Piercing...

rachel_gti

I know this was all the rage about ten years ago, but iv wanted it done since then but ma banned me :blush: now the bf aint too keen on the idea. but i still want it. so whats your opinions on it boys and girlies, girlies post ur pics up if u have any :) just so i can prove it does look nice. whats the pain factor like as well?and healing etc. and scar, does it leave much if ever had to take it out? any replies appreciated :D x

I had my eye brow done twice.

Both times I got into a fight and it got ripped out.

I had my nipple pierced, took that out about 8 years ago and still have discharge from the hole.

I had my eye brow done twice.

Both times I got into a fight and it got ripped out.

I had my nipple pierced, took that out about 8 years ago and still have discharge from the hole.

ouch at the eyebrow thing. i know there would be a scar after the piercing for ever, but wondering how bad, as going on holidays etc, would be on show in a bikini

I know this was all the rage about ten years ago, but iv wanted it done since then but ma banned me :blush: now the bf aint too keen on the idea. but i still want it. so whats your opinions on it boys and girlies, girlies post ur pics up if u have any :) just so i can prove it does look nice. whats the pain factor like as well?and healing etc. and scar, does it leave much if ever had to take it out? any replies appreciated :D x

I have had mine done since I was about 13/14. I keep thinking I'll take it out but never really got round to it - so I can't answer about scarring.

The first time I had it done was with an ear piercing gun - totally wrong! I only kept that for about 6 months and went back and got it done properly with the needle. Its not that sore at all, just a quick pinch. But the clamp they put on to put the needle through does hurt quite a bit, but again its quite quick. Healing is fine if you keep it clean and just watch for it catching on waistbands of clothes.

I don't tend to wear anything which ever shows it, except on hoilday, so its only me or the OH that see it. I forget its there now.

Ive had mine done nearly two years now and i love it. Pain wise i hardly felt a thing, only the bar sliding through your skin which is actually quite sexy :P Mine did goo for a little while (white goo is fine - green goo is bad) but soon cleared up with twice daily washing with salt water.

If the piercing guy tells you to use Hydrogen peroxide (4% neat or 6% dialuted) then run a mile. Only use this solution if you are having problems with too much goo-age or have a small lump over the piercing that you can get sometimes. Salt water solution is perfectly fine - ignore anyone that tells you otherwise!!

Watching it is a wee bit freaky, coz they squish the top of your belly button with a pair of scissors and a needle but what you dont see cant halm you :P If you want it, get it :) plus, its over sooooooo quick :)

See? easy :P

It's nasty. Belly button rings go together with corned beef legs, badly streaked hair and ears that have run out of space for more earings.

Don't do it. Unless you qualify as above.

crazy.jpg

Only a magnet would find that attractive.

Edited by IDGM

I was going to get mine done but I'd probably just get ripped by all of my mates so I didn't bother :lol:

...but were you going to get a stone to match you bikini?

(Anna)

mine is out, the scaring is minimal... i'll post up pics later if i can find decent ones :lol:

Edited by scotty_82

Guest Lauryn

I've had mine pierced for about 5 years now, I'm sure I had just started high school when I got it done, and it didnt hurt a bit. I've had a few small problems with wearing cheap bars and the piercing got quite sore and gooey, but it heals itself. Just make sure you keep it clean and only wear proper bars - any cheap ones will only cause bother imo! Also dont take it out for any period of time, mine closes up within about a week if I leave it but its easy to re-do! Its lovely when your on holiday in a bikini and you have a dangly one imo! :wub:

yeah mine went funny off an eyebrow bar (i thought it would look cooler) and closed up in 2 days :huh:

might get it re done... im too chicken sh*t to do it myself haha

anna@ how long has it been since you took it out? I had to repierce my eyebrow as it had healed up. Never had any problems with it, my ear i did as it got infected but once that had cleaned then no bother at all.. (piercing in top of ear). If you get it done again then will only be in there less than 2 mins as they do it that quick!

I think they can look nice on slimmer people

not so keen on them for myself though as don't have the body to show it off.

My friend got hers done but it kept getting caught on her clothing which caused a couple of infections. She let it close up in the end but I'm sure it'd be fine if you just kept it clean :)

Ahhh I'm another belly button piercing owner, had it done about 6 years ago now. Used to go about wearing short tops and stuff at the time to show it off but its been a while since I've done that now!!

They do say the skinner you are the more it hurts, and it stung a bit while the piercer literally had to stab the needle through my skin due to me being all skin and bones at the time (even more than I am now believe it or not lol). It was funny watching my friend flinch watching me lol.

I had to have a gold bar put in as I am allergic to silver earrings and that so wasn't chancing it with the belly button. Never ever had any problems with it - looked after it well for the first 8 weeks with sea salt and boiled water and hardly any gunk either.

If you want to do it go for it, you can always take it out if you decide you don't like it.