neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew car :D

Adam K

putney pranged his first one too so that's three from three for ex lupo gti drivers :D

did suggest a na vx220 next, £8k should get one and they are only group 16 insurance ;)

Edited by Crusoe

Sorry to read about the crash. Such a pisser.

I assume the rear wheel camber isnt supposed to be like that?

That's stance :rolleyes:

Adam's description of the incident...

was pissing with rain, went to switch lanes on a dualcarriageway and stuck my foot down to go past another car. my car started snaking so i went to correct it and it snapped back in the opposite direction, spun, then smashed into a kerb and the central reservation.

I crashed my Skoda Estelle virtually identically, but stoved the front in. Skid control should be in driving lessons and the driving test.

my mate rolled an s2k a few months ago came over a crest to a car on his side of the road in the wet and when moving over a little sharpish lost the back end into a ditch rolled it 4 or 5 times and then another car t-boned him they do seem a little harsh in the wet i think i need to feel this for myself when i can insure more than 1 car at a time in a few years

only real reason i haven't mentioned it is cos insurance settlement isn't all quite tied up yet, i've been having a long and very annoying argument with my insurance company over some deductions they feel they are entitled to make.

i'm actually quite looking forward to having the insurance money in my hands, although i'm actually going to pay off a large chunk of debt with the cash, hammer down the remaining debt over the next 6 months, and then buy something nearly new after that.

yeah it sucks, but i'm not really that upset, that's what insurance is for.

i suppose i was too complacent with the cars wet handling, and was too heavy footed with the throttle in the wet. no excuses, just lack of experience with this car, and rwd cars in particular. i wasn't actually going all that quick, but because the car hit the kerb sideways on it snapped the suspension arm, hence the angle of the wheel, plus there was obviously suspension, hub, brake, damage etc, so the cost of the repair came to around £5k, so the insurance company wrote it off as a cat C. it would be quite an economical repair for someone if they just get all the parts from a breaker. i recon it could be done for £2k.

i have a big old boring car to drive round in for the time being, so i'll save up a deposit and buy something of the bmw variety i expect, probably a z4 like crusoes.

i've been riding fast motorbikes for the past 10 years, and i've held my driving licence for around the same amount of time, so i wouldn't call myself an inexperienced driver, but the s2k really does seem a tricky car to drive in anything other than perfect conditions, they really do demand a lot of respect. apparently the newer ones are a little softer and less prone to snapping at you as easily.

the only regret i have is that i didn't get to see more of the good weather during my ownership, but i really did enjoy owning it, and i'll be tempted with another one day.

Edited by Adam K

putney pranged his first one too so that's three from three for ex lupo gti drivers :D

did suggest a na vx220 next, £8k should get one and they are only group 16 insurance ;)

Thanks mate!

Yep my fault too... Raining... Round About... Stamped on the breaks mid corner! Bye bye back end! Mine was repaired out of my own pocket! £1200

I have done a few suspension mods to my current one to get rid of some of that unwanted oversteer!

How is my Passat doing adam?

Thanks mate!

Yep my fault too... Raining... Round About... Stamped on the breaks mid corner! Bye bye back end! Mine was repaired out of my own pocket! £1200

I have done a few suspension mods to my current one to get rid of some of that unwanted oversteer!

How is my Passat doing adam?

it's fine, i actually quite enjoy owning a car that i don't care about leaving it in the supermarket to get it's doors pranged, or parking it in town in the evening wondering if it will be keyed or broken into.

i've now hoovered it out, would you like all the dog hair back?

6 months and counting till i'm debt free, then i can get into a load more debt on a nice shiny new car :D

Edited by Adam K

Thats what i liked about it too.... Good old bus.. Like I said be gentle with her and she will good for at least a year! Got the hardtop off the S now and its been down most days! Now we have a week of rain to look forward too...

Going back to the S2000 crashes on here! They are more than a handful for a 1st rear wheel drive car.... Biggest problem I think is the car feels really easy to drive fast then it breaks traction at 6000rpm... you get used to having your foot planted for a while as you are eager to get into vtec..... when the back end lets go it spins so quickly its almost impossible to catch.. Not spun my current one yet but then again I only drive it at 30-40mph anyway :lol:

The worst day i had in it was the 1 hour 30 min drive back across london in the snow... it was sideways most of the way as the back followed the camber of the road! scary wasn't the word!

I thought I was going to get rid of the S2k but decided to sink my upgrade money into a bike.... I have always said I would rather a nice car and a nice bike than owning a super car! I can't think of a better looking more enjoyable car to drive than the S2 for the money!