another quick wheel question..

Matty_Gti

just a quicky guys, i am interested in some wheels that are 7" wide and have an offset of ET25, will these go on a gti without problems? it is decked already on collies.

what would be the ideal tyres to go on with maybe a small stretch nothing too drastic

ET25 on a 7 doesn't sound too bad to me.

195/45's will give a slight stretch, could go down to 165/50's for something a bit more extreme, but still not stupid.

im running 7x15's on a 25 offset on the arosa with 195/45 proxes, perfect stretch and i THINK they will just about go under gti arches they are level with the arch edges on the rosa needing about 15-20mm for them to tuck inside nicely which is what the gti has if i remember correctly

165/50's look stupid on 7's IMO no offence to 'lowlupo' on here his is a damn nice car but he runs 15x7 ATS cups with 165 tyres and it looks bloody lethal and he admited to me it does NOT handle

wayne

If you don't drive hard you would be fine with 165/50s but if you like driving it hard I'd not personally recommend it. I run them on a 6.5" rim and they feel fine, I'm never scared to push it. But when I use them on a 7" rim I'm a bit warey of pushing it to far. The tyres are quite obviously to small for the wheel, to much stretch imo. Looks pimp as feck thoug h:lol:

DSC00435.jpg

DSC00437.jpg

thay do look rather p.i.m.p! but i think i may stick to a 195/45, would this give a good compromise between handeling and looks? bcos i do enjoy giving it some round the odd roundabout every now and then. any pics of a 195/45 on a 7j rim?

also what tyre makes would you go for?

i can get bf goodrich for £49.10 each

pirelli p7 £42.50 each

toyo proxies for £50.40 each

these are all from www.mytyres.co.uk and i would need to get them fitted onto the wheels