Serious about Supercharging

Dblock

Dont waste your time get a proper after market ECU then get it mapped on a rolling road this way it shall make a lot more power than with a carb , even with a carb the ignition side of things will still need to be delt with .

will be better on petrol with ecu and map and will be so much nicer to drive plus mot time carbs are not going to pass at all

so in the long run ecu and mapping will be cheaper and you will have to find carbs that are happy taking boost with out leeking

why take your modden car back in time with carbs was of time money and power

where you getting your pistons and how much you paying for them ?????

Edited by noddy1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul if i may ask you, what is your engine code? A few more questions if you would be so kind, Injectors did you run normal or uprated? Throttle body is it just one from a 2litre golf or do you have jenveys or something. Is it just the normal eaton or is it the one from the JCW edtion.

How come you went for a intercooler and not a charge cooler?

Many thanks

im running gti injectors, there plenty for a 1.4, the throttle body is just a standard one from a 2 litre golf, the eaton is the one with teflon coated blades so its alittle more efficient.

I went for a intercooler as it was alittle cheaper for me, im not experiencing any temperature problems at all, but charge cooler is on the cards if there is any problems

Brilliant paul thanks, sorry about all the questions its just i bought the max power mag and then i threw it out im kicking myself now.

The throttle body for the golf is that a gti one and which year?

The pipes where they all custom made or is it off the shelf samco stuff.

What made you chose the emerald ecu over something else and do you use the different map settings?

Once again thanks

Brilliant paul thanks, sorry about all the questions its just i bought the max power mag and then i threw it out im kicking myself now.

The throttle body for the golf is that a gti one and which year?

The pipes where they all custom made or is it off the shelf samco stuff.

What made you chose the emerald ecu over something else and do you use the different map settings?

Once again thanks

noddy am gettin my pistons made by my step dad an he chargin me 400 quid ish an as 4 for power am not 2 botherd realy only doin it 4 a laugh laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

noddy am gettin my pistons made by my step dad an he chargin me 400 quid ish an as 4 for power am not 2 botherd realy only doin it 4 a laugh laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

i llike cheap laughs and this is not one , but each to there own all the best with it

i llike cheap laughs and this is not one , but each to there own all the best with it

cheers dude if it works it works if it it dont who cares lol but all let you know how i get on

what type of compression are you going for noddy and airwolf. What is you ratio aswell if please Paul. I think standard is 10.5:1 i think.

Once again Thanks

not sure on compression to be honest ill work that out wen i get my pistons made and fitted laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> lol

I thought the pistins have to be made to the compression you need dont they?

am leaving that down to ma step dad as he the 1 makin them and he the expert in all that is supercharged lol laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

okay so i think il need a ratio of 8:1. Noddy i think gti runs 11.5:1 are you going for 8:1 or 9:1.

my engine code is afk from wot i bein told

Cool, i was just thinking as my car is an AUB u cant decat it but under a stand alone system i could de cat it couldnt i?

i de cated mine an it ran fine sounded good on the down change tho lol think when ive charged it mite put the de cat back on for a giggle all that i had on mine b 4 i decided to charge it was power boost valve cat bk xhaust and piper x viper induction kit and it ran well then de cated it an ran better hope this helps in some way

Cool, i was just thinking as my car is an AUB u cant decat it but under a stand alone system i could de cat it couldnt i?

when on stand alone ecu you can run what ever you like as long as its mapped to suit it but ifi was you i would looking in to a sports cat

as for compresion i'm not sure i was told i just need a 2mm spacer plate and thats on a gti engine . hope that helps a bit

okay so i think il need a ratio of 8:1. Noddy i think gti runs 11.5:1 are you going for 8:1 or 9:1.

That sounds about right. You could always just run ethanol instead and slack off the change in compression ratio tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> But then you'd have to spend as much money as getting new pistons just ethanol proofing all the fuel system.....so it'd be a bit silly really laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" /> Sorry......I'm an engineer.

lmao thanks for the conformation. im just gonna go for a decomp plate but i think getting one made will be a bit of a pain. do you need one or 2headgaskets once the decomp plate is fitted. Could i run jenvey bodies under charge? i know its silly just an idea though.

lmao thanks for the conformation. im just gonna go for a decomp plate but i think getting one made will be a bit of a pain. do you need one or 2headgaskets once the decomp plate is fitted. Could i run jenvey bodies under charge? i know its silly just an idea though.

gettin a de comp plate made wont be a problem as i rang a firm i use up an asked if they could make me 1 from my head gasket bein quoted 60 quid ish and yes it would b wise to use 2 head gaskets

gettin a de comp plate made wont be a problem as i rang a firm i use up an asked if they could make me 1 from my head gasket bein quoted 60 quid ish and yes it would b wise to use 2 head gaskets

the company who i said about at the start of this thread they say you only have to use one and you seal the plate in with a paste and they are about £120 ish

hmm who did yours paul.

Okay im gonna give ferriday a call as they dont do one for the aub engine lets see if they can do it. What exactly are they though so i can look up someone local.

Edited by Daood

hmm who did yours paul.

Okay im gonna give ferriday a call as they dont do one for the aub engine lets see if they can do it. What exactly are they though so i can look up someone local.

think they will only need a head gasket to make one up