can you re-map a 1L??

willooon

Al just out of curiosity and possible future reference, don't APR have a map for the 1.4tsi (170) engine that takes it to around 205/210? I remember reading that on an American VAG site a couple of weeks back, just wondering if its true and if your guys offer it :)

Al just out of curiosity and possible future reference, don't APR have a map for the 1.4tsi (170) engine that takes it to around 205/210? I remember reading that on an American VAG site a couple of weeks back, just wondering if its true and if your guys offer it :)

That's right! They've very recently finished the mapping development on the 1.4 TSI (turbo) and 1.4 TSI (twin charger).

The 170's are doing somewhere abouts the 200+ mark!

Click here for more Information!

We've got one in today having this mapping done, Hopefully will get it on the rolling road before and after for some comparison graphs!

That would be awesome (no pun intended) al! I think one of those with the APR map would sit nicely in the front of a lupo :P now just need to get this job i have an interview for and i can start making it a reality!

That would be awesome (no pun intended) al! I think one of those with the APR map would sit nicely in the front of a lupo :P now just need to get this job i have an interview for and i can start making it a reality!

Good luck with the interview mate! :)

Oo thats very interesting! Would that be £199 also?

That's right!

All 1.0's, 1.4 75hp, 1.4 100hp's are £199 inc VAT

All GTI's are £249 inc VAT

All 1.4 TDI's are £299 inc VAT at the moment :)

Hope that helps!

• 3 weeks later...

Might as well spam this thread since it's all about maps.

You must have mapped a VR6 before?

Mine is an OBD2, completely bog stock. What gains can I expect combined with a cone filter, sports cat and cat back exhaust?

A price would be nice too.

Might as well spam this thread since it's all about maps.

You must have mapped a VR6 before?

Mine is an OBD2, completely bog stock. What gains can I expect combined with a cone filter, sports cat and cat back exhaust?

A price would be nice too.

This is going to be one and only occasion I say this about a Petrol car, but: DE-CAT DE-CAT DE-CAT!

The VR6's seem to thrive on the removal of the cat, and the sound will be so nice you won't stop touching yourself lol...

Cone filter, Cat-back and De-cat pipe alongside a map should see you somewhere within the region of 190bhp.

We have seen 200bhp before but that particular engine seemed to be up on power to begin with.

Ashley performance do a nice manifold for circa £250 which will also help it "Exhale" a bit better and help make the most of the engine before remapping!

• 3 years later...

I got 48bhp extra (£150) on my first remap with standard eveything else on my Volvo V70 R awd. 2.3. . . Then a further 24bhp when i added bigger downpipe, injectors MBC. Theres NO WAY i would of spent more that £100 or so to get 4-5bhp in my 1L arosa. But hearing how it makes the drive much nicer i could be persued, it would be nice if it shifted a little more when needed. P.S its a driving tuition car