Had enough of 'LOWS' - RACEKOR

Little Green Giant

Thanks mate :) should be hearing back about the notching today. It needs doing big time haha.

Also, broke my scissor jack on saturday,

bought a new one yesterday but I have to drive the car onto a brick to even get the new scissor jack under it!!

Any one suggest a good low small jack?

broke my scissor jack on saturday,

bought a new one yesterday but I have to drive the car onto a brick to even get the new scissor jack under it!!

Any one suggest a good low small jack?

it needs to be small enough to sit in the boot though :P

The 3 Ton quicklift they have at my tire place doesn't get underneath either. you need a serious low jack proper floor lift :lol:

cha_long-rally-quick-lift.jpg

it will be interesting to see how low it will go once the chasis notching has been done, as at the moment the driveshaft is keeping the car from going lower! :P

Looking forward to you getting the notch done.

I'll measure the depth of mine tomorrow as you'll need to get it deeper mine is just starting to chafe on the notch.

Also my drive shaft has started rubbing the back of my sump where it meets the bottom of the block :lol:

So be weary of that.

Looking good mate, very excited for UD.

We going to sort out a crossover point to meet and roll together ?

Edited by Jowey

The 3 Ton quicklift they have at my tire place doesn't get underneath either. you need a serious low jack proper floor lift :lol:

haha, yeah, with the standard one you get from lupo's i had to run it from the back end along the sill untill it wouldnt go any further! LOL

Its no good having to put it on a brick every time though haha!

Looking forward to you getting the notch done.

I'll measure the depth of mine tomorrow as you'll need to get it deeper mine is just starting to chafe on the notch.

Also my drive shaft has started rubbing the back of my sump where it meets the bottom of the block :lol:

So be weary of that.

yeah please do! :D its going to have to be pretty deep by the sounds of it then! haha NICE!! :D

im hopefully getting the wheels aligned on wednesday but going to try and make sure they dont correct the camber LOL

Looking good mate, very excited for UD.

We going to sort out a crossover point to meet and roll together ?

Yeah me too! :D We have to really dont we! :P Hopefully Rob is picking up the vinyl so will be able to have a look at that when we get there too :D

haha, yeah, with the standard one you get from lupo's i had to run it from the back end along the sill untill it wouldnt go any further! LOL

Its no good having to put it on a brick every time though haha!

I have a 16" long piece of 2"x4" in the boot at all times.

Can drive onto it and jack the car up, Or when you get beached can just about get enough leverage on it to live the car enough to get the scissor jack under the sill.. then jack the car up with that and lower it back down onto the peice of wood and reverse off of, whatever you're stuck on, curbs, speed bumps, crushed cola cans :lol:

I have a project in mind making a set of foldable wooden tracks to aid with driving over speedbumps etc when you stumble across them on a one-way street etc.

Consisting of 5 or 6 short'ish 9" sections of 2x4" with the ends tapered down to make an easy ramp

Totally MOD style lol :lol:

yeah please do! :D its going to have to be pretty deep by the sounds of it then! haha NICE!! :D

im hopefully getting the wheels aligned on wednesday but going to try and make sure they dont correct the camber LOL

Probably not a lot they can do with the camber, I have minimal room where the bumper meets the wing, so I need a bit of negative camber to

give me some leeway !.

Should really get mine re-aligned but i'm broke, I think I just have a bit of toe out which needs addressing.

Tirewear is most dramatically affected from incorrect toe, not the common myth of camber as the culprit

Yeah me too! :D We have to really dont we! :P Hopefully Rob is picking up the vinyl so will be able to have a look at that when we get there too :D

Sweet I'll BBM you and we'll sort something out

Edited by Jowey

I have a 16" long piece of 2"x4" in the boot at all times.

Can drive onto it and jack the car up, Or when you get beached can just about get enough leverage on it to live the car enough to get the scissor jack under the sill.. then jack the car up with that and lower it back down onto the peice of wood and reverse off of, whatever you're stuck on, curbs, speed bumps, crushed cola cans :lol:

I have a project in mind making a set of foldable wooden tracks to aid with driving over speedbumps etc when you stumble across them on a one-way street etc.

Consisting of 5 or 6 short'ish 9" sections of 2x4" with the ends tapered down to make an easy ramp

Totally MOD style lol :lol:

do it! paint it pink nd sell them as dirty stancing raise aids! :lol:

Probably not a lot they can do with the camber, I have minimal room where the bumper meets the wing, so I need a bit of negative camber to

give me some leeway !.

Should really get mine re-aligned but i'm broke, I think I just have a bit of toe out which needs addressing.

Tirewear is most dramatically affected from incorrect toe, not the common myth of camber as the culprit

think i will probably give it a go myself as it will probably end up being a waste of money! :lol:

Sweet I'll BBM you and we'll sort something out

cant bloody wait! have to find a floor to crash on! :D

i done mine with a 10ft straight steel box section against the rims from front to rear. then took it to a mates n he said, spot on, lol.

couldn't adjust my fronts to toe in anymore than they already are; maxed out !.

Going to look into longer cross compatible tie-rods fromn other VAG models.

they are toed out 1.968" (both sides added) which is a lot !

Car's turning circle is rubbish going forward but amazing in reverse :lol:

Nice bit of internet-fu there Mr.Nightowl,

I vote you sign up and update with a few new pictures Ben.

Maybe not tomorrow though as I am lead to believe you have a busy day ahead of you :lol: