Abit of legal adive please?

2001gti

Right long sotry short ish, my mum n dads next door neighbours have quite abig side garden which overlooks our driveway (its a corner house) and the kids play in the garden and very often the ball goes over our fence and hits the cars my polo is in there my dads audi a4 is in there and his kangoo van, anyway the cars have been scratched before by the balls so now my dads decided that wen a ball hits the car he keeps it! simple as.

3yrs ago they agreed to have a fence errected (they didnt pay a penny towards it) but the thing is it sort of had to go sligtly over onto there land which they had no objections to because they got a free fence, and now because my dads decided to keep the balls next door has tried pullin the fence up. so after abit of a row etc. . . my dads bolton the fence down :lol:

they are now gunna take legal action. how do u think this will go?

cheers.

Chris

Right long sotry short ish, my mum n dads next door neighbours have quite abig side garden which overlooks our driveway (its a corner house) and the kids play in the garden and very often the ball goes over our fence and hits the cars my polo is in there my dads audi a4 is in there and his kangoo van, anyway the cars have been scratched before by the balls so now my dads decided that wen a ball hits the car he keeps it! simple as.

3yrs ago they agreed to have a fence errected (they didnt pay a penny towards it) but the thing is it sort of had to go sligtly over onto there land which they had no objections to because they got a free fence, and now because my dads decided to keep the balls next door has tried pullin the fence up. so after abit of a row etc. . . my dads bolton the fence down :lol:

they are now gunna take legal action. how do u think this will go?

cheers.

Chris

I would go to Citizen's Advice or talk to the family lawyer. No legal advisors on here, so all you are likley to get is "lead up the proverbial garden path"!

Just watch you don't trip on any wayward balls!

I have a nice selection of Nike footballs in my garage from the kids in the street, all they have to do is come and ask for them, but they must be too scared. It saves me buying a new football every couple of months though so i'm not too fussed.

I'm not sure about the legal advice, but did they agree with your parents for the fence to be put up in the first place? If they did i'm pretty sure they can't just go and pull it down.

if the fence is within their boundary then it's theirs to take down. If it's your property then they might have some obligation to give it back to you but they can definitly remove it.

the thing is, why should my dad buy a really nice a4 for it to be hit by balls at least a few times a day? they have cum round n asked for the balls back but if we gave em back then they will just carry on and we r back to square one.

yes it is on there property but they agreed to have it put up as they didnt have one in the first place.

Edited by 2001gti

the fence, nothing you can do really unless you erect one on your property, as its legally theirs since its on their property,

but feck it the balls are costing money for damage and constantly pissing you off coming on your property, pop em and boot em back over :)

Edited by Daz_Kez

similar thing happens with my house.

a load of little kids alwayssss kick balls throw stone/bricks etc at the wall surrounding the garden.

if the ball comes over we keep it

i go and ask them not to kick it against the house wall, if they dont listen after 3 times i take the ball off them

their parents do absolutley nothing about it, even though they must have heard me shouting.

ive even found a few of them sitting in the bush outside my 2nd floor bedroom window (which is level with the windowledge) and peering through it.

i can see how annoyed you must get, i get fuming just from them kicking balls against the house, if it was hitting my car i would go mental.

if the fence is on their property legally its theirs. but if you can prove they've damaged your cars and can show it (cctv??) then you might be able to do something.

but then again when a brick was thrown through my living room window the polices response was 'theyre kids'... what do you expect kind of thing.

Are the neighbours aware that the ball is damaging your cars?

thanx for the replys guys!

well my dads a6 he got rid of a few months ago got scratched my fiat cinq had a big ball scratch on the bonnet. and it keeps hittin my dads new a4! now hes not gunna sit back and let it happen after spendin alot of well earned cash on it!

but no we dont have cctv or photo evidance :(

thanx for the replys guys!

well my dads a6 he got rid of a few months ago got scratched my fiat cinq had a big ball scratch on the bonnet. and it keeps hittin my dads new a4! now hes not gunna sit back and let it happen after spendin alot of well earned cash on it!

but no we dont have cctv or photo evidance :(

in the short term get some car covers

can chat to my mum at martins solicitors... if you want?

01590 623252....

she can help you and give you advice. :)

Cheers ian i really appreciate that mate , if it gets any worse ill probs give her a bell.

Cheers again m8

just ask for sue martin.. tell her you know her son ian... and wanted a chat... i can tell her you are going to call if you give me the heads up 1st....

If fence overhangs there garden then the law sates they can tear it down as long as they put it back on your land. You can cut other peoples brakes off that hang into your garden as long as you throw them back the branches