different lupo bra

gordonbrown

this gimp mask of a autobra is wikid been looking at it, when i get my front end sprayed i would be tempted to put one on.

i thought the whole point of having a "bra" was to protect the front end and the slimmer versions offer sod all.

You would need to get a special model made up with the headlam washer cut-outs.

I enquired when a groupbuy was being considered. They guy at autobra said they have a pattern to make the GTi one, as they done one for a guy in Holland.

I don't see them as a desirable fashion accessory for the Lupo (bit like a t-shirt for a dog) and would only put it on for long drives/road trips if I were to get one.

Style over substance I would say.

If you like the look of them, fair enough, put one on, I've got nothing against bras.

I like my car to look nice on the way to shows too, not just at shows, so I wouldn't put anything on that I think looks crap just for the sake of protecting it in some way. What's the point in making it look **** every day just so it looks a tiny bit better on the days you choose to take it off. Has anybody ever noticed stone chips on cars at a show before? I know I haven't.

Has anybody ever noticed stone chips on cars at a show before? I know I haven't.

I have. It makes the real cars stand out from the ones that just show up for shows.

That's what impresses me about the standard of "showing" Lupo's, they're all daily drivers. Not just pulled out for shows.

Bluloop, Stephano, Linz, Ryan, Foxy (to name a few): fantastic standard of cars and some real milage driven to get to E38 and win awards.

• 2 weeks later...

As for not seeing stone chips on cars at shows if you had looked at mine at ultimte dubs last year it had two crackers on the front bumper from the drive down - had to get front end resprayed again - hence my usage of blue tape now

That's what impresses me about the standard of "showing" Lupo's, they're all daily drivers. Not just pulled out for shows.

Bluloop, Stephano, Linz, Ryan, Foxy (to name a few): fantastic standard of cars and some real milage driven to get to E38 and win awards.

:blush: You wouldn't think it's won prizes looking at the nick of it sitting outside just now!!!

My 2p worth ... I don't mind the look of the bras, wouldn't have one, but each to their own. If its for looks fair enough, but as for protection, I have spoken to a few people who have ended up with scratches due to either there being something on the inside of the bra, or the car not being completely clean when put on.

I got a stone chip within 5 mins of leaving my house on the first day out with the Lupo after it was out of the paintshop. Incidently it was on the way to a show, but it was 5 mins from my door on a road I drive every day to work! I bought my car to drive it, and enjoy it. Yes I obviously take pride in it and want to keep it looking mint, but $h1t happens!

ive never understood the whole bonnet bra thing meself. ive seen paint lifting on cars due to traped water seepin in to previous chip. personally im not a fan, some people like the look of them but i just cant see the practicallity of them.

why spend money on paint work on your car thats used then winje about a small chip in the paint. i get people coming to me on a regular basis wantin front end resprays because of a few chips only to come back again in a few weeks time for exactly the same reason.

christ, id only done 20 mile after painting the loop before e38 and there was a chip in the front bumper, did i cry, did i f**k!

and as for taping up the front of a car :huh:

why do front end styling on a car you use daily and not show it off while on the road.

seriously for 100 quid i wouldnt will **** ur paint work if u dont clean underneath like once a week lol

It will only do that if, as you say you keep it on a dirty car. You'll end up with condensation under it and if it gets too much dirt behind it, when you take it off it'll scratch the hell out of the paint.

I have nothing against these but I think they should be used when necessary, the full mask isn't a fashion accessory like some treat the bonnet bras. Great for long, motorway journeys but wouldn't bother on day to day driving.

I have a bonnet bra and even that only goes on for longer journeys. I don't leave it on for my usual 4 mile daily commute. :P