What is my Lupo worth?

Pepsi

Just out of interest, what would you lot value my Lupo at:....

2002 52 reg Lupo GTi (registered 31/12/2002)

Coming up to 48k miles, full VWSH at the same dealer from new, loads spent (including cambelts etc)

Full leather with heated from seats

Aircon

Upgrade stereo (original VW upgrade)

Anthracite grey

Spotless wheels and 1k mile old Michellin Pilot Exalto 2's

A few stone chips on the bonnet and front bumper.

Small bit of laquer peel on lower front bumper and a vertical scuff on the rear bumper.

NO parking dents at all.

Weitec Hicon GT coilovers, 2 months old (set up by Midland VW)

Short aerial

Just had 2 new exhaust tips welded on to replace the old corroded ones.

Any ideas on what it would be worth on the open market?

Thanks!

A quick pic:

CIMG0452.jpg

Edited by Pepsi

Are you still fecking about with this. Will he wont he, will he wont he, will he wont he.

6k tops

Are you still fecking about with this. Will he wont he, will he wont he, will he wont he.

6k tops

Gives you something to moan about I suppose!

Can't make my mind up either way, probably annoying me more than you though!

It's worth more than that all day, was offered a lot more than that when it was previously up for sale too but I declined the offers.

So ask for it what you think its worth. Im just sick of seeing these cars advertised for an obscene about of money because they are 'rare'. They arent that rare and they arent worth that much. What makes you think its worth a lot more than £6000? Please tell.

It's worth more than that all day, was offered a lot more than that when it was previously up for sale too but I declined the offers.

yes as foxy says i think youve had enough "promotion" , "for sale", "feelers", and "what should i do posts" , the following may sound harsh but im going to say it anyway, you are on clubupo.co.uk many people have had there cars for many years, spent money on servicing , repairs , and although you get some with the "i drive my lupo like a gti should be driven" i think overall many are cared for by their owners as they intend to keep hold off them for more than 2 months, thats not to say during your ownership that you havent cared for it , i dont know you or your car , in my opinion a car is much more desirable if someone has had it for atleast a year, spent money on servicing repairs etc, you cannot expect to buy a car , add a owner to the v5 , modify it , and sell it on for a profit because you got a good deal from the owner before you, youve owned the car for 2 months , i would always stay away from a car that has had an new owner for a short period of time even if that person is completely genuine, your best bet is to post in the "for sale" section with a price or sell on ebay, autotrader , pistonheads etc etc etc , the fact that youve had so much help and advice from the site shows how friendly and helpful the people are on it but i think as i am , others are getting a bit bored of your posts related to selling or keeping it , the views expressed above are my own, others may agree or disagree, please dont start a 20 page argument on the above

yes as foxy says i think youve had enough "promotion" , "for sale", "feelers", and "what should i do posts" , the following may sound harsh but im going to say it anyway, you are on clubupo.co.uk many people have had there cars for many years, spent money on servicing , repairs , and although you get some with the "i drive my lupo like a gti should be driven" i think overall many are cared for by their owners as they intend to keep hold off them for more than 2 months, thats not to say during your ownership that you havent cared for it , i dont know you or your car , in my opinion a car is much more desirable if someone has had it for atleast a year, spent money on servicing repairs etc, you cannot expect to buy a car , add a owner to the v5 , modify it , and sell it on for a profit because you got a good deal from the owner before you, youve owned the car for 2 months , i would always stay away from a car that has had an new owner for a short period of time even if that person is completely genuine, your best bet is to post in the "for sale" section with a price or sell on ebay, autotrader , pistonheads etc etc etc , the fact that youve had so much help and advice from the site shows how friendly and helpful the people are on it but i think as i am , others are getting a bit bored of your posts related to selling or keeping it , the views expressed above are my own, others may agree or disagree, please dont start a 20 page argument on the above

:lol:

I like that post ;)

You havent really 'owned' a car, imo, unless you have lived with it for a while, had to replace things, service it etc. Its what ownership is all about for me!

So what if I'm posting a few of these threads?

It's an owners forum to discuss the cars they own, which is precisely what I'm doing.

If people don't like it then don't open the thread, simple.

The car is worth more than £6k purely looking at what others are selling for on the market. And not just at 'advertised' prices.

If you don't like these threads then ban me.

Im not sure what its worth, they all go for different prices! Maybe around £6500-£6750?

Im not sure really.

Your best to advertise it for what you want to get, and test the water to see if you get any interest. If not then it might be a little high, but not much is selling atm.

seriously maybe 5.5k or even 6k?

Ditto. Bang it up at £6,500 expect to drop.

1. Foxy doesn't need anything to make him moan.

2. If you were offered a lot more last time why didn't you accept?

So ask for it what you think its worth. Im just sick of seeing these cars advertised for an obscene about of money because they are 'rare'. They arent that rare and they arent worth that much. What makes you think its worth a lot more than £6000? Please tell.

Agreed! I have one so they can't be that rare. :huh:

Well said. You've had some sound advice from some sound guys. They are not going to change their mind because you ask for the 10th time.

So what if I'm posting a few of these threads?

It's an owners forum to discuss the cars they own, which is precisely what I'm doing.

If people don't like it then don't open the thread, simple.

The car is worth more than £6k purely looking at what others are selling for on the market. And not just at 'advertised' prices.

If you don't like these threads then ban me.

Sell or keep. Choose a price and advertise it. It's your car and only you can say what you want for it, but don't seek advice and then tell people they're wrong when you don't hear what you want.

Good luck with the sale. If you ever decide to go through and actually do it.

Edited by Silver!

The only reason people are disagreeing is because the price on these varies so much in the used car market.

Pepsi, i would think yours was worth 7k, but thats just me, maybe take a little bit lower for it. How much did you pay for it a few months ago?

(Edited to add quote)

lots of gti price bitching going on lately!

Joined less than 3 months ago and has the GTi for less than 2 months. Has had 2 for sale threads and 3 "what's it worth/should I keep it" type threads.

Been given sound advice and doesn't like/disagree's what he hears.

Just needs to make a decision on what he/she wants to sell for and put it up for sale.

As you have.

Edited by Silver!

The only reason people are disagreeing is because the price on these varies so much in the used car market.

Pepsi, i would think yours was worth 7k, but thats just me, maybe take a little bit lower for it. How much did you pay for it a few months ago?

but this is why people are getting bored of these threads , your are not going to get the person that said £5.5k and the person that said £7k to agree, (fact), he knows what he paid for it 2 months ago, people seem to think they can compare dealer prices to private sales, comparing 2 cars on paper is one thing but seeing them next to each other and looking at the finer details , like scuffed alloys, bonnet chips , scratches, and how the car actually drives , gear changes, etc etc etc ,the frustration lies with someone asking 2 months after he paid X amount for it whats it worth now, has it gone up £2k in 2 months , has it gone down £2k in 2 months , a car thats worth £6k may be sold for £5.5k because that owner wants a quick sale, then a tatty car with the same spec sells for £6k because thats a car closer to the person and he needs to changed cars quickly, that situation could happen within 2 weeks, has the car devalued by £500 in 2 weeks , or are they 2 completely different cars, being sold by 2 different owners who have different expectations on price, different expectations on how long it should be up for sale for, 1 owner too the next may drop it by £500 for quick sale, when the cars are identical , they both sold for different amounts , so whats its true value??, on paper you have a extremely attractive and desirable specced gti , are you doing yourself any favors by posted pretty similar threads getting responses and then arguing with others advice,? yours expectations are different to others, some care about low owners, some dont, some people want an unmodified example so they can stamp there own mark on it, we all have different expectations and requirements and all have different knowledge and understandings, which is where the difference between one thinking £5.5k and another thinking £7k , i hope this finally explains to you that is is more complicated than simply looking at 2 2003 plate cars and saying they are worth the same amount, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ps look a the news , switch on the radio , read a newspaper, the economic climate , petrol prices, house prices, its coming up to summer and people may have spent money already on holidays , all these things affect not only how much people have to spend but there perception as to whats expensive and whats not, do you want to sell cheap and get a quick sale or hold on for the right buyer?, you have had some good advice on this thread and others, these threads getting boring when people argue on a forum that is very friendly , this post could last forever giving you the ins a outs of why cars are priced differently , i hope you are getting a better feel for why prices and expectations are different and why you have had advice in the region of £5.5k to £7k

All im gonna say is that as you can see on the news if you watch or read it.... but the arse has fallen out of used car sales, as for the house market... now is not the time to sell.

Although an enthusiast would see it as a time to buy for a low price... :coffee:

And.... add 2 months and another owner to any newish used car and expect the price to drop by £750 no matter what it is.

IMO my cars worth alot more than i could offer it for.... but thats ust a fact of life.

Whatever it is..... make you mind up as your boring me

John

Edited by CasperGTI