Bastuck Exhaust System

seat_mike

I had one on my GTi, that now belongs to Alex (fatttty on here). It was a great system, the power gain that it gave was quite noticeable, but it was no where near as loud as i thought it was going to be. It's over all a quite subtle affair and has a nice metallic rasp to it, more so when it's cold surprisingly! It's a good system though, really really good quality to them.

Here's the video:

Youtube Video ->

Edited by db

As joe said, running in 2WD will give more accurate figures, plus you get a fly wheel figure as when running in 4WD it's impossible to calculate drivetrain losses.

No, the system is cat back. You'd have to source manifold and cat from somewhere else. If it was me and i was doing it again i'd wait for the Janspeed manifold and source a sports cat from anywhere but i'd look at 200 cell ones.

• 1 year later...

my exhaust has just started blowing so i am now thinkin about getting a performance system :D

number 1 on my list that i want is a bastuck, just got one question tho.......the full system? will it pass a MOT?

if it does then its all good and i will probably go for it.

cheers spoorsy

my exhaust has just started blowing so i am now thinkin about getting a performance system :D

number 1 on my list that i want is a bastuck, just got one question tho.......the full system? will it pass a MOT?

if it does then its all good and i will probably go for it.

cheers spoorsy

I didn't realise bastuck did a full system?

They only do a Cat-back.

As long as your lambda probes are in good condition and you have at least a 200 cell cat, then yes, it should fly through the MOT.

I didn't realise bastuck did a full system?

They only do a Cat-back.

As long as your lambda probes are in good condition and you have at least a 200 cell cat, then yes, it should fly through the MOT.

on the regal site clicky, it gives you an option of backbox or full system so i was guessing that the full system would be ready to put on your car and pass an MOT

on the regal site clicky, it gives you an option of backbox or full system so i was guessing that the full system would be ready to put on your car and pass an MOT

Yes, Unfortunately its one of those common misconceptions. Bastuck DO NOT make a true full system.

What they call a full system, is merely a Cat-Back system.

Yes, Unfortunately its one of those common misconceptions. Bastuck DO NOT make a true full system.

What they call a full system, is merely a Cat-Back system.

false advertising tbh ;) lol

is there anyone that does a "full system" for a 1.4 lupo?

Not that i'm aware of, Janspeed where working on it, but i think they just got bored...

Best bet if you want a full system is custom, and as you're near Newcastle, i've heard a lot of posotive comments of http://www.aas-exhausts.co.uk/

The Bastuck is overpriced now anyway (not the advertised price either)

false advertising tbh ;) lol

is there anyone that does a "full system" for a 1.4 lupo?

It's all down to different manufacturers terminology.

In some exhaust manufacturers opinions, you should never have to replace a cat/downpipe, thus in there world a full system is everything behind the cat. Where other companies where replacement of Downpipes/Catalysts is common play, they consider a full system a Downpipe, Cat and Cat-Back system.

i went to aas-exhaust because i had heard good things about them

got a price but i was lookin at £700 for a propper full system, front pipe with sport cat, then all the way back all the way back.............unfortunatley i can't afford this atm :( so it looks like it is just going to be a standard replacement for me lol

i went to aas-exhaust because i had heard good things about them

got a price but i was lookin at £700 for a propper full system, front pipe with sport cat, then all the way back all the way back.............unfortunatley i can't afford this atm :( so it looks like it is just going to be a standard replacement for me lol

If you haven't already priced one up at the dealer, Don't!

:lol:

Yeah i rang them up a few months back regarding an exhaust, think they quoted me £440 for a cat back system, then extra for sports cat.

Wouldn't go anywhere near my raceland mani though, so that would leave me with a problem, cant exactly be driving without a mani! :)

Rang powerflow and they quoted £250 for a cat back, £150 for the sports cat and they said they would fit the mani, but i would need to go in and get the car up on the ramp so they can see what the crack is, due to the cat being joined to the mani as one peice