Serious about Supercharging

Dblock

Right im fairly serious about supercharging me arosa now.

I need some help though. Firstly which supercharger do i go for the supossidly better but also much costlier rotrex. or a m45 eaton from a mini cooper which is much easier to find and mich cheaper to buy.

I also need a bracket could i use the one made from rotrex to fit the 1.4 16v engine even if i use the m45.

now the injectors and stuff i can just get from gmc motorsport unless someone else knows differently.

Now my plan for the ecu is to get the custom code stage 3. clicky

Im not sure what else though. and how much bhp can i get. I dont want a kit as they are 2 expensive so i need it to be under 1.5k.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right im fairly serious about supercharging me arosa now.

I need some help though. Firstly which supercharger do i go for the supossidly better but also much costlier rotrex. or a m45 eaton from a mini cooper which is much easier to find and mich cheaper to buy.

I also need a bracket could i use the one made from rotrex to fit the 1.4 16v engine even if i use the m45.

now the injectors and stuff i can just get from gmc motorsport unless someone else knows differently.

Now my plan for the ecu is to get the custom code stage 3. clicky

Im not sure what else though. and how much bhp can i get. I dont want a kit as they are 2 expensive so i need it to be under 1.5k.

the rotrex is the best way by far but as cost go m45 is worth every penny and are easy to find cheap

and no you cant use the same bracket as the rotrex as there worlds apart in design so every thing as to be custom made

and the custom code remap i dont know if it will work at all but if they say they will give it ago then why not

injectors just use gti ones they can flow 200bhp so you should be ok on the 1.4 and new ones are not cheap so its worth looking for a set from a scrapy

you will need a decompresion plate to lower the compresion if you dont do this you will blow your engine up

i'm not sure if you can use the one for a afh engine but this place do them www.ferriday.co.uk but as i say i dont know if it will fit

you will need an intercooler as well and the custom pipe work to run it all and your coil pack will need swaping for a stronger one

the list of parts is long and far from cheap

hope it helps a bit

hmm cos im leaning towards a m45 and asking storm for a bracket the one which paul bin used. Rite cheers for the info on the injectors and coilpacks i think 20vt ones will fit. Decomp plate is the way i will go as i cant afford low comp pistons.

intercooler i will try and find and the pipework shouldnt be too bad.

Is there anything else i need.

if you ring storm up they cant sell you a bracket because the design doesnt belong to them, thats my side of things. ive still got to get some cut out so wen i have i will let you know, if not try and make some urself.if you ring storm up they cant sell you a bracket because the design doesnt belong to them, thats my side of things. ive still got to get some cut out so wen i have i will let you know, if not try and make some urself.

Regarding the ECU....I wouldn't blow £450 on a remap that probably wouldn't work. Remember that the standard ECU isn't really meant to work with a boosted system. It will compensate as I imagine it runs a MAP (manifold air pressure) sensor, but it's always going to be a bit of a fiddle. For that amount of money you could get a DTA S40 Pro from here. Admittedly you'd then have to have it mapped for you but it shouldn't cost the world and you'd get far better and more reliable results. You also get luxuries like traction control and launch control if you have the sensors for it. Full info on the DTA site here.

As for the Eaton vs Rotrex. The Rotrex is a smaller more compact unit, but it possibly will be more costly in the long run. They have a sealed gearbox that gears the engine rpm from say 6000 to 200,000 rpm (and no that's not a typo). They need servicing every so often (admitedly it's something like 50,000 miles), but it's a costly thing to do, and if something goes wrong then you'll be in for big bills. The Eaton is a production unit and is far more suited to road car use.

That would make an interesting sound

Bit late, but Ford have been selling Supercharged 1ltr Fiestas in South America for ages.

I don't suppose there's anything wrong with them. I think the engine isn't disimilar from that in the Ka, just a different name.

Snatched from Ford Media...

The technology applied in the new Fiesta begins with two modern 1.0-liter engines, based on the acclaimed Zetec RoCam family and developed especially for the Brazilian market: the naturally-aspirated 1.0 L, with a new calibration, generating 66 hp, and the entirely new 1.0 L Zetec RoCam Supercharger, generating 95 hp, with technical resources that translate into power, durability and economy gains.

The new Ford Fiesta Supercharger constitutes the first application of this new technology in a compact car. Used up-to-now only in vehicles belonging in the luxury or sports categories, such as the Jaguar, the Supercharger basically consists of a mechanical compressor driven by the crankshaft, by means of a belt, which increases the engine’s volumetric yield. This component was developed by Eaton, together with Ford, specifically to optimize the performance of this engine. Its great advantage is the fact that it provides the 1.0-liter engine with power equivalent to that of a 1.6-liter unit, with economy, durability and the price advantages of a 1.0 L displacement.

In addition to these features, the new Ford Fiesta will also be available with two other engines: the 1.6 L version, with 98 hp, which in addition to meeting demand on the internal market will also be exported to Mexico, Argentina, Venezuela, Colombia, Chile and Uruguay, and the 1.4 L diesel version, destined exclusively for export.

The gasoline-powered models follow the basic configuration of the Zetec RoCam family, acclaimed as the best in its class in regard to response, torque curve, durability, dependability and maintenance. And they have been given a number of improvements that, together with the horsepower increase, expand this engine’s already proven qualities.

Model 1.0 L Supercharger

Engine: Zetec RoCam, forward, transverse, gasoline-fueled, Supercharger system with intercooler, 4 in-line cylinders, 8 valves, electronic fuel injection and detonation control sensor

Displacement (cm3): 999

Bore vs. stroke (mm): 68.68 x 67.40

Compression ratio: 8.2:1

Electronic control module: Black Oak

Power (hp): 95 (6,000 rpm)

Torque (kgfm): 12.64 (4,250 rpm)

Maximum speed (km/h): 176

Acceleration (0 to 100 km/h) (s): 13.3

Resumption of speed in 4th gear, 50 to 100 km/h (s): 15.0

Fuel consumption (km/l): Urban cycle: 11.80 Highway cycle: 15.50

Transmission: Ford IB5, manual, five forward gears, one reverse gear

Edited by IDGM

I don't suppose there's anything wrong with them. I think the engine isn't disimilar from that in the Ka, just a different name.

Snatched from Ford Media...

hi im doin a supercharger conversion on my lupo 100bhp version and im putting it on carbs easyer and cheaper and also runing low comp pistons and usin the eaton 45 thing from mini cooper s i know wot ur thinking will carbs work yes they will as done extensive reaserch and plus ma step dads builds drag racing engines lol so he knows wot he talking bout lol just thought ad put my 2 pence worth in laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Well I'm not sure what planet your from but I certainly don't see setting up carbs with a supercharger at all 'easier and cheaper'! Considering the engine will pretty much map itself on an ECU and then stay there forever, the thought of adjusting the jetting manually and and then having to readjust it when it drifts out is in my opinion, not really that easy!

Well I'm not sure what planet your from but I certainly don't see setting up carbs with a supercharger at all 'easier and cheaper'! Considering the engine will pretty much map itself on an ECU and then stay there forever, the thought of adjusting the jetting manually and and then having to readjust it when it drifts out is in my opinion, not really that easy!

be reight worth trying tho be intresting and realy dont want to spend stupid money on gettin it mapped laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Dont waste your time get a proper after market ECU then get it mapped on a rolling road this way it shall make a lot more power than with a carb , even with a carb the ignition side of things will still need to be delt with .