LCD TV Which one?

Bikerz

Budget around £900-1400, will only be used as a TV and for ps3 and 360 NOT PC. Any ideas?

Like the Samsung 46" LCD 1080 ( LE46M87BDX) http://www.digitaldirect.co.uk/products_moreinfo3/index.asp?product_id=12869 ://http://www.digitaldirect.co.uk/prod...quot;] ://http://www.digitaldirect.co.uk/prod...quot;] This will have to go on the wall. Its my 21st pressy from parents :blush: They have never spend over £100 on me ever so this is amazing :shades:

Edited by Bikerz

I've got 2 Samsung LCD's, a 32" 720p one & a 40" 1080p.

I would recommend them 100%, fantastic value for money, great picture, good build quality & look the part.

Sound is the only thing that's not outstanding.

Interestingly Sony are using Samsung screens for their LCD tv's... basically same picture, different price though. :thumbup:

I have a 42" Samsung 1080 - its great! I went into Curry's got loads of help and advice from the guy and then pretty much said "well thanks for that, I'm off home now to buy it on the net for £300 less" - he matched the price and gave me a discount of the wall bracket, and I got to take it home straight away! Bonus.

Cheers linz, i went in and saw the samsung, they want £1500 for it, so i said oh il be back as you do, and was going to buy off net, il see if they will match price.

Budget around £900-1400, will only be used as a TV and for ps3 and 360 NOT PC. Any ideas?

Like the Samsung 46" LCD 1080 ( LE46M87BDX) http://www.digitaldirect.co.uk/products_moreinfo3/index.asp?product_id=12869 ://http://www.digitaldirect.co.uk/prod...quot;] ://http://www.digitaldirect.co.uk/prod...quot;] ://http://www.digitaldirect.co.uk/prod...quot;] This will have to go on the wall. Its my 21st pressy from parents :blush: They have never spend over £100 on me ever so this is amazing :shades:

Bought a Samsung myself. Highly recommended. Try John Lewis, you should get a good price and they give you a free 5 year parts and labour warranty on all televisions.

Plasma is less quality tho arnt they still?

plasmas are more hassle, as some need re-gassing every now and then, why sony and most stopped making them...

LCD all the way mate...

Got a Sony Bravia 32" LCD at the moment and love it. Had a Samsung before and it was faulty after a while and returned it

sony is the way to go... can't beat their quality...

Plasmas need regassing? The 90's called, it wants its advice back ;)

Its generally agreed that over 37" Plasma is superior to LCD. More vibrant, better at moving images and looks better for SD.

Everyone has it in their head that LCD > Plasma because of the urban myths over screen burn, plasma life, regassing etc - its all rubbish. I was going to buy an LCD too, until a mate at work showed me how much better plasma was than LCD in the equivalent price bracket.

I'm not saying LCD's aren't good, they are, but I'd take a plasma every day of the week.

Its generally agreed that over 37" Plasma is superior to LCD. More vibrant, better at moving images and looks better for SD.

Everyone has it in their head that LCD > Plasma because of the urban myths over screen burn, plasma life, regassing etc - its all rubbish. I was going to buy an LCD too, until a mate at work showed me how much better plasma was than LCD in the equivalent price bracket.

I'm not saying LCD's aren't good, they are, but I'd take a plasma every day of the week.

Ditto, id have a plasma anyday aswell, especially if you havn't got HDTV. Have you seen an LCD showing low def ? it's shocking.

Plus youll get years and years use from a modern Plasma TV, It'll be obsolete before it's no good to watch.

And if anything does go wrong youve always got home insurance, use it, thats what it's for ;)

LCD's are all well and good, but the technology has a way to go before id choose one over a plasma.

Edited by L119 UPO

also only have lcd and dont be tempted with 50 inch plasma rubbish picture quailty not the best

hmm... this man installs Tvs for a living... probably, most definetly can tell what are the best quality...

so i'd take this guys advice personally :):coffee:

hmm... this man installs Tvs for a living... probably, most definetly can tell what are the best quality...

Right on, tbh its a myth that plasmas are better than LCD over 40"

If you buy the "right" LCD then the advantages FAR outweigh the disadvantages

My philips - SD is great HD is simply amazing - i've had 4 HDTVs and used alot more including the new flagship Sony LCD and LCD's are far better than Plasmas IMO.

For a start you cannot GAME with a plasma - as far as I know they do still get screen burn with consoles.

Plasmas are like the old skool favourite over 40" size - almost like saying vinyl is superior to CD - technically it isn't.

Oh and if you pick up and move your plasma and you tilt is by mistake - plasma = f**ked. They don't like to be moved!!

Rant over - back to bed - I only got up for a pee.

Cheers all. Parents have a 52" plasma downstairs and I hate it for gaming, its pointless really bad picture. It is about a year old, but is a good quality pioneer on with 5.1 sound. Id much rather go for the LCD as I will be gaming more. Dissagree about the plasma beig easy to brake, dad even dropped it and its still fine.lol. been tilted at all angles and fine ( i know we may just be lucky). That home incurance is a good idea, but will check it out 1st.

Whats HDMI 1.3 :blush::confused: Do i need it, using it for PS3 im sure I do?

Edited by Bikerz

^^^Totally agree

I install computers for a living, doesn't mean I'm always right.

I'll take the collective opinions of a few thousand people over at AVForums, thanks :P

TBH, this all comes down to the same old arguement - if I own a Plasma, I think its the best therefore I'll argue the case and try and prove everyone else wrong.

In the same respect, everyone who own a Lupo will think its the best and try to prove every Saxo/Corsa/Mini owner that the Lupo is better.

However in this case, your all wrong and I'm right :lol: