th, now on to the 3rd gear box which is an F16, not been out in it yet, but i cant wait to see the difference with the shorter ratios, especially up the srtip.

And im not a lover of the fiats either to be fair, but they put up better in a crash than you would expect to be honest, and hats off to you for building it, thats as sleeper as you can get imo.

Edited by lupoluke

fair play to you mate i couldnt care less what they look like butid drive one anywhere with that engine in though :)