HELP NEEDED QUICKLY WITH TYRE FITTING

Bewick

Bought some new toyo's and last night the garage I usually get to do all my tyre fitting can't manage to get the beads to seal and inflate. Went to another garage and they said the same. I've got 195's on now and thats what the toyo's are so I know they'll go.... please people tell me the tricks of the trade!! All I've had suggested so far is to use an inner tube to get it to seal, then remove it from one side and pull the 2nd bead up to seal.

HELP.............

D@N

How exactly did they do that? Just me being as stupid as always ;) Or where in Newcastle area can fit these boys for me as I'm desperado!!!

D@N

They just blasted a crap load of air in and it sealed. I think Mitch knows somewhere that has a cheater where they put his 165's on 7's for him.

The only other was i've seen it done is with a cheater, like this ... Clicky

Thats how they put tractor tyres on, so you could try a commercial tyre fitter such as Speed Line Tyers on Chainbridge Road

There is a place in Team Valley that will do it, I think it's called Walkers. When Mitch asked him to do it he said ok I like a challenge!

I used Foxhunters in Whitley Bay for mine but was only 195's on a 7 and 8.

Edited by hanley

Yeah, Walkers did my 165/50's on my 8's.

Had to leave them to seal onto the bottom bead overnight, then took me and a mate to pull up on them while he got in with the cheater.

Said I can go to some f***er else though next time I want stretched tyres! :lol:

Tried another 2 garages yesterday, one was an old friend who had just started his own tyre place so he let me and the lads run riot, we even tried the set on fire trick but would only get one side of the tyre to grip the bead. So I have left the car with a friend today, he is going to try foxhunters, but I'll send him to walkers first as its nearer to us. Where abouts in team valley is it?

Many thanks again chaps!

D@N

Edited by Bewick

Ermmmm, it's up the dual carriageway, left at a roundabout and then right.

I think. :lol:

Might not be much help, but it's not hard to find it, once you turn off at the roundabout there's a sign saying Walkers Wheels on it. The bloke's spot on.

Good luck.

Walker Tyres - Highly recommended by Bewick!!

Phoned him up yesterday at dinner time, said he's been reccomended by a few lads who's had stretched tyres in the past, he said what sizes are you running, I replied with 9" rims with 195 tyres. That was followed by a burst of laughter, a slight pause, then "piece of piss, thats not even a challenge!" Took the car down, 20 minutes later job's a good 'un!

Panic over people, and his technique is awesome! (Tyre fitting that is!!!)

D@N

Not having much luck!! Thought the tyres were on and rocking no problem. Last night I was driving on a back road not far from Chester-Le-Street and I was hitting a long sweeping bend at about 85mph, the whole car decided not to turn but just slide into the coming lane. After I changed the underpants swiftly I drove home like a girl thinking it was just me being a nob on winter roads with new tyres. This morning I thought I better check them see if they're ok, and one is as flat as a fart. I'm guessing or hoping even that it just a case of it not sealing properly.... any suggestion before I do something silly as my wee is starting to boil with these tyres!

D@N

I just cant understand as I used to hammer the old uniroyal rainsport 195's all over the place, think if I use ultra seal it'll help my little problem here?

D@N