can you re-map a 1L??

willooon

Regardless of whether you can, why on earth would you want to? Remaps are useful on turbo cars, where the engines are heavily stressed and the ECU limits the boost. These engines are mapped conservatively for safety.

A 1.0 Lupo/Arosa engine is the exact opposite of this, any gains are going to be very minimal, and you would be looking at well over £300.

Edited by cobblers

Yes.

Awesome GTI do them. You won't get any huge gains in power but it apparently makes the car a lot better to drive. There's a thread on here somewhere about it.

Have a look through AwesomeAl's posts.

Yes.

Awesome GTI do them. You won't get any huge gains in power but it apparently makes the car a lot better to drive. There's a thread on here somewhere about it.

Have a look through AwesomeAl's posts.

You learn something new every day! Be quite interesting to see what has been done to improve the standard map!

Yup,

We remapped Lupo Luke's on here as a bit of an experiment/development tool.

Gave it 5bhp and 6lb/ft of torque! Not massive gains as phil said, But Luke did report the car feeling a little bit more confident on the slip roads leading upto motorways and that it was a little bit kinder on the wallet :)

Remaps on the 1.0 Lupo's are normally £199 + VAT but I'd be happy to do it for £199 all in.

I think the best results we've had so far have been on the 1.4's, Both the 16v 75bhp and the Sport 16v 100bhp's.

Yea Awsome did mine, The best way i can explain it is that it doesn`t give huge power gains, but its the way the "power" is put down, it seems there is more torque at lower revs, heres the R/R print out.

remappppp.jpg

Yea Awsome did mine, The best way i can explain it is that it doesn`t give huge power gains, but its the way the "power" is put down, it seems there is more torque at lower revs, heres the R/R print out.

remappppp.jpg

quality mate, think it needs doing!!!

getting a Supersport full exhaust system and jetex induction kit, smaller alloys coming soon too. I might stick it on a rolling road to see what it will do then, out ov interest. :-)

Lol, Its really not worth it. Save the £200, Put it and a pot and put it towards your next car. You will remember this when you buy your next car, "Why did i spend that much"

Regardless of whether you can, why on earth would you want to? Remaps are useful on turbo cars, where the engines are heavily stressed and the ECU limits the boost. These engines are mapped conservatively for safety.

A 1.0 Lupo/Arosa engine is the exact opposite of this, any gains are going to be very minimal, and you would be looking at well over £300.

Btw, Its not just Turbo cars that make full use of a remap, Keeping in mind that a turbo car would most likely not be running standard management.

Anything over a 2.0 will make a fair amout of gain from one :)

Btw, Its not just Turbo cars that make full use of a remap, Keeping in mind that a turbo car would most likely not be running standard management.

Anything over a 2.0 will make a fair amout of gain from one :)

99% of the 1.8t 20v Vehicles we get in work run standard management? Or do you mean in terms of modified lupos?

2.8v6 4motion's only tend to get +5/6bhp, R32's only get +10bhp.

With naturally aspirated car's its more of a calibration than a remap. You don't tend to get a great deal of power unless the car is strangled by the factory mapping.

The only naturally aspirated car's we've seen have good gains are the 2.0 8v's in the Mk4 GTi/New Beetle and they can be bumped up from 115bhp to 140bhp with a little bit of work!

Edited by AwesomeAl

Al, just out of interest what gains are expected on a 1.4sport please? im waying it weather to get a tdi or sport

Thankyou,

We had 116.8bhp out of Faithless's Mk1 Arosa Sport.

he had a standard exhaust and an "Awesome special build" K&N Apollo air filter.

Can't quite remember what the torque figure was though. It seemed to have a little more low down torque than a standard GTI so I reckon would be pretty much just as quick.

99% of the 1.8t 20v Vehicles we get in work run standard management? Or do you mean in terms of modified lupos?

2.8v6 4motion's only tend to get +5/6bhp, R32's only get +10bhp.

With naturally aspirated car's its more of a calibration than a remap. You don't tend to get a great deal of power unless the car is strangled by the factory mapping.

The only naturally aspirated car's we've seen have good gains are the 2.0 8v's in the Mk4 GTi/New Beetle and they can be bumped up from 115bhp to 140bhp with a little bit of work!

Yeah sorry, I didnt mean a 1.8t, Ive been talking to a guy about an R32 Turbo today so i had that stuck in my head.

Only 5/6BHP in a 24V, that seems pretty low to me! What type of remap are you offering, You should be able to get 15+ out of anything over a 2.8.

Yeah sorry, I didnt mean a 1.8t, Ive been talking to a guy about an R32 Turbo today so i had that stuck in my head.

Only 5/6BHP in a 24V, that seems pretty low to me! What type of remap are you offering, You should be able to get 15+ out of anything over a 2.8.

Not really... It'd a naturally aspirated car... You might get 15bhp in comparison with other modifications but not on a standard car.

What do you mean by what type of remapping? Remaps on the 2001 on 1.8t's, 2.0t's, 2.8's, 3.2's, TDI's are all direct port.

Remaps on the 1.0, 1.4, 1.6, 2.0's are Physical chip change maps.

Matt, what source do you have for your information?

I'd like to see GENIUNE gains 3x more than a reputable company with no modifications.

Mark

Not really... It'd a naturally aspirated car... You might get 15bhp in comparison with other modifications but not on a standard car.

What do you mean by what type of remapping? Remaps on the 2001 on 1.8t's, 2.0t's, 2.8's, 3.2's, TDI's are all direct port.

Remaps on the 1.0, 1.4, 1.6, 2.0's are Physical chip change maps.

I mean what kind of software do you use, Are you using Revo for mapping?

I dont have a source, Just first hand experiance on a couple of cars with different engines :)

I mean what kind of software do you use, Are you using Revo for mapping?

It depends entirely on the car.

For Diesels, 1.0, 1.4, 1.6's we do the mapping custom on the rolling road.

For the 1.8T's, 2.0T's, 2.7Bi-T's, 2.8 4motion and 3.2 R32's we use APR Mapping.

Unlike a lot of companies their figures are conservative and the cars get at least the figure that we quote if the car is running spot on to start with.

APR Are America's biggest VAG Tuning company and are very well respected throughout the VAG world. Here at Awesome we head up European distribution of APR's products.

info can be found here: APR America and APR Europe

Edited by AwesomeAl