gti clocks

ohh and to add to that, polo GTI clocks or even lupo ones in an earlier lupo (1999-2000) mainly the early s' didnt have CAN bus so your clocks wont fully function and will throw up a load of warning lights when the internal ecu can't detect the systems.

The polo gti binnacle hood doesnt fit the lupo's dash...i've tried it...it would require some modding to fit. :(

MK2 Arosa clocks have the single binnacle cover, but without the shiney bit.

The small dial in the centre of the GTi is the clock.

I assume if you can get the chrome parts off a GTi they would be OK to swap over.

...I personally, prefer the matt black surround to the chrome.

ohh and to add to that, polo GTI clocks or even lupo ones in an earlier lupo (1999-2000) mainly the early s' didnt have CAN bus so your clocks wont fully function and will throw up a load of warning lights when the internal ecu can't detect the systems.

The polo gti binnacle hood doesnt fit the lupo's dash...i've tried it...it would require some modding to fit. :(

thats ruined that then :(

or well

al spend the money on euro plates then :D

MK2 Arosa clocks have the single binnacle cover, but without the shiney bit.

The small dial in the centre of the GTi is the clock.

I assume if you can get the chrome parts off a GTi they would be OK to swap over.

...I personally, prefer the matt black surround to the chrome.

Ditto

• 1 year later...

would the speedo surround (the overhanging cover) from a GTI fit a 2002 1.4S (non sport)

and how do you remove the plastic surrounds on the dials? (on a 1.4S) because I want to paint them :)

Cheers

Do you mean the sort of sun shade thing that covers the clocks on the standard Lupo? There are a few screws underneath, comes off easy enough. I've got a spare one I'm contemplating painting bright yellow, although I'd still prefer a nice strong green.

• 5 months later...

BUMP I want to know whether the binnacle cover on a GTI would fit a non gti as I like to lean over the steering wheel when bored driving and with the bra looking binnacle cover there is no-where to rest my hands :(

• 2 weeks later...

rich? why be a dick head? its a forum, a question was asked. i answered it... and you got ****s on here like you... that put people down. go bother some one else... pick.

Douggie, if you're going to have a go at me for being a dick, that's fair, I am a dick. It's an abbreviation of my name and I do try to live up to it at times, however since you're trying to be clever you should at least be clever.

I'll try to be less of a pick.

Promise.

• Like 1

Rich

My god, what is your issue buddy? If u look at the last atleast 5 posts your there,either being sarcastic making very sh it comments or all in all just being a DI CK... Is there a reason for this?

I thought this was a Lupo forum..

The mods need to look at how much pis s taking, slating, bad mouthing that happens on this forum! It's making it look BAD.

i agree with the above comments.. this a forum, for people to share/help/advise people on there lupos and people come on here to do that.. not see silly sly comments.. and arguments like this... so im leaving it now... but you need to take a look at your self and your posts and just chill out... you dont no me or most people on here so dont judge. just chill out.

bye

rich id just break your neck... this forum really pisses me off! big time! V3 lupo is right... i posted on his thread about this kind of ****. i had the same issue a while ago. people like you need to get a life and stop acting tough behind your monitor.

dougie clearly answered a question and you come out with **** like that... your a bellend mate!

Piers, feel free to give it a go.

I'll be at the Polo Show in Northampton this weekend, that's near Derby innit ?

apologies on my behalf... totaly out of character from me. as you have read in my post im just sick of inappropriate comments and im sure you will agree that your comments werent needed.

and no northampton is miles away pal...

Piers, feel free to give it a go.

I'll be at the Polo Show in Northampton this weekend, that's near Derby innit ?

whats this polo show like? I live in northampton, can i just come on the sunday to check it out? I could break your neck as well on behalf of dear old Piers! lol

It's basically a camping weekend at Billing, come on the Sunday, should be a laugh.

I thought cl were going to come along too, there were discussions but nothing came of it.

whats this polo show like? I live in northampton, can i just come on the sunday to check it out? I could break your neck as well on behalf of dear old Piers! lol

Cheers mate

I didn't see you Marcus, there was only two Lupos.

Piers, I went through Derby, we could have had fun time at a services, one had a 'glory hole'.