gti diet

Toi gulp

Nah, GTI bootlids are steel, the only Lupo to have a different boot lid was the 3L, which was magnesium.

You think Lupo seats are heavy, try a mk5 GTI seat, they weigh a ton!

Ooo ok didn't know that.

The Lupo seats did suprise me tbh. They're not the biggest seats either!

dont forget that if your wanting the most out of the suspension for track/fast road you'll need to get the car corner weighted and setup properly.i'm going to be doing this to my mates skyline when the shocks come.

Has anyone actually weighed the seats though? i'm trying to get her down to .94 to.95 of a ton for now (modest i know) and i need to remove weight as evenly as possible and the seats are looking likely to be the biggest saving in weight. And better suport for track use is a must standard seats are sh*te.

seats alone obviously wont save a huge amount but seatbelts, speakers, rear interior, trim lining will all come out along with polycarb rear windows, alisport radiator and red top battery if i get keen enough i will commision a GRP boot.

the bilstein suspension will be more than adequate for now as the lighter the car gets the better it performs anyway (within the intended ride height of course)

so back to the origional point has anyone or can anyone weigh their origional seats please so i can decide what seats i need to get before completely stripping mine (daily driver)

so back to the origional point has anyone or can anyone weigh their origional seats please so i can decide what seats i need to get before completely stripping mine (daily driver)

Im stripping the interioir out of my 6N tonight ready for Santa Pod.

If I can find some scales I'll weigh them!

Just take yours out and jump on some weighing scales. They can't be that hard to remove. I removed the Pass seat in my Corsa in the time it took my mate to do a 3 point turn. As he drove down the street I held the seat up high showing him as he drove off.

Guest LupoJoe

if your getting buckets just remember, cheaper ones like cobra moncco's atc are usualy steel backed where as if you pay around 300-350 for the pair then theyre likley to be fibreglass backed which are very light, the steel backed ones are very very heavy and i dont like them.

I can't help on the weight of front seats but I stripped all of my rear out, seats, carpet, trims, boot bottom and it weighed the massive amount of...... 30kg :( was hoping for a bit more weight really, lol! still worth while in my eyes though has made the back end a bit more skittish nw and under hard breaking it does try to overtake the front of the car :o

Sam.

Edited by My_Names_Buck

I can't find any scales.

But they are easy as anything to remove from the front.

Think it may only be either one or two bolts....?

I think you put the seat fully back, undo the bolt(s) and slide it back forwards out of the tracks.

Been a while since I've taken my Lupo seats out!

I can't help on the weight of front seats but I stripped all of my rear out, seats, carpet, trims, boot bottom and it weighed the massive amount of...... 30kg :( was hoping for a bit more weight really, lol! still worth while in my eyes though has made the back end a bit more skittish nw and under hard breaking it does try to overtake the front of the car :o

Sam.

if youve lowered your car its more likely to be a brake bias problem as the car thinks theres more wight/grip on the rear axle so it sends more braking force to the rear, ive had this problem.

I can't find any scales.

But they are easy as anything to remove from the front.

Think it may only be either one or two bolts....?

I think you put the seat fully back, undo the bolt(s) and slide it back forwards out of the tracks.

Been a while since I've taken my Lupo seats out!

Thanks eveyone i'll have a look tommorow. looks like 30kg should be easily possible then!

If you buy one, make sure it's mag-alloy, as the later ones came with steel bootlids to cut costs.

The models from 2002 and newer came with the normal boot's to make the 3L better in corners. For that same reason they put the battery in the back. The older alu/magnesium boot is 4,5 kg lighter than the normal once. The FSI came with a alu/mag boot like the 3L, but had a small spoiler on it. may look better on the GTI B)

This German Lupo & Arosa site has a whole list of stuff in your GTI and the weights of each item.

Edited by Lupo3L

21 power sapping kilo's each, and typical when the car is in single seater mode you can hear all the knocks and the blowing exhaust.........great looks like i'll have to get the bastuck ahead of schedule......doh!