lupo gti alarm

ry203

How can I find out if my lupo GTi alarm actually works. The locks seem crazy, I cant work out what they are doing when I'm sitting in the car and sometimes some doors lock after a while without me pressing anything on the key fob. I've never been able to set the alarm off so wouldn't know if it works or not. Is the keyfob proximity activated or something?

Get out the car, lock the car using the keyfob, then open the boot manually using the key, should set it off :lol:

Well, that didn't work :( Think I have an alarm problem. For gods sake, thats the light buzzer not working, alarm knackered, need a new coilpack and leads.... expensive cars considering I didn't have a single problem with my 52 polo 1.2 for 2 years.

If your buzzer's not working, and it's locking itself (usually after 30 seconds or so) it sounds like the microswitch in the door lock is broken. It's a fairly common thing, you'll probably find your interior light doesn't come on when you open the driver's door (but does if you open the passenger one). The alarm problems are more than likely related to this too.

If your buzzer's not working, and it's locking itself (usually after 30 seconds or so) it sounds like the microswitch in the door lock is broken. It's a fairly common thing, you'll probably find your interior light doesn't come on when you open the driver's door (but does if you open the passenger one). The alarm problems are more than likely related to this too.

yea but i tried opening the boot to set it off and still nothing.... so that's nothing to do with the drivers door surely??

Just checked the drivers door, the light does not come on when I open the drivers door but also the service light has recently come on and it doesn't beep like it used to in my polo, nor does it beep when the fuel light comes on....could it be something else like the buzzer or some computer? I know the dealer i bought it off replaced the central locking ecu before i bought it so I don't know if that did anything. Just confused as I've never owned a lupo before so I dont know what it should and shouldn't do. :S can someone help me out lol :) thanks

In that case I'd guess you have a couple of issues... you need to check out the boot open light first I'd guess. Look at the boot mechanism and see if there's any corroded wiring etc - this can happen if the rear wash pipe breaks (another common problem) however it usually results in the car thinking the boot is always open.

i would say that his alarm isn't setting because the door lock micro-switch is broken. Get that fixed, and you should be back to a fully-working alarm!

i would say that his alarm isn't setting because the door lock micro-switch is broken. Get that fixed, and you should be back to a fully-working alarm!

where do i get one? Is it easy to fit and is it expensive? Cheers, Ryan

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, really need my alarm sorted now, had my rear wiper ripped off last night and its a bit of a wake up call... Im certain both my driver side door micro switch and boot switch does not work as the internal light does not come on and the boot indicator does not come on either when their open, however the passenger side activates the internal light. I have tried setting the alarm off numerous ways, both making noise internally and opening the boot and neither work, making me think that the alarm is just not activating. Therefore, where can I get the micro-switches and are they easy to fit and are they expensive? Cheers, Ryan :)

• 3 weeks later...

just managed to confirm that the drivers door micro switch is broken or disconnected.... Closed the door and locked it with the keyfob and left the sidelights on. I pushed the door (for some reason) and the interior light came on and the beeper started for the first time since i have owned the car to tell me that the lights are on.

So now i need to know,

Where is the door micro switch located? Is it just in the lock mechanism on the door itself or is it in the hinge area?

I still cannot get the alarm to go off, not sure if this is to do with the switch.

Another problem is the boot light and interior light does not come on when it's opened either....so where is that micro switch located?

Thanks for the help :blush:

i have the same problem. was just about to make a thread. ive been told the micro swtich will affect the alarm. my car only locks one door. my key fob doesnt work but that doesnt relate to the problem. changing the micro switch should make the alarm come on. as mine has stopped working