Pete's Loop

PeteSGT

looking very shiny! nice work! its very easy to spend hours and hours cleaning isnt it!

what have you protected the paint with after out of interest?

Used some autoglym extra gloss protection, don't know if thats the right thing to use really!

I was gonna wax it....but only got some rubbish turtle stuff....will get on and order some rediculously priced wax soon!

get some collinite wax mate, have a look on elite car care website..

Noticed the difference with the paintwork now youve clayed it?

Yeah, the side skirts look better for loosing all of thier tar spots! And the boot and top of the bumper had a layer of grot, which is now as smooth as a babies bum!

ah, another recommendation for collinite! Was checking that out on www.cleanyourcar.co.uk

This is going to get expensive! Gonna get some super suds shampoo, and perhaps some sealant too!

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of little jobs completed this weekend!

I am getting quite anal over this car......the ashtray cover had faded/gone a different colour to the console...so it had to be changed!!

IMG_0008.jpg

Then went to the wonderful halfords and got some autosol and cleaned my pipes right out!!

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

Not bad pictures from the iPhone!! pleasantly suprised...think I've got to hold it the other way though!

Looking good mate, tempted to buy coilovers yet ? LOL

Make the car 10 times more fun to drive

Yes I am TOTALLY tempted......but need the money for a flat!

A chance to make this car any more fun to drive should not be missed though!

aaaaahhhh!

Looks quite a job to change the ash tray cover! :wacko:

I like the bonnet bra, but isnt it more of a winter mod? TO protect the bonnet from chips and salt etc :confused:

Well the cover doesn't come on its own...of course VW!! Had to buy the whole ashtray assembly...including cigarette lighter.

And the ashtray is screwed to the bottom of the centre console jobby! :wacko:

As for the bra...from what I've read its not a good idea to have it on if it rains (water will collect at the bottom) and they shouldn't be left on for over a week at a time anyway

To tell you the truth its more of a showy thing...will put it on to go to shows or if I do any motorway journeys. It just looks so cool...putting something like that on which most people just dont understand makes it all the better :thumbsup:

I had the same with my ashtray cover. It had gone purple. I had it done under warrenty though and I'm sure they just changed the cover -_-