Hello everyone, new member here!

Adam

Hello every1, great forum you have here and some really nice little lupos! i currently drive a mk4 polo and its up for sale as we speak, as i have fallen in love with the lupo gti and i will be hoping to buy one in the next month.

i have a few questions for you all, basically i have found out everything i can so far about them, but i was wondering about little things like whether it has an on board computer which tells you how many miles are left in the tank etc.? just little features like that. also do they all have the black headlining in? as i think that is a really nice touch. lastly what year did the 6 speeders come in? as i will be looking to buy a second hand one.

thanks for you help

lol, there is quite a few of us polo owners that love the little lupo! i still havent sold my car yet, i had it up for sale a couple of months ago on this site, the red mk4, u remember? u reckon i should try ebay?

6 speed from around 2001 onward though there would still have been some 5 speeds in the system so there are a few 02 5 speeders out there. Does have a black (dark grey) head lining and a trip computer whough i can't remember if it shows miles left till empty.

cheers for that info daz. what type of bhp figures could i reach if i were to chip it, buy a decent induction kit like a bmc one and a new manifold? would it be an increas of around 15bhp? or more? or even less? any info would be appreciated as im not that clued up when it comes to engines

QUOTE(Adam)
cheers for that info daz. what type of bhp figures could i reach if i were to chip it, buy a decent induction kit like a bmc one and a new manifold? would it be an increas of around 15bhp? or more? or even less? any info would be appreciated as im not that clued up when it comes to engines

Once you get one mate the power should be loads more noticable from your polo just because of the weight difference, mite take you a couple of .....weeks before you crave some more power.

not sure about the chip, i thought Gti's had some kind of glue on the ecu making it difficult to chip????

thats true about me noticing the power a lot more, my motor is only a 1.0. tanner you used to have the white 1.0 polo from porka.net didnt you? with the rieger front end? i bet you shat yourself when you first nailed the lupo through first and second! i know i probably will!

oh and like tigz said im pretty sure they can fit a piggy back chip, is it unisport or something that do 1? and they programme it to your existing mods so you get the best performance and consumption?

QUOTE(Adam)
thats true about me noticing the power a lot more, my motor is only a 1.0. tanner you used to have the white 1.0 polo from porka.net didnt you? with the rieger front end? i bet you shat yourself when you first nailed the lupo through first and second! i know i probably will!

Thats the one mate, whats your porka user name? I dont remember an Adam on there !!

It took some gettin used to when I first gave the Lupo a thrashing, that you can actually feel the power instead of just making a lot of noise and not going anywhere like in my polo!!

Hope you can get yourself a nice tidy motor mate. 8)

Thats the one mate, whats your porka user name? I dont remember an Adam on there !!

my username was pukka_polo, i hope i can find a nice tidy motor too, just need to get rid of the polo first!

Patcience is the key, i was lucky enough to get the asking price i wanted for mine, it went to a young lad that hadnt passed his test and appreciated the work that had gone into it.

I did leave all my rockford fosgate gear in it for him tho!!

He still got a bargain as to me the car was priceless.......just slow. laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

i love my little polo, but like you said its just slow. i could put another engine in, but i want a really nice looking and fast car as standard, and to me the lupo is one of the best around, especially with some nice deep dish wheels on and slammed.

i was also looking at clio172s, but i just love the vee dub scene and to me (forgive me if i sound arrogant) i think it is one of if not the only scene where you can modify a car and have it looking good without it looking totally barry! that is just my opinion, but im sure many will agree. i was looking at golfs too, but if i were to get one it would have to be a 1.8t and they are too expensive as im only 20 aswell.