Lupo TDI open air owner

Juice

Hello!

I'm from Finland and Lupo's were never exported here (Polo is smallest that we got!). I have been VW-fanatic since day one and I also work in local VW/Audi dealer. I went last april to Germany to buy my next "exotic" VW, a black 1.4 TDI with almost every extras :D (AC, ragtop, heated sportseats etc.)

_smaller.jpg

Other pictures (new and old) from my Lupo can be found here: http://www.juice.1g.fi/kuvat/Lupo/

_smaller.jpg

Wow! Love this pic. Car looks pretty spot on, though I wouldn't recommend using the air con with the roof open as it'll overwork the system.

Welcome to ClubLupo!!

Fantastic looking car there!

_smaller.jpg

Wow! Love this pic. Car looks pretty spot on, though I wouldn't recommend using the air con with the roof open as it'll overwork the system.

Welcome to ClubLupo!!

The aircon system being pump driven will only work to the same capacity no matter what the situation, weather it is freezing cold outside, red hot outside, windows up or windows down. It doesn't even matter weather you've got the heat setting to cold or warm, the aircon pump will ALWAYS work within its pre-set limits. It is not regulated and the pump is belt driven.

In a car it works in a totally different way to your refrigerator at home. You Physically can't overwork an aircon system. The only reason not to use aircon when the roof is open is so you're not raping the car of fuel.

Edited by nfbr

Fantastic looking car there!

The aircon system being pump driven will only work to the same capacity no matter what the situation, weather it is freezing cold outside, red hot outside, windows up or windows down. It doesn't even matter weather you've got the heat setting to cold or warm, the aircon pump will ALWAYS work within its pre-set limits. It is not regulated and the pump is belt driven.

In a car it works in a totally different way to your refrigerator at home. You Physically can't overwork an aircon system. The only reason not to use aircon when the roof is open is so you're not raping the car of fuel.

Shut up or you're suspended. ..

More fuel therefore less environmentally friendly!

I win!

:angry:

Shut up or you're suspended. ..

More fuel therefore less environmentally friendly!

I win!

:angry:

*cough* over zealous *cough*

besides EcoFriendlyRay, I don't see you getting 59.8mpg on a 25 mile run :P

Welcome :) Nice car

But when I move to Finland my Lupo will be coming with me and then there will be two of us :P I always wondered if the Lupo had got over to Suomi as I've never seen one there before, but my question has now been answered!

*cough* over zealous *cough*

besides EcoFriendlyRay, I don't see you getting 59.8mpg on a 25 mile run :P

It would if I put tractor fuel in it whillst visiting Dundee.

Go figure!

I always wondered where the extra buttons whould go if you had open air and heated seats on a car with electric mirrors.

Did you fit the cruise control yourself?

Welcome :) Nice car

But when I move to Finland my Lupo will be coming with me and then there will be two of us :P I always wondered if the Lupo had got over to Suomi as I've never seen one there before, but my question has now been answered!

Thanks, my car is not the only one, but It's one of few around here. I think there is under 30 Lupo's in Finland. But your car would be the first RHD Lupo in the country :lol:

I always wondered where the extra buttons whould go if you had open air and heated seats on a car with electric mirrors.

Did you fit the cruise control yourself?

Sometimes it annoyes me that I have only one cup holder :D I installed the cruise control myself with little help from this forum :)

Thanks, my car is not the only one, but It's one of few around here. I think there is under 30 Lupo's in Finland. But your car would be the first RHD Lupo in the country :lol:

Well next time i'm there i will keep my eyes peeled for some. None of my family who live in Finland even know what a Lupo is :( lol

Well next time i'm there i will keep my eyes peeled for some. None of my family who live in Finland even know what a Lupo is :( lol

Rarely seen here! Around here where I live (Turku), I have seen 3 others: one silver rag top, one black GTI and white 1.0 College. Usually there is 1-2 Lupos for sale in Finnish car sale website: http://www.nettiauto.com/volkswagen/lupo/?id_vehicle_type=1

Tervetuloa, onko lupo ja myynnissa suomessa?

That is actually perfect, there is only 2 "wee" errors: Tervetuloa, onko lupoja myynnissä suomessa?

And my answer to that question is: www.nettiauto.com:sta löytyy yleensä 1-2 Lupoa ;)

I installed today OEM GTI aero-wipers and a holder for sunglasses :D I also finally got the licenceplates. I'll might take new photos and make new topic to the "members rides"? :)