gilybobs loop

gilybob

It looks great Paul, you will have to bring your buffer round my place and give it a go on my car!

ive banned myself from the buffer.. ive left a dirty great big burn line across my bonnet which can only be seen in the light which is a bad and good thing at the same time lol...

still want me to come around lol... tip of the day dont buy a halfords special deal buffer .. k thanks :(

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks very smart matey!

your not too far from me so im sure ill catch you at some local VW meets, well once Luke organises some ;) oj

Rich,

Yea yea I'm on it Rich :P

Maby not bring the buffer round then mate lol

looks very smart matey!

your not too far from me so im sure ill catch you at some local VW meets, well once Luke organises some ;) oj

Rich,

think i saw u at the last meet lol.. have you got subs as back seats lol.. ?

Booked in monday for front bumper to be done smoothed number plate recess and the side holes filled in and lower bumper bit smoothed and joined up so will look like complete unit .. also the rear quartre near fuel cap needs sum attention all bubbled etc...prob rust from modification...

£350 all in and sprayed bargin .... so will post pics up when done next week sweeeeet.

Edited by gilybob

Booked in monday for front bumper to be done smoothed number plate recess and the side holes filled in and lower bumper bit smoothed and joined up so will look like complete unit .. also the rear quartre near fuel cap needs sum attention all bubbled etc...prob rust from modification...

£350 all in and sprayed bargin .... so will post pics up when done next week sweeeeet.

:D I've found my guinea pig, I'm 50/50 to get this done as my front bumper has hit by a van so thinking about paying extra for the bumper to be smoothed

Look forward to the update

:D I've found my guinea pig, I'm 50/50 to get this done as my front bumper has hit by a van so thinking about paying extra for the bumper to be smoothed

Look forward to the update

do it buddy it will be well worth it..

mine will look summit like this

loopmod.jpg

i likes ...

I can go one better than that photoshop and show you that bumper on your car!! :lol:

clifford.jpg

DSC00131.jpg

Definitely looks better with the bonnet and this bumper combo, looking forward to seeing it back like this at a few shows this year. Nice job on the wheels too! B)

I can go one better than that photoshop and show you that bumper on your car!! :lol:

clifford.jpg

DSC00131.jpg

Definitely looks better with the bonnet and this bumper combo, looking forward to seeing it back like this at a few shows this year. Nice job on the wheels too! B)

EXCELLENT WHERE YOU DIG THOSE UP FROM LOL.. IT LOOKS MINT DEFO WANT IT DONE NOW ... THE PROB IVE GOT IS THE FRONT GRILL LOOKS PAP.. JUST SUM HONEYCOMB WITH CABLE TIES AND NO EDGINGREALLY LETS THE CAR DOWN ANY SUGGESTIONS PEOPLE ARE RELUCTANT TO GIVE THERE SECRETS AWAY ....MAY HAVE TO FABRICATE A ORIGINAL ONE TO TAKE OUT THE BADGE ETC...MORE EXPENSE

I must've saved them years ago! Might have some more on my hard drive, i'll have a look.

Linz said the manhours that went in to the debadged GTI grill on her car were immense and that the bloke who did it wouldn't ever do another so i can't imagine it was a very fun job! It looks factory on her car though.

I must've saved them years ago! Might have some more on my hard drive, i'll have a look.

Linz said the manhours that went in to the debadged GTI grill on her car were immense and that the bloke who did it wouldn't ever do another so i can't imagine it was a very fun job! It looks factory on her car though.

yea she said when i asked... i think im guna ask my bodyshop guys monday if they can fettle plastic ,,

filing that i dont know.. the one in my pic looks like it hasnt got any honeycomb at all.. and all smoothed i kinda like that but i think in reality itd look ****e...

sum 1 ask me how stoked i am right now !!

02042009282.jpg

02042009283.jpg

02042009284.jpg

02042009285.jpg

02042009286.jpg

02042009287.jpg

02042009288.jpg

02042009289.jpg

full chrome powder coat and polish curtesy of mike the polisher matt black centre and all 120 bolts powder coated matt black to match .. will be getting the roof done matt black soonish lets see how the front bumper goes on monday 1st ...

pics dont really do them any justice whatsoever.. but they r shinnnny yay.. v stoked was worth the 4 week wait !! i gotta PUT THEM 2GEVA NOW THEN MAYBE PUT THEM ON THE CAR LOL.. I DONT WANNA RUIN THEM THO !! sorry caps locked on again.. cant wait to show them off tho.. i have officaily been pimped lol..

Edited by gilybob

Nice work, you'll have fun bolting the RS's back together, 120 bolts is enough to drive anyone mad! :)

i know cant wait lol... what sealent did you use when you done yrs .. any tips for when i put them back 2geva... was it easy to put the centres back in the rear baskets ??? cos it was a mission getting them, out lol..

at least you have some wheel rebuilding to fill your time.

yeah not looking fwd to that .. got a sore back from undoing them lol... shld be easier to do them up tho just worried about sealing them properly.. pristine said theyd charge me 70 a wheel those guys make me laugh .. i went to them for a refurb on my wheels and wamted a 1000 pound .. it cost me less than half than that already !!! idiots !!

Just trial fit all the parts of your wheels first and clean up any excess powdercoat before hitting them with sealant to make

sure they fit together ok.

Then run a small bead of sealant (I used clear building stuff) around the little groove in the back of center star then do the same for

the front and sandwich them all together, torque all the bolts up in a star pattern then run a bead round the gap where all 3 parts meet.

Let that dry for a day before adding another.

I used just under a full tube of silicone so you don't need that much really. :)

If you have any questions just drop us a PM.

Just trial fit all the parts of your wheels first and clean up any excess powdercoat before hitting them with sealant to make

sure they fit together ok.

Then run a small bead of sealant (I used clear building stuff) around the little groove in the back of center star then do the same for

the front and sandwich them all together, torque all the bolts up in a star pattern then run a bead round the gap where all 3 parts meet.

Let that dry for a day before adding another.

I used just under a full tube of silicone so you don't need that much really. :)

If you have any questions just drop us a PM.

cheers dude