My Sport on a Rolling Road

Alex_225

Went to a rolling road day with a local car club. Well pleased with the result, it only just cleared the ramp but looked wicked once it was on! lol

Has got a Powerflow cat back system, Raceland Manifold and BMC Induction kit. You'll see the bottom pic to see the outcome, was rather pleased. Put it this way, one guys 3.0 Supra (non-turbo) had a worse power to weight ration than this, which was also the second smallest engine on the rolling road but far from the least powerful!! Well happy. :D:D

LupoRR1.jpg

LupoRR2.jpg

LupoRRResult.jpg

Thanks mate, glad you like it hehe!

I'm guessing its the manifold that makes all the difference to it as the exhaust sounds nice and probably just frees up the revs and the induction kit just makes more noise than power I should imagine.

Impressive to think that its an n/a 1.4 running nearly the same as something like a Renault 5 GTT etc.

Thats awesome! I'm really curious what my sport has, its only got a BMC on it but I just feel that it pulls very well, esp compared to some other cars with the "same" or slightly more power, I'm convinced its a bit more over 100 bhp. In fact its actually 98bhp they're supposed to have standard isnt it?

yeah I heard they were 100ps so a little under 100bhp, but then someone else said they were 102bhp! Who knows! lol

they wont all be exaclty the same....

but they will have a tolerance from the factory probably of between 98 and 102 bhp :)

Think it can be affected by how its run in, fuel etc.

One guy ran his Focus ST with just a de-cat exhaust system and put a full tank of V-Power in it and it pulled 253bhp on the rollers!! That cars done nearly 20k so is well run in and gets driven fairly hard.

Most impressive car there was probably the Audi RS6(?) which pulled just shy of 450bhp! lol

Think it can be affected by how its run in, fuel etc.

One guy ran his Focus ST with just a de-cat exhaust system and put a full tank of V-Power in it and it pulled 253bhp on the rollers!! That cars done nearly 20k so is well run in and gets driven fairly hard.

Most impressive car there was probably the Audi RS6(?) which pulled just shy of 450bhp! lol

Apparantly the Focus STs have a variation of around 20 bhp from when they left the factory! My bfs gonna get his RRd before he does any mods, but he really needs to start running it on V Power imo, not cheap Asda crap!

This was the first tank of V-Power he'd ever put in it. To be honest this guy isn't one for really looking after his ST anyway, mod it but don't keep it tidy if that makes sense.

Not a bad little result on that car though, 20bhp is some varation. I know the Megane 225s were similar in that they're not all consistently 225bhp, a lot of them were slightly over, yet some of the newer R26 versions were under.

Yeah not really far off.

I'm quite intrigued by what the 0-60 time would be on it to be honest. I have a feeling that off the line it would certainly surprise a few cars that are pushing more power.

Funny thing is with this car, is that I was in a convoy and once off the motorway, I was closing the gaps on the bigger motors purely down to the fact that it corners so well on the coilies!! lol

Nice result that like!!! They obviously respond well to a manifold and filter! I had mine RR'd a year or so ago, still standard but got 103 so i was pleased enough with that. I'm definitely considering a manifold now. Did you notice much of a defference in torque and was fitting it the same sort of ballache as with the gti's?

I was lucky enough to buy it with the manifold already fitted.

By all accounts it was a pain in the ar$e to find someone who could get the manifold fitted though.

As for fuel economy, its extremely good. I couldn't tell you what it was like before the manifold was on, but considering that day to day driving doesn't need to go above 3,000rpm round town. Which means I get extremely good mpg on average. Less so on the motorway as the gearing isn't ideal, even if you sit at under 65mph.

Still compare the Lupo mpg to the 24mpg the Megane would get and it'd have some way to go to be as inefficient as that!! lol