slamming the coilovers!!!

i have wound down the coilovers to the bottom of the thread but it doesnt look as low as someothers i have seen, is the thread as low as you can safely go? or can you go lower by taking the rings of the thread and resting them lower?

i really want to go lower than it is but dont see how! :(

thanks guys.

ben

Take the rings out but leave the part that the rings screw onto.

The only problem you may find is when jacked up the springs may need guiding into place.

First thing I did with mine was take the rings out and chuck them off some chav douche bags.

Springs take a while to settle. When you first lower it, it'll be a bit higher than it will be when it settles finally. Sometimes sorts itself out after a day, sometimes can take a week! Mine normally fully settle within a day or two.

I took everything off the back and set spring onto the bare frame. No adjuster rings or the threaded thingy that ring goes onto on mine.

no, ive had mine jacked up a few times and they dont come loose at all, still need to be pulled out even with adjuster blocks out.

I took everything off the back and set spring onto the bare frame. No adjuster rings or the threaded thingy that ring goes onto on mine.

iv done the same as you mate get rid of everything all iv done zip locked them in so when you jack the car up they dont move but you will have to make sure they go back in to the cups on the shell max lowerage all the way :lol:

the vw ones just sit on the axel so theres no worrys about them doing the same

no mate you cant do that it would be on the floor and the shocker would fail/bottom out big time you just need to take out the helpers mate its the only way you will get it lower.

what coilovers are they?

why the **** dont they make lupo coilys go down 120mm frount and rear, daft.

exactly, id love mine another 20 ml lower at the back.

‘Does your Dub hang low?,

‘Do you drive it really slow?,

‘Can you start it in the morning?, can you make it to the show?