Alloy thieves!

CJlupo

Hey,

Basically im just wonderin how often people come back to their cars in carparks to find their car stood on bricks? i know quite a few people who its happened to, one of which had lockin wheelnuts. Dont fancy gettin mine nicked for the price you pay for them. So what can you do to prevent it? Other than changing wheels every time u go somewhere u will be away from your car longer than 30mins lol.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol unfortunatly this does happen. Theres plenty of money to be made from it and no proof they are stolen and there is almost no way they can get caught. My friend went out for a meal with his girlfriend and came back to his car stood on bricks and he had only bought them a week before. He actually broke down into tears because of the amount he had spent on them. They were 17" BBS RX's. It kind of puts me off spending much on rims which ruins it for me. He did have lock-in wheel nuts but somehow they still got them off. Maybe they had the same nuts therefore the same key? not sure how it works but its quite scarey lol im not really from what i consider to be a rough area (Doncaster).

Nah mate, its nothing as fancy as that to get locking nuts off, I'll not go into detail in case someone gets ideas that I either thief wheels or decides to use the information themselves... theres 2 ways to do it, a moderately low tech way and a very low tech way!

I'm sure if you think about it you can work out how though!!

I'm sure if you think about it you can work out how though!!

Yea. Must of been the moderatly low tech one then cos there wasnt any damage they were just... gone :o

But is there any way to prevent it or make it less likely? Not sure a snob would know though :P

Edited by CJlupo

Either way of removal will only damage the wheel at the very most... well the locking nut will be buggered but I mean they won't leave any damage to the car.

To my knowledge there isn't really any way around stopping them if they have the right tools!

Edited by treblet

I don't have locking wheel nuts, I come to the conclusion if they want something enough they will have it anyway. But if I had some more expensive wheels I would buy some, just to slow thieves down. :(