GTI testdrive 2.....

DanGTI

....this time it was just me and the loop so I nailed it to see what it could do...and also raced it from the lights for good measure.

soooo much quicker both off the line and throughout the gears than the arosa sport. even in 6th it pulled more than mine feels like it does in 5th. it was black with the red interior which looked smart but in bright susnlight you could see loads of fine scratches which seemed bad at just 3k....

so ive gone for silver, no sunroof with the red / black interior.

oh also....after i got the finance to a price i was happy with i pushed for freebies, they said i could have the vw cd player, OR theyd fit my alpine, do this paint & upholstery coating (superguard kind of thing) & do the doors so they lock over 5mph.....

I said the latter cos the alpine is quite new & dont really want a tape player on my dash.

Nice one Dan does this mean you will become GTIDan then :? biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Am i missing the point or is someone more likely to try and open your door when the cars stationary?

anyway, nice choice Dan, hope you enjoy it.

Am i missing the point or is someone more likely to try and open your door when the cars stationary?

I think the idea is that as soon as you get in the car and drive off, it locks the doors. Most people don't bother locking them when they get in the car, so when they get to the traffic lights...its a GTA moment.

yea think so i believe its about £70 quid, its a protection thing, so u dont get mugged or u car stolen wen ur in slow moving traffic

£70.00?.....There is a button with an image of a key on it next to the electric window button........press that ,it will lock all the doors biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

the door locking thing is really good, once you drive off they lock, then when you take the key out to get out the car they unlock. sounds a bit pointless but its saved me once in the arosa. also you can still use the normal unlock and lock buttons on the door as usual.

its really easy for them to do cos my gilfriends arosa didnt come with it, she asked why they said they didnt know so they just programmed it in......so vw have said theyll sort this on the lupo for me too.

they said normally its £200 or £250 but I was pushing for freebies so thats summin theyll be including....also when you buy remember to be firm in haggling the asking price.....i went back 3 times to hassle them and eventually they dropped the price....especially now the loops on the way out you should be able to get a good deal.

i have supaguard on the arosa, i got them to do that for free.....would bother paying for it tho cos u still have to wax it to get a decent finnish anyway

I wanted the anti hijack locking and thought it would of been standard, my ex's arosa s had it fitted and also her central locking unlocked both doors on the first press of the fob where as my Gti takes 2??

(had some fool in a beemer ((yes strange that)) try and pull me out of my polo because I used the bmw lane on his dual carriageway, unlucky because id locked my doors on take off so he stood there like a fool at the traffic lites pulling my door handle!! Blew him a cheeky kiss and got the feck out of there!!) laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

if i was massive I wouldnt bother locking them!!

similar thing to me....had to go over massive speed bumps really slow, some dodgy little scouser behind in a focus started giving me sh*t - beeping, flashing and giving me **** signs, so i stick my fingers up.... he then tries to chase me down country lanes and i lose him until i get to some traffic lights where he comes flying alongside me, the passenger door is flung open before he even stops (hitting my door) and next thing i know is his passenger is some massive `meat-head` psycho pulling at my doorhandle......

...then i floored it straight through the red (could see nothing coming) and lost them. If he wasnt such a big m***er f***er id have got out cos I was well annoyed, but as it happened, he was.

Im gonna have to start logging on before i read posts, when i read this 1st time round there was only half the amount of posts there are now!!

Weiiiiird crap.

I know M1 lupo has done something on vag.com that makes his central locking beep when he locks/unlocks the car, I'll have to see what he says about the anti hijak.

although i always lock the door anyway, wolvo is full of oportunists!!

QUOTE(TANNER)

I know M1 lupo has done something on vag.com that makes his central locking beep when he locks/unlocks the car, I'll have to see what he says about the anti hijak.

Yeah, I was impressed with that, I've always thought the lupo could do with auto locking on the move. Would like to get that done.

got the dealer to do mine when i picked it up, locks above 7mph and then unlocks when you remove the ignition key, same as the one plip to only open the drivers door with two to open the other doors and boot. Can edit the settings with vag.com or dealer can do it too but might charge you £10 or so for their time if you don't wear a short enough skirt lol