slow 1L

laura_lupo

yeah thats awful! why is that? i get around 50 out of my 1L!

Thats pretty good going!

Group hug for cardaft, if it makes you feel better that only if ive been driving sensibly :)

Haha cheers, i think a sport would be cheaper to run than mine atm, given the cheaper price for petrol! Oh, but i dont always drive sensibly ;)

I know the thermostat isnt working right, and i think something else is amiss too, so im just waiting to get it booked into the garage.

I usualy see 32ish where ever or how ever i drive. With super super eco driving i have seen 39 but its not really that safe. I think i need a re-map because of my exhaust. The standard also has that thing in the back box that regulates the back pressure. The sport is useless for FE the power is in the wrong place

get low, you wont want to go fast!

lol im thinking about it, been saving for a while but just got a nice toasty tax rebate so im quite feeling for some coilovers.

once ive reached about 60 its fine, its just getting there that takes the time.

its okay when i err make the most out of the gears but when im trying to drive sensibly its more just chugging along.

taking the back seats out seems very appealing, just need to get rid of all the crap thats in my boot first.

mikeys gti shows such a difference with the interior out.

thankyou for all your help, definaltey something i need to look into more, as a lot of it i didnt understand, was just hoping there was an easy fix :)

also 50mpg?!?! i get nowhere near that. used 3/4 of a tank in about 110miles the past few days!

also 50mpg?!?! i get nowhere near that. used 3/4 of a tank in about 110miles the past few days!

Errrr, even a GTi doesnt drink that much!

My 1.0 gets about 40MPG around town, and about 45MPG out of it.

It usually averages about 280-290 miles from a full tank, with all town driving.

There must be something wrong with yours! Unless you drive everywhere with your foot welded to the floor?

If its using more fuel than it should, chances are its not running as well as it could, so it wont perform right either.

When was the last time it had a full service? (oil & filter, air filter, fuel filte,r new spark plugs etc) ??

Cardaft does better than me with getting 280-290 miles to a tank - I have to go into economy mode to get that, a tank of normal driving will see 250-270 :)

You'll use more if you do lots of stop-start town driving, and also if you really rev the engine all the time - try accepting it won't be fast and ease off the go pedal, learn some economic driving styles like being as smooth as you can and going into the highest gear you can without the engine struggling. Also stick to about 60mph on motorways and you'll get a few more miles.

Cardaft does better than me with getting 280-290 miles to a tank - I have to go into economy mode to get that, a tank of normal driving will see 250-270 :)

You'll use more if you do lots of stop-start town driving, and also if you really rev the engine all the time - try accepting it won't be fast and ease off the go pedal, learn some economic driving styles like being as smooth as you can and going into the highest gear you can without the engine struggling. Also stick to about 60mph on motorways and you'll get a few more miles.

Hmm, maybe its not that much then!

I cant remember actually, its a long time since ive drievn it :lol: My mum uses it now, but its currently on 150 miles on half a tank, so it will be about 250-60 ish by the time the light comes on.

Sticking to 60 really improves MPG in a 1.0, at 70 i think thats the worst speed, thats when you can hear the engine the most, 60 is fine and at 80 you can hear the engien much less, but obviously its using more fuel.

Its much easier to improve economy on a 1.0 petrol than it is on a 1.4TDi, but then they are obviously lighter on fuel anyway. A 1.0 can be great on fuel, you just need to be careful with it and it will sip away!

HAHA i manage to get 330miles per tank, an i live in the hills in Wales. thats foot down in 4th most of the way home, with a good 15mins of doin 95mph on the motorway.

I do use the SPECIAL button thing, an the petrol light comes on but still gets meggggga mpg, qan it's done 95000miles ha