Slipknot

Alex_225

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's crap music IMO, just alot of noise mashed together and shouting with crap lyrics.

theres a reason why most of the people who like it are 12-13

Right who let their nan use their profile???? :D

Killswitch Engage are definitely an extremely good band, I just don't find they flick my switch so to speak. Excuse the pun! lol

I do love how proper metal has made a come back though and there are some great metal bands coming out and making a return. I loved the last Trivium album and Lamb of Gods last couple of albums have been stunningly good.

Also not sure if anyone like System of a Down but their singer Serj Tankian did a solo album which is wicked and the guitarist/drummer are playing in Scars on Broadway whose album is also wicked.

Right who let their nan use their profile???? :D

:lol: :lol:

Also not sure if anyone like System of a Down but their singer Serj Tankian did a solo album which is wicked and the guitarist/drummer are playing in Scars on Broadway whose album is also wicked.

i hate SOAD!!!! HATE THEM SO MUCH! its his voice! it just grinds me!

I personally hate slipknot and all screamo music like that

slipknot are very tame and melodic compared to screamo

take a listen to some proper screamo and then you can see what crap noise and screaming really sounds like lol

Youtube Video ->

Original Video

not a fan of the new slipknot track, just sounds like they started off by trying to modernise pantera, but got bored halfway through.

what ever that song about sticking your fingers in your eyes is, that was catchy

The acoustic version of vermillion was cool as well as my plague the rest is detritus tbh

I seem to have earthed a club lupo KSE fan club... hehe, melikey.

I like both the frontmen, SOAD are one of my faves, i D/L serj's album last night, it's next to listen to in my playlist. also have another by him and another blokey, a collaboration called Serart. It's different.

Shadows Fall are wicked too, might have a look over to the my spaz site when i get home (not 'allowed' here)

i do like slipknot and their live shows are pretty damm good. for me their debut album on roadrunner records is one of the best metal albums of all time. everything after that is mediocre

i wouldnt go as far and say they are an 'extreme' metal band. just a decent commercial rock band.

its all about the death metal and piggy squeels for me :)

plus KSE's 1st album with jesse on vocals is sooo good. that Howard bloke sucks!

i wouldnt go as far and say they are an 'extreme' metal band. just a decent commercial rock band.

exactly its just alternative rock

its all about the death metal and piggy squeels for me :)

ahmen brother!

Maggot Stuffed C..un.... M.S.C. anyone lol

Youtube Video ->

Edited by Jowey

What the hell is a 'screamo' band???? Is that some term I haven't heard of, what bands are considered 'screamo'. It sounds a bit too bloody close to emo for my liking, just another way of boxing in a particular sound.

I'd say although Slipknot are 'commercial' they are heavy as f*ck and probably the most popular extreme band. They relate closer to death metal with their blast beat drumming and riffs than they do to 'pop music'.

Jowey - How you mean it sounds like they're modernising Pantera. I am a massive Pantera fan but I don't really feel the similarity at all! lol

I do love how proper metal has made a come back though and there are some great metal bands coming out and making a return.

As 'popular' music scenes and trends have changed in the post-Beatle era, Metal (i.e. heavy rock) is the only one to remain a constant. All others have come and gone. Sure, some exist as a development from another genre (Green Day are punk apparently), but Metal persists ad infinitum.

It will be the music of the Proms in 2-300 years time! Can you imagine Sir Tarquin Rogerstein conducts the London Chamber Orchestra at the Royal Albert Hall as they perform Anthrax's mosh concerto number 3, "Among The Living".

Edited by IDGM

Jowey - How you mean it sounds like they're modernising Pantera. I am a massive Pantera fan but I don't really feel the similarity at all! lol

chug ch-chug chug WAHHH chug ch chug chug WAHH-HH chug ch-chug chug chug *INSERT SCALE HERE* isn't that essentially pantera ?

as much as i love blast beats and such pig squeal vocals dont do anythin for me i prefer a deep inhale growl, but thats just me

and KSE are 1 of my fave bands,

theyre cover of holy diver is just absaloutely ****in awesome

we really shud have some sort of clup loop metal compilation album thing ha thatd be a gud laff

chug ch-chug chug WAHHH chug ch chug chug WAHH-HH chug ch-chug chug chug *INSERT SCALE HERE* isn't that essentially pantera ?

Thye 'waaahh-hh' you refer to is a pinched harmonic which is a right f*cker to try and play!! I guess Slipknot have incorporated it into a few of their songs, so has Zakk Wylde in Black Label society as well as Lamb of God in a couple of theirs too.

That far from sums up Pantera though, one of the greatest metal bands of all time! :D

IDGM - You're 100% right, metal is a constant and although you get certain trends such as the whole 'rap metal' thing and 'emo' it remains a constant. I just remember that back in 98-2003 it was really lacking in good metal bands. I still kept my eyes peeled for proper metal bands, hence why some of the bigger more popular black metal bands appeal so much.

Never really listened to them before, but giving their first album a bit of a listen now.

Can really hear the Mr Bungle influences, and obviously there's the similarity in the masks too...

Slipknot - Only One

Mr Bungle - Quote Unquote

Bungle are better. :D

this thread prompted me to chuck 'the end of heartache' and 'as daylight dies' in my car again, good times!!!

only a slight change of direction, but check these guys out...

http://www.myspace.com/awilhelmscream

http://www.awilhelmscream.com/

one of my favouritest bands ever, and possibly the best and most energetic band i've seen live.

oh, and the first band i ever saw live, and still a favourite :)

http://www.myspace.com/hopecon

Not really a true metal band in my eyes, more a commercial rock band and most of their music is dung. Their self titled album wasnt a bad listen but after that is all downhill. Seen their new vid on scuzz or something and wasnt a bad tune at all though.