Schumacher to stand in for Massa

simpo

Now that will make f1 even more worth watching, been quite good this year, especially recently as button has had a bit of competition

I cant believe he is coming back, he left his career on such a high note. If it was me I wouldn't want to jeopardize it, especially as so much has changed.

Must have been allot of money changing hands.

I don't think it'l affect his career too much. There's only 6 races left, if he does pants in them it doesn't really matter.

However, Ferrari have upped their game recently and I suspect we'll be seeing him on the podium more than once before the end of the season. All he needs to do is take points from Red Bull and I'll be happy. :D

I'd pay them all my wages to do it not that ferrari gives a **** about my measly salary lol and i wouldn't even be cared about the expectation to win i can live with being a dissapointment for half a season in f1 lol

on a serious note it'll be the first time we see hamilton and schumacher on track together

apparently he cant even drive the car until first practice at valencia and hasnt driven an F1 car since April last year.

Be interesting to see if he slots straight back in!!

I cant believe he is coming back, he left his career on such a high note. If it was me I wouldn't want to jeopardize it, especially as so much has changed.

Must have been allot of money changing hands.

I dont think he will jeopardize it, i think hes just doing it as a big fav to ferrari. i doubt he will be there next season.

Will he carry on with massas points??

I doubt he'd have trouble reacquainting himself with the controls. He's on the pit lane with a pair of headphones on most races, so he has to be pretty involved in the team already.

As for Massa's points, I'd doubt very much that would be allowed, I think this is a constructors championship damage limitation exercise. If they nick points from Red Bull, it should buffer Brawn's position for a little while.

All will be revealed in the fullness of time.

apparently he cant even drive the car until first practice at valencia and hasnt driven an F1 car since April last year.

Be interesting to see if he slots straight back in!!

I don't think there's anything stopping him from driving last seasons car to reaquaint himself to F1. It's no doubt quite a bit different to the new car, but better than nothing.

I dont think he will jeopardize it, i think hes just doing it as a big fav to ferrari. i doubt he will be there next season.

Will he carry on with massas points??

Nah he won't carry Massa's points forward.

He could technically still win the championship if he won all the remaining races and all the main contenders didn't score points. :lol:

I don't think there's anything stopping him from driving last seasons car to reaquaint himself to F1. It's no doubt quite a bit different to the new car, but better than nothing.

apart from the massive shuffle up over aerodynamics etc at the start of this season I'd imagine he has driven this years car before anyway he is a major tester for them still

Edited by matt~black

Schuey's back in F1 and already the rules are changing around him.

He's now allowed a free test before the Friday session, bloody brown nosing FIA.

it is a joke that he gets to test and the 19 year old the other week was not aloud ferrari always get stuff just there way

will be good to see if he still has it in him tho !!!

Schuey's back in F1 and already the rules are changing around him.

He's now allowed a free test before the Friday session, bloody brown nosing FIA.

Hes not testing in the F60 though. Its a F2008 or F2007 with areodynamic changes to make it as close to the F60 as possible. So actually there not braking any rules.

Ferrari just have too much money to throw about, so they can do these things.

Im very shocked that shui is making a comeback, its alot to loose and not much to gain. It will make very interesting racing, being a huge F1 fan myself.

Cant wait to see the shui/hamilton showdown though.

John

They have Luca Badoer and Marc Gene. They would have been available if Schumacher wasn't.

They're Ferraris test drivers, and one of them should have got the driver, before they were gazumped by a pensioner.