:(

electricpanda

So today I finally realised due to work reasons/maybe going back to college. I cant get my gti :( I'm well gutted :(

I'm thinking about selling out and getting a c2 vts or corsa 1.8 sri but i wont be happy, I think i'd be happier with a 16v Sport. Are they still as fun to drive?? Nippy?? If anyone has a good one for sale please click my sig link and help me.. Thanks guys :( I dont wanna sell out the club! I have my stickers ready and everything! Suppose lifes full of surprises ey..

Wont a C2 VTS and a corsa 1.8 be just as expensive to buy and run though? :wacko:

Get a Lupo TDi, problems solved! £30/35 a year road tax and 60MPG is not to be sniffed at!

Running cost isn't the main problem, it's buying and insuring the car. C2 is cheap to buy, the corsa not so but the 1.4 sport suits me economically and insurance wise is very cheap.

Edited by electricpanda

I've a 1.4 sport, i find it nippy enough for scooting around, had a number of people comment on how quickly it shifts too. It suffers a bit on motorway/distance runs - not as comfortable as my pug nor as easy to keep at speed. I find it doesn't really move till you get it over 3k rpm, then it picks up and goes like the proverbial train.

Road tax is currently 140 quid, insurance, for me, a tad under 300.

I've a 1.4 sport, i find it nippy enough for scooting around, had a number of people comment on how quickly it shifts too. It suffers a bit on motorway/distance runs - not as comfortable as my pug nor as easy to keep at speed. I find it doesn't really move till you get it over 3k rpm, then it picks up and goes like the proverbial train.

Road tax is currently 140 quid, insurance, for me, a tad under 300.

Sounds good to me :)

Sports are good fun. I find mine comfortable on motorways. People are always surprised how nice it is on motorways for such a small car on coilovers!

Just read all 28 pages of your readers ride thread haha it looks stunning at the moment :blush:

Ive had both a Sport and a GTI, nothing wrong with the performance tbh.

Indeed, just i find the 2litre HDi a better engine for long (2 hr plus) motorway hauls

i love my sport its awesome! i thinks its really comfy on long motorway trips. n it does shift for a 1.4 ive beaten many a bigger engine car of at the lights, i even managed to keep up with my brother in his 328 bmw which was rolling roaded at 209 bhp. great fun to drive!

Sports have never had a problem keeping up with GTI's on our little run-outs...

Sssh... you have just devalued my car.

They keep up because we wait for them. :coffee:

Sports have never had a problem keeping up with GTI's on our little run-outs...

Jings, can you just imagine what would happen if we put Helen in a GTi??