the Silver Sedan!

nfbr

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I have the 312mm Fronts (Exactly the same kit as what Big Syd has got on his QS) so a 330 on the rear would basically mean I'd die every time I stamped on the brakes.

I was considering using the Golf Anniversary rear calipers and getting the 256x20mm Rears, but to be honest the 232x9mm's seem to be absolutely spot on with the Tarox F2000 discs and Tarox Strada Pads!

Car may be going up for sale soon so won't be spending any more on modifications!

Edited by nfbr

• 1 month later...

Love this Bora wub.gif looked well when following you at UD's

Updates ??? biggrin.gif soon

Ryan.

Ryan.

Had a couple of rides in this at UD's, for a diesel, it really does shift. :)

Loads of really neat well thought out mods, the CH's are amazing, I would love a set for the Lupo.

Ryan.

Hoping to have some updates over the next few weeks. Couple of jobs need doing to get it back upto 100%

Contemplating on fitting Formula Track rod ends (i.e. Proper rose jointed ones)

After a trip to Carlisle with a colleague to pick up a car, I think I wrecked my undertray and knocked the Sump helmet which has now come lose and makes a fecking awful rattling noise at around 1900rpm. Although to look at it positively, It did it's job and saved me from ripping the sump open and losing all my oil in the middle of a farmers dirt track!

After fitting the cheapest turbo I could find when I got ripped off by Turbo Dynamics, the Cheap turbo is having a few problems, Nothing too bad, but the compressor is off balance, making the turbo sound like a police siren when spooling up.

Other than that, I don't think there will be any more modifications for a while though. Happy how the car drives at the moment.

Thats it :) i love it.

Thanks Alex!

Had a couple of rides in this at UD's, for a diesel, it really does shift. :)

Loads of really neat well thought out mods, the CH's are amazing, I would love a set for the Lupo.

I finally got round to finding a good wheel cleaner the other week and have now got rid of all the brake dust stains from my sintered metal/ceramic pads.

A bunch of detailing stuff I ordered turned up today including some Poorboys wheel sealer, so that'll hopefully help keep the wheels cleaner for longer.

Pics of new detailing products to come soon! :)

Purchased some new detailing products recently in preperation for the spring clean and keeping it

detailing.jpg

New Stuff

• Meguiars - Hot Rims All wheel cleaner
  • Meguiars - Soft Wash
  • Bilt Hamber - Autoclay
  • Dodo Juice 0 Lime Prime
  • Dodo Juice - Diamond White
  • Elite - Ultra Plush Deep Pile Drying Towel
  • Poorboy's - Wheel Sealant

Old Stuff

• Rain-X - Rain Repellent
  • Meguiars - Endurance Tyre Shine
  • Meguiars - Lambswool Washmit
  • Meguiars - Microfibre Washmit
  • Meguiars - High Tech Foam Applicator Pads
  • nfbr Solutions - Satin Dash Protect & Clean
  • nfbr Solutions - Clay Lube
  • Tesco Value - Toothbrush

Got a bunch of Meguiars microfibre cloths currently in the washing machine on spin cycle ;)

C H A V !

I thought that, but it depends whats on the other side!

Plain black both sides.

I can't use the sticky plastic ones as they make a total f*cking mess of the windscreen and don't stay stuck for any more than 3 months.

I got it for free anyway so I ain't complaining! It'll be sat in the Top left hand corner of the screen, Not in the bottom where Chav's put their tax discs ;)