I am being greedy?

dxg

Some may say that it's following the crowd to go from a GTI to a Furby VRS. But how many go for an SE and keep the Lupo?

Anyway, I got myself a new daily yesterday and here it is:

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

As for the comparison, the Furby's miles better at overtaking, but it's cold and plastic. I may love it, but it doesn't love me back like the GTI does... The Furby will remain very much a tool to be used, whereas the GTI will remain the toy.

Anyone want to buy a 1995 Audi A4? 147k and still going strong!

Deek.

For those wondering, briskoda knows about four SE's that have been written off, so there's slightly less than 1,000 in existence.

Looks good buddy. Yea the SE is only 1000 about isn't there? What does the leather like? I jsut brought a ibiza fr tdi same car, was looking the vrs but went for the FR, does your have 6 gears the tdi?

i love my vrs now it's been mapped. i honestly thought i would be bored of it and sell it in no time, but i have really surprised myself and i really do love it.

what u got planned for the vrs then?

rear anti rollbar, and remap are a must IMO. 312mm TT brakes = straight swop, and coilovers would be nice to get rid of the stilt like stance.

i love my vrs now it's been mapped. i honestly thought i would be bored of it and sell it in no time, but i have really surprised myself and i really do love it.

what u got planned for the vrs then?

rear anti rollbar, and remap are a must IMO. 312mm TT brakes = straight swop, and coilovers would be nice to get rid of the stilt like stance.

I can't do too much with the VRS for at least the next couple of years due to warranty and insurance.

At the moment I have my NCB (10+ years!) on the Lupo, matched onto the A4. However, I think insurance companies see you coming with that game as twice with two different companies I've been ass-r*ped on the matched car. You get a good quote on the original car, and a poor deal on the second.

So, I've insured the VRS entirely independently, with 18k p.a. and zero NCB. This limits the companies I can go to (as a couple of the mainstream ones refused to quote), yet the one I wound up with is almost the same as the Lupo to insure (despite the car being worth twice as much, the zero NCB and the 18k miles compared to 5k)!!!

So, in a nutshell, I'll probably be playing with the paint on the front bumper (to do something that no one's done yet!), some aero wipers off a 9N polo, hard wire the satnav and install an ipod connection into the standard headunit. And that will be pretty much it. The performance stuff will come a couple of years down the line...

I might get the door cards leathered (as they're not!). Someone was asking about the leather... To be honest, it's not that great. It's not very soft and it's very "slidey." Smells nice though!! I've learnt that the leather was installed into the SEs on the dockside after they'd been imported to the UK, so it seems to be very much an afterthought.

So the moment I'm more than happy with the performance (I just keep it around 2k rpm so there's always an immediate kick, and I can keep my foot down if I need the power). The mpg is great (on a stiff engine, I got 71.4mpg average yesterday - on the instantaneous readout I've seen it as low as 9.9mpg ;) and as high as 190!!)

It's a great car! Aside from a really loud rattle in the dashboard (warranty will sort that), it'd be pretty much ideal for me right now.

A loud rattle on my Vrs dash board was caused by a panel not being clipped in properly directly above the pedals.

Might be worth a look. :)

PM me if your after an iPod dock for the symphony head unit, I've got a dension one with a Brodit mount for sale if your interested.