Retro fit Aero Wipers

Unheard

I need some new wiper blades its way overdue they have been bad for some time but they realy have got to the point

when its raining you have more chance of seeing without them.

Has anyone had experience with the retro fit aero wipers or are they total junk? If they are Junk how much am i looking at

to get GTI blades and arms?

I had some Bosch ones on my Arosa, with in a week they went in the bin!

There was a massive area they use to miss and it was right in my field of vision! I went back to standard Bosch wipers and they were great!

I also had GTi Aero wipers on my old Lupo Sport and when I brought my Arosa I did not bother again as I thought the standard wipers were better.

Try some new standard wiper blades (make sure drivers side has the areo spoiler on it) and put some Rain-X on all the exterior glass :swerve:

If you buy aftermarket aero wipers make sure you get 2x 19" blades not a 19" and a 21" as the longer blade which is meant to wipe the drivers side does as Luke has mentioned and leaves huge unwiped areas!

go with the above

I bought some cheap-ish ones from eBay and they're fine, I prefer them to standard wipers

just make sure you buy 2 x 19" because a 21" is too long and doesn't flatten properly over the screen :)

19s cover enough of the screen

Cool thanks guys, its not really that the standards don't wipe well. Before i kept forgetting to replace them they were fine :lol:

I had no issues with them. Its just a good excuse to change them for something different. I think i will chance it and go for 2x 19"

If i could think of a way to get the wipers to park parallel to the pillars and wipe inwards i would go with some straight wiper arms

and do that the. If i can ever work out a mechanism that will be my aim. I do like the single arm mod but its a bit dated now and i am

sure i would regret doing it.

i got a set from tesco half price £3 a wiper (aero)... well they perform like a £3 set so for future reference there rated as dog poo!

you get to motorway speeds and the near enough dont wipe anything :angry2:

I cant stand rain x when you do use the wipers it smears really bad and it has to be applied all the time

to keep working . I either use spray and shine or diamond glaze it does not smear in the same way and

lasts much longer. Its also quicker to apply.

I cant stand rain x when you do use the wipers it smears really bad and it has to be applied all the time

to keep working . I either use spray and shine or diamond glaze it does not smear in the same way and

lasts much longer. Its also quicker to apply.

I find it improves wiper perfomance alot, I apply it one a week and it helps keep the screen clean to!

I bought those £3 Tescos ones for my lasses Polo and they are great. They need a bit of tinkering with and I had to bend the wiper arm itself a small amount but now it gives a really good clear sweep.

Really happy with the blades. I had probably forgoten what it was like to have good working wipers but i am totally sold on the aeros.

They just glide over the screen so well. Even when squirting the screen to wash it and you that dry patch on the first wipe they do not

drag across in the same way.

Wilko's sell some well cheap version of Rain X.... apply monthly... and its MINTTTTT :).. although as i found out this weekend... parking under oak trees seems to RUIN the effect...

but i agree with Treblet... 30mph... and you start to realise why you have wipers.

Solution 1. Dont go to West Sussex and park your car.

Solution 2. Drive 50mph+...........EVERYWHERE :)