This makes me sick

Guest Lauryn

Guest Lauryn
Hang on.

An 11 year old has beaten up a 10 year old.

It happened to me many times when I grew up!

Thats not just a beating! I'm sure if I did that to someone of my age, I'd be charged with a serious assault at the least, and would definately get a few years in prison for it, and rightly so! Social workers need to get involved, find out why these children are behaving like this, and put a stop to it. If they behave like this already at such a young age, then imo the rest of their lives are ****ed.

To that extent?

Yeah, out of four of us that used to hang around together two were stabbed before we were 14.

I was tied up and beated before I was twelve.

This was the early nighties.

My Dad grew up in the 70s, he was glassed when he was 19 and stabbed when he was 25.

Im not saying it is right, what I am saying is it isn't a new thing.

Guest Lauryn
Yeah, out of four of us that used to hang around together two were stabbed before we were 14.

I was tied up and beated before I was twelve.

This was the early nighties.

My Dad grew up in the 70s, he was glassed when he was 19 and stabbed when he was 25.

Im not saying it is right, what I am saying is it isn't a new thing.

If its been ongoing that long then there should have been some sort of intervention a long time ago to try and stop this, and tbh I dont see much happening! I study Criminology at uni and the focus as I said before is all on the offender AFTER they have offended. We need to try and stop this happening in the first place, and deal with the victims as well

The extent of what these children did constitute S.18 Grievous Bodily Harm for which there is possible life imprisonment. If the critically ill child dies its Murder as intention to inflict GBH is sufficient Mens Rea for Murder and that has a sentence of mandatory life imprisonment. The fact that they are so young means that obviously nothing to this extent will happen to them, whereas even if they we 16 it would. Yes its arguable that at their age they dont fully understand the consequences of their actions but must clearly realise its wrong nonetheless. Children these days clearly think they are growing up and being adults as soon as theyr at "big school", for example the 13 year old with kids etc.. I think the children need to be punished to a certain degree, but those responsible for their integration into society and parents/guardians should be come down on like a ton of bricks to show that you cant bring children up like this. Throwing them out in the ghetto with knives, guns and fags isnt what they need and wont toughen them up for later life. At such an impressionable age they will pick everything up and see it as normal.

Edited by Shteee

This is nothing new or out of the ordinary, if you work where I work and see what I see I think most of you would **** your pants. Some of you lead very sheltered lives.

The kids doing it are too stupid to realise what they are doing, yet they have no fear of the Police or the punishment, which is the issue. The Police need to stop having to be so soft with kids (and ethnic minorities but that's another argument) and instill that fear back into kids, but it doesn't help that the parents always side with their little angels...

The prevention starts at home with the parents. I didn't have a conventional up-bringing but I don't feel the need to go out and stab people because I was taught right and wrong, yeah I did used to have the odd scuffle and I've given as good as I've got, but that's just growing up.

After the offending, the offenders get a LOT of help, which I don't think is fair... in a way, I side with the "gas the lot of them" and I do believe in capital punishment, IF the offender can be forensically proven to be guilty then they should hang, life for a life. These kids above should never see the light of day until they can show themselves to be respectable, and psychologically sound people, if they think they are 'hard' then send them off to Afghanistan and let them prove it, then maybe that would turn them into decent citizens.

OMG....

This sounds as it could have been as bad as the Jamie B thing about 10 years ago!

This is nothing new or out of the ordinary, if you work where I work and see what I see I think most of you would **** your pants. Some of you lead very sheltered lives.

Nothing new? Where do you live mate? I thought some parts of london were bad! :(

I live in a quiet village with little to no crime, yet a guy was murdered here last year. :)

Through work I am exposed to this sort of stuff on a daily basis, violent assaults like this are nothing new, although this age range is not as prominent, kids that age round here tend to be more into robbery and burglary.

Although I can assure, what problems we have here, it is 10x worse in London/Manchester/Liverpool. You just don't see everything that goes on ;)

The age is 8 in Scotland, and 12 in England/Wales

isnt that where they stand them up in court, and ask if they know the difference between right and wrong, and if they say they don't, the whole court case goes a completely different direction to what it's meant to do?

The kids doing it are too stupid to realise what they are doing, yet they have no fear of the Police or the punishment, which is the issue. The Police need to stop having to be so soft with kids (and ethnic minorities but that's another argument) and instill that fear back into kids, but it doesn't help that the parents always side with their little angels...

if my mum knew i'd done so much as rob a house, she'd call the police herself to teach me a lesson. we dont get much crime where i live, its a quiet historic town, but its outside Hull/Bransolme, which was voted the worse place to live. i suppose im lucky for living in a town where chavs think going out drinking on the streets 2 years underage, is possibly the worse thing you could ever do.

for those people who believe in punishment, should parents of their own pre-teen children who have committed a bad crime kill them for what wrongs they have done? may aswell if thats what you believe in. the same thing is done in other countries and its called honour killing, where a family kills the daughter/sibling when she brings dishonour to the family.

be careful for what you wish for, one day your own children could be legitimately killed because they did something wrong for whatever reason, even if it was an accident. a life for a life.

I see where your coming from Tigz,

end of the day... everyone gets a good beating at some point in their life... if not worse,

i got kicked/punched in the head by 3 guys & my car smashed up, some local residents stood & watched it happen... didn't even call the police

police came... tried to arrest us for argueing with eachother, my mates gave statements, the guys were arrested & gave statements... etc etc

police took photos & details, said they'd look into it,

a week later my car gets stolen while i was sleeping, gets found burnt out near the place i was jumped 2 days later hmm...

a month later i get a phone call saying there was not enough evidence for either case as there were no independant witness statements for the kick-in & no-one was caught in the car...

you never get what you or they properly deserve, thats life

you have to learn to deal with it in your own way

Obviously anyone who lives with their parents until they are middle aged before snapping up a bed sit appartment during the credit crunch at a knock down price is going to feel that way.

The rest of us 'Normal' folk have never had it so good ;)

Some of the kids I see these days are little ****ers. I mean I used to be a bit naughty when I was a kid but nothing serious. Kids today know they are pretty much untouchable and do whatever the hell they feel like. They know there parents couldn't give a **** and the police can't really do anything and the person they are irritating can't do anything either. Unfit parents are the problem. Its your duty as a parent to raise the kid right, teach them how to be good people. Not treat your house like a hostel and give your kids cheap cider and fags and send them away for the night because you can't be arsed to deal with them.

I don't agree mate.

I'm one of a family of four kids.

My parents worked hard, gave us a happy childhood but I still acted the **** when I was young.

That was my friends and I who was to blaime, not my parents!

But I do agree with some of what you say.

I remember as a tennager getting a slap off my of the locals for acting up, it was the done thing.

Now people are scared of stepping in if they see something going on.

I always do, I have fond memories of the kickings off the town folk as I was growing up!

Some of the kids I see these days are little ****ers. I mean I used to be a bit naughty when I was a kid but nothing serious. Kids today know they are pretty much untouchable and do whatever the hell they feel like. They know there parents couldn't give a **** and the police can't really do anything and the person they are irritating can't do anything either. Unfit parents are the problem. Its your duty as a parent to raise the kid right, teach them how to be good people. Not treat your house like a hostel and give your kids cheap cider and fags and send them away for the night because you can't be arsed to deal with them.

Totally agree here.. kids are untouchable. A few of my friends are Teachers at various schools.. and the amount of abuse they get is unreal. When I was at school, i wouldnt dare call a teacher a "c*nt".. or tell one of the female teachers "she had nice t*ts". I knew if I acted badly I'd get a world of **** landing on me from the school, my parents.. I would have that fear when my dad got home in case i'd get a 'hiding' as we called it.

There is no disicpline today. Thats the problem. Parents and the state are to blame.

Just look at the other end of the spectrum. You commit murder, you go to jail for what.. 10 years after appeal? If the state cannot punish the harshest of crimes, what hope is there for disicplining the younger generation in morals and respect?

Just look at the other end of the spectrum. You commit murder, you go to jail for what.. 10 years after appeal?

No, you get life imprisonment, with the chance for parol after a minimun of 25 years for Murder.

I think you must be confusing yourself with what the Media may tell you to sell papers.