to optimax or not to optimax

should fit though you might find it hard to get someone to swap you for your five speed lol plus the ratios might not suit your little engine smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah thats y i thouhgt it would just be wishful thinking tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> we got a couple breakers yards round here tho, never know what i could find biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

hot metal expands and then contracts when it cools thus if the tank is brimmed it needs somewhere to go, the volume of the fuel will also change slightly based on temperature, hence the exstra area to expand into.

button opens when you close the lid on the fuel flap thus opening the extra space. It's fine to use as long as you are goin gto be driving and use it up. if you brimmed both tanks and left it unused it could rupture but as long as your driving 40miles or so it will use up enough to empty most or all of the expansion tank anyway.

so say if i was going on a long motorway trip i could fill it and then it would be cool cause i know that the rosa's gonna use the fuel thats in it????

you didn't go to the same school as YLC did you? lol

if your going to use a gallon or so it won't cause any problems and will increase the range by about 50 miles or so depending on your right foot.

so wats a gallon in real terms here what r u an Imerican ??? and theres nothin wrong with being a bit on the old slow side biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

somone said they only getting 300 miles to a take. Thats gd if the tank is 30 litres like ppl surgest! That works out at 40mpg roughly and the book milage on a 1.4 sport 100bhp is 43 mpg combined, so that not bad!

According to our manual the Lupo tank is 34 litres not 30.

Also tried Optimax for a few tankfuls in our 1.0. It made no noticeable differance except to the cost of filling up! I doubt that the 1.0 ECU is capable of making the most of 98RON fuel. The 1.4Sport and GTI are supposed to run on 98 but can run on 95 with a loss in performance so you should feel a difference with Optimax.

Dave

Ahhh, I've always gone on what others have said about the size of the tank.

You've hit the nail on the head about optimax though, although it does also have cleaning/protective properties (alledgedly) which will help any engine.

Go by what it says under the fuel flap, if it says 98/95, fill with 98 for performance/economy!