North West Rolling Road Day - 23rd February

Poobah

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last Briskoda RR ran only 2 4wd cars so it shouldn't be a problem. I can ring and check with them if you wish?

Cheers

Chris

Ok guys, l've drafted some outside help for the spare spots from Briskoda. Also thought having these guys come along would provide a useful comparison to the Lupo Gti's given they both have similar standard bhp values.

You can always rely on our lot :D

Steve

£35 of your earth pounds mate. Thats for 3 runs and a nice laminated print-out of the fly/wheel bhp plus torque.

Also l've had a reply back regarding the Haldex on the R32. They'll be running it FWD and disconnecting the Haldex.

Cheers

Chris

see i was going to put mine on the rollers on sunday just to get a comparisons :lol: ive taken the LCR bumper off to give a bit more ground clearance and to get rid of the huge hole in the bumper :lol:

£35 of your earth pounds mate. Thats for 3 runs and a nice laminated print-out of the fly/wheel bhp plus torque.

Also l've had a reply back regarding the Haldex on the R32. They'll be running it FWD and disconnecting the Haldex.

Cheers

Chris

No probs Chris, it makes no difference to me! Out of interest did they say why they do it?

DB - Basically when your R32 is on 4wd rollers, the Haldex system thinks that all the wheels are spinning and tries to distribute the power from corner to corner for best traction. What you end up with is a rolling road print-out telling you your R32 has 150bhp cause the Haldex system was so confused it never allowed full power to either the front or rear wheels. They disconnect it and run it FWD to get the true engine bhp/torque. You can then adjust it for 4wd transmission losses.

Cheers

Chris

Less than 24 hours to go now guys and gals. Make sure you're all topped up with oil, coolant etc. :)

Weather is looking a touch patchy for tomorrow but fingers crossed l can get the car clean! Just need to hoover out the air filter now..................... :P

Edited by Poobah

urgh , 12hrs untill i need to leave the house , im looking at atleast a 3hr drive , need to get up at 5am , and be on the road by 5.30am ..... i will warn you all now , the car is a tip and i cant be bothered going out in the rain to clean the inside out :lol: