New member needs help , BOUGHT A GTI, pg2

Guest LupoJoe

Guest LupoJoe

Hi people, very new to clublupo, ill cut a long story short, i've had 106rallyes for the majority of time iv been driving, the one i have now is as usual, stripped, gti engine 4branch manifold, supersprint exhaust, brembo 4pots koni dampers, speedlines, cobra monaco buckets and harnesses

I have always had a massive soft spot for lupo gti's and latley have been so tempted with getting one, im realy into detailing and am obsessive with it and am also on eumania forum, i seem to want to be in the 'euro' scene but i have a stripped rallye B) , my rallye will run mid-high 14's all day long and im not expecting that from the lupo, but im worried ill mis the speed of it, im not someone who flies about everywhere but i like a blast every now and then, what are gti's like with breething mods and are they quick, i sold my old rallye a year back and bought a new mini cooper but got bored very easily, im sure once iv got a set of coilies on the lupo id not want to drive fast as it will get too dirty,

my rallyes for sale and iv had lots of interest at 4k as it is a mint example and rallye prices are still very high at the minute

what should i do, any advice?, so tempted to go out and buy one, i should have neer 7k to spend on one, any major things to look out for

so much for cutting a long story short, lol..... thanks in advance for any help and advice, 106owners and rallye register forums have got me through ownership of my 106's so its nice to see a good busy forum on the lupo scene

quick 2 pics of tha rallye on an off chance of interest lol

106rallyemarchclumberpictures065.jpg

106rallyemarchclumberpictures003.jpg

Edited by LupoJoe

Lupo gti's are fun, rare and have a-lot of character. They certainly aren't slow but their not a hot hatch more warm. They take alright to breathing mods, with a few on the forum running around 140bhp with full exhausts and a filter. Those figures are before re-maps as well so there maybe some more left in them.

But if its speed your after id keep the Rallye, it's going to handle better, be faster and probably more entertaining their not exactly common either. :)

Guest LupoJoe
That car is stunning!

I don't think I could bring myself to sell it.

Do you have a link to your sale thread?

Look forward to seeing what you have planned for a GTI.

ah thanks mate, your supposed to be making my decision easier though lol, i was going for throttle bodies on the rallye next and 180bhp ish, just decided i wanted a lupo though as i need one to get it out my system :),

Guest LupoJoe

Decisions been made, i've pm'd a lad who was interested in the rallye, i cant resist, only thing is ill have to save over summer the extra dosh, which will mean missing all the shows iv booked for the rallye ie french car show and ppc in the park :(, need to forget this and focus in a time of saving lol, will be worth it and hopefully ill have myself a lupo by july/august

there many vee dub shows in winter?, im sure once iv bought it the modding will start soon after a full paint correction :)

I used to own RACK, the black Rallye, and i loved it, was very raw, and revved forever.

I had a sport before/during ownership of my Rallye, and i thoroughly missed it, so i got a GTi, TBH, i haven't looked back, although the Rallye handled better, was probably quicker, there is something about the GTi and Lupo that i love, and something about the Rallye that i don't miss.

I also converted a friend of mine from Rallye to GTi and he loved the change too, again, he owned a sport previous to that, and also a 106 GTi, so it seems that it is a step in the right direction.

Where abouts are you from?

Welcome to the club BTW

Guest LupoJoe
I used to own RACK, the black Rallye, and i loved it, was very raw, and revved forever.

I had a sport before/during ownership of my Rallye, and i thoroughly missed it, so i got a GTi, TBH, i haven't looked back, although the Rallye handled better, was probably quicker, there is something about the GTi and Lupo that i love, and something about the Rallye that i don't miss.

I also converted a friend of mine from Rallye to GTi and he loved the change too, again, he owned a sport previous to that, and also a 106 GTi, so it seems that it is a step in the right direction.

Where abouts are you from?

Welcome to the club BTW

Ah thanks mate, i remember rack, i also remember the controvosy when rallye register found out it was being euro'd, any mod on a rallye and they go mad, annoys me in a way, im now convinced and just want to get the rallye gone, 140bhp and 860kgs is a lot of fun but it has to end somewhere i suppose so it has to go before it looses value, ill see how fast i can scrape together 6k maybe a bit more which should get me a decent gti, i just want to be able to go to the vw shows and with summer coming up fast i doubt ill be able to

i understand there are a lot of vag shows?

ill need this site for a lot of guidence with me being new to dubs, had 106's and know most of what there is to know about them but this is a whole new world

i know where i want to go with the modding side, ill just need help with what looks good smoothed and best coilies and how low to go lol

might sound a bit stupid but the things i did to the rallye were all performance based,

anyway, thanks for the welcome its greatly appreciated, might get myself to a few shows before iv got one as my dads got a clio197cup and he needs a run out in it :)

what are the best shows of the year in peoples oppinion?

what months are they in so i maybe able to make a few in july/august

I used to have a red s1 with a gti engine, loads of fun off the line and could shock alot of bigger cars.

One of the cars ive always missed selling on. Is paul J still on the register, i owned another rallye with him and had done alot of conversions etc at his, i think we managed 5 or 6 rallyes on his drive and outside on the road at one point.

Good show this Sunday down at Santa Pod

Spring Festival

Then there is the 'Big' one

Edition 38 2009

GTI International, if your into that type of thing.

We love Traders, but you can pay us to show your cars if you'd like?

Elsecar is a nice little one up North coming up

VW Festvial Leeds

Guest LupoJoe
I used to have a red s1 with a gti engine, loads of fun off the line and could shock alot of bigger cars.

One of the cars ive always missed selling on. Is paul J still on the register, i owned another rallye with him and had done alot of conversions etc at his, i think we managed 5 or 6 rallyes on his drive and outside on the road at one point.

Lmao 5 or 6 rallyes, thats mental, iv'e only had the 2, not sure on paul j mate it isnt a name iv seen but thats because im on 106owners more than anything, the fun factor is mad but its stuff like entering show and shines ill be interested in with the lupo.... appeals to me more now to be honest and now im used to how quick the rallye is its no longer that fun

Good show this Sunday down at Santa Pod

Spring Festival

Then there is the 'Big' one

Edition 38 2009

GTI International, if your into that type of thing.

We love Traders, but you can pay us to show your cars if you'd like?

Elsecar is a nice little one up North coming up

VW Festvial Leeds

Thanks mate, im so happy edition 38 is in september, i will definatley have a gti by then and it will be on coilies and have some dish :)

even if i do get bored im sure i can find someone to make me a manifold for a bodie conversion :)

:P im obsessed allready lol

Guest LupoJoe
get one bought! :P you won't be disappointed! they have a certain charm about them! :D

lmao im allready booking a few days off work for shows, 1 being bugjam which ill make it my aim to make, does clublupo have a stand there?

best make myself a paid up member on here, itll be the 3rd forum im paid up on all be it the only one ill be using now iv gone to the dub side :lol:

Guest LupoJoe
Word of advice - don't buy a GTI if you want other cars in the future because you won't be able to bring yourself to sell up... I've had mine 5 years and I'm still not ready to part with it...
i feel thats the case with any lupo! mine is only a 1L and i could never sell!

thats good, i need to keep a car for longer than 6 months, i sell up because i get bored, havent had a dub yet though so i think once i get the lupo that will be it :D

seen a few 05plates with 35k on the clock going for 6400, i expected them to be more than that, should have one by may time if thats the case lol

Guest LupoJoe

Well, its been a busy day today, someone collected the rallye and i've just put a deposit down on this

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/c...icleRegLetter=Y

The car is immaculate and looks better in the flesh than in the pics, im not keen on the exhaust and im not even sure what make it is yet and if its just a backbox or a catback but ill be selling it and buying a standard i think

The engine sounds realy well and from a cold start up there was no smoke etc, it needs an oil change though and ill be dropping silkoling pro-s 5w40 which i always run in my cars :)

it'll be staying under the carport for about 3 or 4 weeks as it will be getting a full paint correction and detail and ill be replacing all brake pads and 2 tyres, also timing belt needs doing before it goes anywhere, for the time being the wheels will be powdercoated white as it will be a few months before i can afford some wheels

its allready on coilies but im not sure which make, the dealer didnt even realise it wasn't on standard susspention :lol: , if the coilies are cheepo's i might leave em for a while then get some better quality ones

underside will need a massive clean and probabuly ill get the underside re-sprayed eventualy

i doubt it'll be immaculate enough to enter any show n shines by the end of this summer but im sure it;; be ready by next spring

looking forward to lupo ownership and ill get pics up of when i collect and will get a progres blog up once im a payed up member :lol:

nice looking gti and a good price.

the rallye looks absoloutly c*ck on. always wanted onebefore i turned to the lupo. i don't think you will be disappointed going on what i have heard about from most people with gti's.

Guest LupoJoe
nice looking gti and a good price.

the rallye looks absoloutly c*ck on. always wanted onebefore i turned to the lupo. i don't think you will be disappointed going on what i have heard about from most people with gti's.

thanks mate, ralye was an animal but id just had enough of having just 2 bucket seats annd a loud rally exhaust, i want comfort and style

the loop's are awsome, can't wait to get started on it