Smooth Lupo 1.4 ATS Classics - For Sale

DarkStryder360

Much lower than it was, props for that mate.

I know what the side streets around Plymouth are like :angry:

Congrats on another years ticket

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I've tried running 13's and couldn't hack the lows needed to pull them off on the roads round where i live, so i admitted defeat and got bigger wheels to fill the arch gap :whistle:

boooooo you gave in!

I had to! Its ok, it be back down.

Much lower than it was, props for that mate.

I know what the side streets around Plymouth are like :angry:

Congrats on another years ticket

Cheers, I now know the pain of being this low. Worth it though. Do feel sorry for the bottom of my car somedays, but I have confidence that it can take most things the world throws at it. Except manhole covers. And large speedhumps.

awesome car dude and fingers crossed for some better luck

Cheers! Luck has run out though, lasted a good day. :wacko:

Thought u might like, Shopped a bit, but far better than the original pic.

Nice one! Cheers for the picture dude. Glad someone took a pic of it B)

I've tried running 13's and couldn't hack the lows needed to pull them off on the roads round where i live, so i admitted defeat and got bigger wheels to fill the arch gap :whistle:

I cant rid the arch gap, I tried by lowering it more, but its a lot better than what it was, not so embaressed by it now, or should I be :wacko: .... :lol:

New update, I have a leaky gearbox thanks to keen eyed leaky gearbox enthusiasts in car care/maintenance. And I don't have the time to sort it out due to heavy Uni deadlines, so sooner or later - most likely sooner - I can see the gearbox going :) .

Happy days.

On another note. I really want a Lupo GTi.

On another note. I really want a Lupo GTi.

I sold my 1.4e yesterday and set straight off to get my new gti, i can tell you now, it doesn't disappoint!

I sold my 1.4e yesterday and set straight off to get my new gti, i can tell you now, it doesn't disappoint!

Ideal that's the kinda thing I like to hear, same conversion :) how much you sell your 1.4 and how much you find a GTi for?

• 2 weeks later...

Sold the 1.4e on a y with 30k on the clock for £1900 and bought the GTI for £3400

Dayam that was a real good deal!... How is the GTi coming along now you've had it a while? :)

Busy busy, and by busy I mean I have been doing Dissertation, Uni work, Work, spraying my headlights!, etc, and slowly but surely putting my Gearbox issue off until now when its getting hella bad. Jacked my car up on the front AGAIN prepared for the garage to say "It is too low". Went 40mm higher.. after I had played around with my mates collection of retro (ish) rims.

Started the day trying on some Scala rims off of a Rocco, 14's. So tucked I couldn't turn the wheel..

img1094jkl.jpg

Next ones were off his Mk2 Polo coupe, 13's, I really liked them! If they were lowerererer profile I would consider them ha.

img1098v.jpg

img1099bi.jpg

Finally I tried my rear 8J's on the front with my 15mm Hubcentrics. Safe to say, it was ridiculous. I am a massive fan of poke.. but even I thought it looked ridiculous! :lol:

img1100bb.jpg

img1101gz.jpg

Poke vs Tuck picture ha

img1103h.jpg

So wheels back on, went to the garage, they said "Its too low"... FML. So I have spent the evening jacking up the front 20mm more, and on the rears, I have a set of the Scala rims. Will get a picture of it tomorrow in the daylight. Properly looks like this though..:

tractor-side.jpg

I am now in Gearbox Stance.

If they cant get it on the ramps tell them to give it a run up, cant be worse than what the speedbumps must do? Just put a load of tape over the lower bumper to reduce scratches and floor it.

Also, u may not believe it with mine, but i have also been previously told by a garage that they couldnt get it on the ramps either.

Edited by BEP51

Haha probably because of your jangly exhaust! Its all raised but the main worry was just the bottom not the bumper, because' he said the ramps go up at a weird angle...I dunno, plus I get to roll like a bellend for the next couple days or however long. :lol:

Haha probably because of your jangly exhaust! Its all raised but the main worry was just the bottom not the bumper, because' he said the ramps go up at a weird angle...I dunno, plus I get to roll like a bellend for the next couple days or however long. :lol:

do u still have the original steelies? u could put it on those for a while with the spacers stilll on the back to try to fill your flared (french) arches?

Hvae u meausured the front clearance to make sure now?

Think of it as an f1 car with the bigger tyres at the rear not a tractor, it will make u feel better!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...