Calling all 1.0 and 1.4 petrol engine Lupo Owners!!!

AwesomeAl

Newbie to forum!

I think it would be hilarious to add more power to my 1.0 Lupo... I think the suspension will need a little playing with after though... Where are you based?

PS - What's this panel filter? Is it expensive? How will insurance react to this modding?

Hi Chris,

We are based in Manchester, We would be happy to remap your 1.0 Lupo for £100 + VAT. (Development special price) You wouldn't see an awful lot of gain in power, Only 2 or 3bhp and 5 or 6lb/ft .

However this would need to be done on a Week day. The air filters are about £40 ish for the 1.0. We would need to know if its a round filter or a Pair of flat filters. To be fair your insurance probably wouldn't be too worried about a remap on a 1.0 with it not giving massive power gains however you would need to enquire with them to find out what their policy would be on this.

I would willingly let you use mine, if it wasn't in bits in a garage in W-S-M :(

Get it fixed Pronto :coffee:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how much would a remap be on a lupo 1.4 75 bhp. its all ready fitted with a CDA a full stainless steel exhaust and its de catted, cheers.

Hi David.

These remaps have now been fully developed. We can do them for £199 + VAT. They are made by using a base map and then tweaked from that to suit your modifications

Should get some reasonable power increases with those modifications ! :)

so if i get car up to your guys for 8.30 it would be done in the same day sounds good to me :). whens they a free slot?

At the moment we are fully booked all this week and all next week, So you would be looking at 10th November onwards.

Hope that helps :)

Cheers, Al.

Cheers Andi mate.

Had a PM from Faithless last night also saying that he's getting between 40 and 50 miles extra from a full tank of fuel when he's driving it sensibly!

Thats quite a respectable improvement on the fuel side!

My car will definatly be coming up to you once it's back with me :)

So it will be 199+VAT once you've developed them fully?

My car will definatly be coming up to you once it's back with me :)

So it will be 199+VAT once you've developed them fully?

Thats right mate :)

So when is the development starting for the GTI's Al? I take it that it they will be nearly twice the price as the other models are for remaps?

Hi Adam, I've sent you a PM regarding pricing for the maps on the GTI's.

Basically - We have no need to develop them, as the ones we've come accross so far share the Same ECU Numbers and Box Codes as the Polo 1.6 16v GTI's that we've mapped before.

Edited by AwesomeAl

We've done one Chris, But we need another one!

Here's the results of the first one:

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?s=&...st&p=585579

He's also mentioned that he's getting better fuel returns also ! with upto 40 miles extra from a full tank of fuel.

As you can see we got some pretty good power gains from the car also.

Its much better to map a car which has had some exhaust / intake mods as it gives us something to map to :)

Give us a buzz if you'd like yours doing mate!

What were the results for the other 75hp one Al?? Was the other standard?

The other 75bhp one managed 83bhp peak, but there were numerous problems with its downpipe leaking meaning we weren't able to finish the map 100%

How are you getting along with yours mate?

Not bad really with just the filter. I think Talika's did the same with a filter and manifold.

I'd have taken you up on it but can't really do without the car during the week. :(

Nuts, It's a bit of a shame there's no other way around it.

I'd like to get Talika's car mapped up and see what it kicks out! Jeff (the guy who does our maps) rekons he could get some real nice Curves mapping a car with a CAI and a 4-branch!

How are you getting along with yours mate?

Its great, haven't done too many miles on it yet, just a couple of boring motorway runs, but the little running about I have done its been great, just seems to be always in the power.

Filled up at 89.9p ( :shades: ) a litre today, so well see how it goes!

Its great, haven't done too many miles on it yet, just a couple of boring motorway runs, but the little running about I have done its been great, just seems to be always in the power.

Filled up at 89.9p ( :shades: ) a litre today, so well see how it goes!

Fantastic! I'm glad all is going well. I must say when I took yours on a road test I was quite suprised by how smooth the power delivery was!

The only criticism I would have on your car is that it might need discs and pads soon ! The brakes felt a little weak.

Still - Can't beat Lupos :) Great cars they are!

Brakes have always been poor, depsite pads, disks, bleeds and rebleeds!

Need some sport/GTI hubs I think!

Its a good plan mate!

Not sure how much these go for these days, But it might be worth getting a pair of new Wheel-Bearings when you get round to doing the hubs.

Are you still looking for donor cars? If so im up for it. 1.4 16v Sport. BMC CDI w/cold air feed. is the only engine mod.

I would have read the whole thread but at 8 pages my goldfish like attension would have been stretched to the max! lol

Are you still looking for donor cars? If so I'm up for it. 1.4 16v Sport. BMC CDA w/cold air feed. is the only engine mod.

I would have read the whole thread but at 8 pages my goldfish like attention would have been stretched to the max! lol

As long as everything is all in good condition on the car, then yeah no problem!

Give me a ring tomorrow on 0161 776 0777, Option 1 and Ask for Al.

We'll get you booked in!

• 2 weeks later...