Tyres lasted just over 5,000 miles :|

Running G60's with 165/50's Nankangs (i know are not the best but i am on a budget lol).

Put the coilovers with the new wheels and tyres, and didnt have the money to get the tracking/camber done, so i just drove it anway :rolleyes: lol! Tyres are completey bald now, just had new ones fitted today so i cannit really drive the car untill in go's in to get the tracking/camber sorted on Tuesday! ...hopefully then i will get more miles out my tyres haha beacuse they lasted just over 5,000 miles!! :(

...anyone scrubbed tyres off any quicker lol!?

Did a set of 165/50 Nankangs on my 8J Mono's in about 1000 miles, maybe less.

Not surprised the way you drive. :coffee:

:lol:

Edited by Matt A

i pirellis on the front of the ctr were slick on the inside after about 500 miles :(

it desperately needs the camber sorting out

They come out the factory crap, need front camber bolts, rear camber arms and a fast road set up to get everything spot on. Makes a massive difference to the handling. ;)

They come out the factory crap, need front camber bolts, rear camber arms and a fast road set up to get everything spot on. Makes a massive difference to the handling. ;)

i'm guessin you has yours sorted?

ours came lowered & i dont think its been done,

if you could pm any info, i think eibach do a kit :huh:

cheers simpo

Its cheaper to get your tracking and camber done than replace tyres but people never seem to get there tracking and camber done. As if it won't make a difference or something, lol.

Just freaking do it!

not in my case it isnt :huh:

but it will get done anyway :P

• 1 year later...

i had my yoko's on the old red lupo and got nearly 6,500 out of the fronts, and never changed the rears in about two and a half years. They still looked brand new when i traded it in, well except the outer wall was bad of scuffing the arch!!

Its cheaper to get your tracking and camber done than replace tyres but people never seem to get there tracking and camber done. As if it won't make a difference or something, lol.

Just freaking do it!

I did freaking do it! with VW Alan Day, booked in and 2 hours later after getting my gti back, she now pulls to the left and jiggles both ways on braking! Took it to local skoda dealership on advice from my sis and the main service guy says the bushes are all worn and would give innacurate wheel alignment readings! So much for VW quality of service.