Kara's GTI

Kara

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No probs on the lights Kara, glad they went to a good home ;)

Lupo's looking good, I'm sure you've got some more plans up your sleeve for it?

Hey kenzie.....there will always be something else to be done to it!! haha still wanting my white respray :P LOL

cheers for putting them up, love the mini. Im only 16 atm and my dad bought me a mini on my 15th bday, it had a flooded engine and a fair but of rust (which my dad could sort out as he owns a body shop) but all that happend waas i stripped it and then my dad was too busy so he rang me tonight and said he has sold, which i wasnt fust about as told him i wasnt going to finish it (it was going to be a lot of money and time) . So atm i am wanting to get a polo or lupo, but mainly a lupo (obviously) :D

anyways after my essay lol

cheers for posting the piccies and look forward to seeing more of your progress with the loop.

oh and i thinki it will look ace in whtie, but is the new colour of the moment going to be green? as mazda 2, focus rs :rolleyes:, and a fiat thing are advertised in green?

aaawww nightmare!!! i'd smack my old man if he ever even thought about that!! trust me a lupo/polo will be a hell of a lot less likely to fall apart...i should know! Best of luck when you finally get yours! :P

i LOVE the mazda green!!!! i'm so picky when it comes to colours!! its a huugggeeee decision!

aaawww nightmare!!! i'd smack my old man if he ever even thought about that!! trust me a lupo/polo will be a hell of a lot less likely to fall apart...i should know! Best of luck when you finally get yours! :P

i LOVE the mazda green!!!! i'm so picky when it comes to colours!! its a huugggeeee decision!

haha :D

im not relly to bothered as when thinkin about it i do want some luxuries in my first car though (like electric windows, a good heater and a/c...)

but when im older and earning serious money -hopefully- then i want a honda engine in a mini, theres a nice one on pistonheads at the moment :wub:

I remember seeing that for sale - IIRC they material is the same as they use on Astons (or was it Bentleys) and a similar style. Looks expensive, anyway!

You are correct my friend... :) and thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

BBS are finally on!!! was some amount of trouble trying to get them on the car on the friday before UD!! but theyre on....and im happy....heres a few pics borrowed from the E38 forum. hope you all like....

i've seen my future wheels! so BBS are only temporary till the end of the show season!! wish i could have both :o lol

10.jpg

IMG_1394.jpg

IMG_1392.jpg

cheers folks!!

dont worry...the whole "white" phase is well and truly out the window colin!! not sure what colour to go for now....i cant seem to find one i like!! haha

hey mikey!! the smoothing cost me 170 quid! yeah its a solenoid hooked upto the rear window spray. it was originally hooked upto the rear wiper but kept burning out the solenoid :o :o

thanks folks!! having to take the wheels off till i can get my arches rolled...BBOOOOO hopefully get this done this week coming :(

hi Kara,

just spent one hour trying to remember my password so i could send you this message.....

i've not been on here for ages, so i thought i'd have a look, and what is the 1st thing i look at but ..MY OLD CAR!!!

she's looking good.... better than when i sold her by far!!!!

i bought her in december 2001 sold her in may 2004 - had 3 good years!!!

hope you enjoy drivin her

claire

hi Kara,

just spent one hour trying to remember my password so i could send you this message.....

i've not been on here for ages, so i thought i'd have a look, and what is the 1st thing i look at but ..MY OLD CAR!!!

she's looking good.... better than when i sold her by far!!!!

i bought her in december 2001 sold her in may 2004 - had 3 good years!!!

hope you enjoy drivin her

claire

aaww wow!!! fancy that!!! :D i love it!!! Best investment ive ever made haha :D

hi kara

if you don't mind me asking what did you pay for her and how did she end up in scotland? (if that's where you are) did you buy her in scotland or did you travel down here??

she was like a boomberang for a while - i live in rhos on sea, north wales, i part ex'd her in chester in 2004 for i think £9k+ in the same vw dealership that i bought her from new for a new 04 plate blue gti that i still have, then a few weeks later a girl that lives less that 1/2 a mile from me bought her (should of sold private) then i saw her for sale in think in angelsey, then the last spotting till now was in tesco llandudno junction!!!

i'll see if i've any pics, i try to put them on here (i'm crap at things like this!!!)

when i sold her i think she hadn't done many miles, the wheels may have been slightly curbed but she was in good nic, my boyf is the car fanatic so her washed and waxed etc.... the only real 'damage' was caused by my dulux dog hugo, dog hair and a chewed rear seat belt which i hid when i took it in for part ex!!!!!

didn't have any mods either, though i like what you've done (like the wheels) i realy can't be arsed, hovering my car is a once a year job (though i have to do it today cos me and sis are gonig on road trip tomorrow and she allergic to dog hair!!!) Sacrilege i know, will probably get kicked off here now for cruelty to lupo!!!!

anway best get back to work, happy driving, claire

hey mikey!! the smoothing cost me 170 quid! yeah its a solenoid hooked upto the rear window spray. it was originally hooked upto the rear wiper but kept burning out the solenoid :o :o

thanks folks!! having to take the wheels off till i can get my arches rolled...BBOOOOO hopefully get this done this week coming :(

thats a ****ing awesome idea! :o love it! so stealthy.

hi kara

if you don't mind me asking what did you pay for her and how did she end up in scotland? (if that's where you are) did you buy her in scotland or did you travel down here??

she was like a boomberang for a while - i live in rhos on sea, north wales, i part ex'd her in chester in 2004 for i think £9k+ in the same vw dealership that i bought her from new for a new 04 plate blue gti that i still have, then a few weeks later a girl that lives less that 1/2 a mile from me bought her (should of sold private) then i saw her for sale in think in angelsey, then the last spotting till now was in tesco llandudno junction!!!

i'll see if i've any pics, i try to put them on here (i'm crap at things like this!!!)

when i sold her i think she hadn't done many miles, the wheels may have been slightly curbed but she was in good nic, my boyf is the car fanatic so her washed and waxed etc.... the only real 'damage' was caused by my dulux dog hugo, dog hair and a chewed rear seat belt which i hid when i took it in for part ex!!!!!

didn't have any mods either, though i like what you've done (like the wheels) i realy can't be arsed, hovering my car is a once a year job (though i have to do it today cos me and sis are gonig on road trip tomorrow and she allergic to dog hair!!!) Sacrilege i know, will probably get kicked off here now for cruelty to lupo!!!!

anway best get back to work, happy driving, claire

I paid £4600 just goes to show what a difference a few years and the credit crunch does to the price of a car eh!!! i bought it off a guy down south (can't remember where, was possibly runcorn) dont think he had it for long will have to check the V5!

i would LOVE to see pics!! aawww its good to know some of her history!! wheels are in good condition!! aye one wheel is curbed a bit!! (i didnt add to it!! i promise!)

the car has now done about 78000 (i think, again i'd have to go check!!) im always driving so it'll be a high mileage car by the time i move on to something else/another one!

seat belt seems to have been replaced! :D

thanks very much!! it hasnt let me down so far. she gets washed at least 3 times a week now!! :o :o the other half spent a silly amount of money on decent cleaning stuff. and i got him his DODO buckets for his bday so, she's well looked after in that department!! i really need to get another hobby!!! haha

Take it easy claire! and send me some pics!!!! :P